Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, i know its been awhile, but that's only because, since i only had a few chapters left in the latest installment of my other fic, i decided to finish it off and devote my time to this fic only for awhile. see? i didn't forget you guys...

[spoiler=Chapter Eleven]

The Forest vs. the Heavens

Jen

“Get ready,” the announcer called over the speakers, “because the first semi-final duel is about to start! For the semi-finals the pairings have been made using our computer to ensure complete randomization. And the computer has made its first pairing; Jen the Forest Duelist against Hiro, the mysterious Duelist with the Judgment Deck! We’ve seen both of these Duelists pull off some amazing combos today, and I can’t help but wonder, what combos will they use against each other?”

The crowd cheered.

I knew I’d end up facing Hiro, I thought. Just as well. This is the perfect chance to prove just how good I am.

Hiro was already halfway to the duel platform when I stepped through the doorway and onto the stadium floor. When I reached the platform, Hiro was waiting.

“Do you care who goes first?” I asked. Hiro shook his head. “Good,” I said. “I’ll go.” I drew my opening hand, This will have to do.

“I summon ‘Pinch Hopper’ in defense mode,” I declared, “and place a card face-down.” I grasshopper the size of a large dog appeared next to the hologram of my face-down card (DEF: 1200).

“Then I’ll summon my ‘Royal Knight’,” said Hiro, the angelic knight from his last duel appeared at its master’s side, his sword raised (ATK: 1300). “My monster destroys your ‘Hopper’,” Hiro declared, and the knight slashed, cutting my ‘Hopper’ in half. “This activates my monster’s effect,” Hiro explained, “increasing my Life Points by an amount equal to the destroyed monster’s Defense (8000+1200=9200).”

“It also triggers my ‘Hopper’’s effect,” I said, “letting me summon any Insect monster from my hand. I choose ‘Petit Moth’!” A pale green worm appeared (DEF: 200).

Hiro stifled a laugh, “Really, is that the best you can do?”

I smiled a confident smile, “I know what I’m doing.”

But the truth was, I hadn’t drawn any stronger monsters. ‘Petit Moth’ really was the best I could do.

“I end my turn,” Hiro declared, “with two face-down cards.”

“Then I reveal,” I countered, “the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, summoning up a powerful gust strong enough to destroy the face-down card on your right.”

A bust of wind tore at the face-down card. Come on, I thought, hit a Counter Trap. The card was torn apart, a moment after it was revealed as the Counter Trap card ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’. I smiled.

“Now,” I continued, “I activate the Spell card ‘Smashing Ground’, destroying you monster.” A hologram of my Spell card appeared, and a ring of light appeared below it.

“Reveal,” said Hiro, “the Counter Trap ‘Magic Jammer’, discarding one card to negate and destroy your Spell card.” He sent a card to the Graveyard, and the ring flashed, causing my Spell card to fade into the light and disappear.

“Good,” I said. “I managed to clear away your Traps with my decoys. That means I can play ‘Insect Imitation’, tributing my ‘Petit Moth’ to summon another Insect in face-down defense position.” My ‘Petit Moth’ disappeared, and a hologram of a face-down card turned sideways appeared on my field in its place.

“I set another card,” I said, “and end my move.”

Hiro drew his next card. “I tribute ‘Royal Knight’,” He declared, “to summon ‘Majestic Mech – Ohka’.” The beast-like mech angel appeared in place of Hiro’s knight, letting loose a mighty roar (ATK: 2400). “Attack the face-down monster.”

‘Ohka’ raised his claws, but his strike was repelled by a force field, summoned up by a trio of priests in blue robes.

“‘Woboku’ protects my monster from battle damage this turn,” I explained, “but my monster is still flipped up, revealing it as the deadly ‘Parasite Paraside’.”

A green, many-legged, multi-tentacled insect appeared, emitting a hissing sound.”

“When ‘Parasite Paraside’ is flipped face-up its added to my opponent’s deck face-up. Then when my opponent draws it, it’s Special Summoned to their field, infecting their monsters.”

There was a flash of green light, and the hologram of ‘Parasite Paraside’ disappeared. I picked up the card, walked over and handed it to Hiro. He set it on top of his deck and then removed his deck from his Duel Disk, ready to shuffle.

“Don’t bother with that,” I said, smiling. I drew a card to begin my turn, and I took another card from my hand, showing it to Hiro. “My ‘Jade Insect Whistle’ forces you to add an Insect monster from your deck to the top of your deck, and I figure that ‘Parasite Paraside’ is the only one. I’ll also activate ‘Insect Barrier’, for when ‘Paraside’’s effect kicks in next turn.”

I turned to walk back to my side of the arena. As I passed half way, a mesh of yellow threads made of light rose up between me and my opponent. I turned to face him, crossing my arms, displaying confidence. But I knew that my combo wasn’t as fool proof as I was making it sound. I still had a ways to go. But I had no choice but to feign confidence. If I didn’t, my opponent would run me over.

Hiro drew, adding the ‘Parasite Paraside’ card to his hand. “The effect of ‘Parasite Paraside’ activates,” he said. “It’s Special Summoned to my side of the field, and I take one thousand points of damage (9200-1000=8200).”

“Don’t forget,” I said, as the bizarre insect appeared again under my opponent’s control, “that my ‘Parasite Paraside’ infects your monsters with Insect-type DNA.” ‘Paraside’’s tentacles reached out, sliding under ‘Ohka’’s ceramic armor, and from the crystal underneath the armor ‘Ohka’ sprouted insect legs and tentacles of its own.

“Your plan is good,” said Hiro. “Trying to stall by turning my monster’s into Insect-types with ‘Paraside’’s effect and then putting up an ‘Insect Barrier’ is really good. But it’s not good enough. I tribute ‘Majestic Mech – Ohka’ and ‘Parasite Paraside’ to summon the unstoppable ‘Majestic Mech – Goryu’!”

The two monsters were replaced by the massive angelic dragon. The gaps between his body segments emitted a bright light, and he roared (ATK: 2900).

I’m out of stall tactics, I thought as the mighty beast loomed overhead. But this is the monster I wanted to fight. Out of all the monsters that Hiro’s summoned so far today, this one’s the strongest.

“’Goryu’,” Hiro commanded, “attack!” The dragon’s mouth glowed, and it breathed light down on me, tearing through the mesh of yellow lights and hitting me square in the chest (8000-2900=5100).

“Now,” said Hiro, “I play ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting us both draw until we hold six cards.”

We refilled our hands. Hiro looked over his cards and said, “I end my turn.”

I hadn’t looked at my cards yet. I closed my eyes, and I began my turn.

John

This is it, I thought. I’ve known Jen my entire life. She’s my cousin, but she’s also one of my closest friends. I know she can do better than this. In Duel Monsters or in real life, Jen’s strong. I want to see just how strong with my own eyes.

I could tell that Jen was debating weather or not to look at her hand. She’d been excited to face Hiro, but ‘Goryu’ is one of the strongest monsters in the game. Even from my place just outside the waiting room, I could tell how hopeless she felt.

Come on Jen, I thought. If anyone can defeat Hiro, you can.

She opened her eyes, and she looked over at me, looking into my eyes. I nodded, and she smiled and nodded back.

Jen

Things were looking bad. I was thinking of giving up when I felt a wave of confidence washing over me. I looked back toward the waiting room. John was standing there, watching. I respect my cousin. No matter what, I can’t stand to let him down. He nodded to me, and I knew that I had to keep trying. I nodded back, and turned back to opponent.

“Alright Hiro,” I said, “I may have had some pretty bad luck so far, but that’s about to change!” I turned over my hand and looked at the seven cards, and I smiled.

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

“I might not win,” I said, “and frankly, I don’t think I will. But ever since I saw this dragon of yours, I’ve wanted to fight it, to prove that I’m at your level. So I’m gonna put up one hell of a fight!”

I ejected three cards from my Graveyard and placed them in my pocket.

“I remove ‘Pinch Hopper’, ‘Petit Moth’ and ‘Parasite Paraside’ from play,” I declared, “to summon ‘Doom Dozer’ and ‘Aztekipede the Worm Warrior’!”

To either side of me, the ground opened up, and two massive centipedes emerged. One was red, and the other was green. Both had Aztec-style markings carved into the shell segments on their backs (ATK: 2800/ATK: 1900).

My monsters roared, emitting a hissing sound, and I crossed my arms in defiance. “Get ready Hiro,” I said, “because here I come!”

[spoiler=Card(s) of the Day]

DoomDozerGLD1-EN-C-LE.png

Aztekipede%2CtheWormWarriorPTDN-EN-R-1E.png

This episodes "card" of the day is a tie between the above monsters. Jen saw Hiro's power, and she wanted to prove that she could match it. But because she didn't expect to win, when it came time for her to prove herself, she almost gave in. Then, with a little help from John, she regained her confidence, returning fire with these monsters. They represent her will to fight.

Next Chapter The Erasing Light

Chapter 11 was quite good. Jen has power' date=' but somehow I don't think she will beat Hiro but I hope I'm wrong.

[/quote']

Of course she won't.

Hiro will face John in the finals, that's something obvious.

But the outcome of the finals, is still a question for me, for they are both main characters.

Chapter 11 was quite good. Jen has power' date=' but somehow I don't think she will beat Hiro but I hope I'm wrong.

[/quote']

Of course she won't.

Hiro will face John in the finals, that's something obvious.

But the outcome of the finals, is still a question for me, for they are both main characters.

there are actually two versions. i'll probably post the alternate version after the book is finished, like a DVD with an "alternate ending".

here's the next chapter. can jen beat hiro? probably not, but you should read it anyway, just to be sure.

[spoiler=Chapter Twelve]

The Erasing Light

“Impressive,” said Hiro. “Not many Duelists can summon one powerful monster in just one turn, let alone two. But as powerful as they are, they can’t defeat my ‘Majestic Mech – Goryu’.” Behind him, the massive snake-like ceramic dragon shuffled its wings and roared.

“They’re not strong enough yet,” I said, “but I have another card to play.” The Field Spell slot in the end of my Duel Disk slid open, and I placed a card in it. The ground behind me split open, and a massive tree sprouted from the ground, growing until it towered over everything else on the field. “I activate ‘Gaia Power’,” I declared, “boosting the power of my monsters by five hundred each.” Light shone from the tree, and the worms hissed fiercely (Doom Dozer: 2800+500=3300/Aztekipede: 1900+500=2400).

“‘Doom Dozer’,” I commanded, “destroy ‘Goryu’!” The massive worm reached forward and crushed the mighty dragon’s midsection with its mandibles. The dragon’s crystalline ceramic body shattered (8200+2900-3300=7800).

“Next I attack with ‘Aztekipede’ directly.” The green worm struck, dealing a full twenty-four hundred points of damage (7800-2400=5400).

“Now,” I said, “the player that took damage from my monsters discards the top two cards of his deck.”

Hiro smiled an impressed smile, and sent the top two cards from his deck to his Graveyard.

“I place two cards face-down,” I declared, my confidence returning. “I have complete control of the field now. Just try to come back from this.”

“Don’t worry,” said Hiro in a tone that drained my confidence away yet again, “I will.”

He drew and declared, “I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying the tree.” I massive cyclonic gust rose up, tearing the ‘Gaia Power’ to splinters. The Attack of my monsters fell back to the original values.

“Next,” said Hiro, “I play ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive my ‘Majestic Mech – Goryu’.”

A glowing red ankh appeared, rising into the air behind Hiro. It spread out until it was nothing but an intense red light that became the mighty angelic dragon (ATK: 2900).

“It won’t matter,” I said, “because I have a couple of cards prepared for just this occasion. ‘Zero Gravity’ changes your monster to defense mode, triggering my ‘Tragedy’ card, destroying every defense position monster that you control.”

“‘Zero Gravity’ is of no consequence,” Hiro said, “but I won’t let ‘Tragedy’ resolve.”

“How do you plan to stop it,” I asked, “with your imaginary Trap card?”

“No,” Hiro replied, “I plan to stop it with a card from my hand, the ‘Herald of Purple Light’. I discard him and another Fairy monster to negate the activation of a Trap card and destroy it.” A small spherical mech-angel made of white and purple crystal appeared, a bright light emanating from it. The light flashed, and both the ‘Herald’ and the hologram of my Trap card disappeared.

“You really should have destroyed my ‘Zero Gravity’ card,” I said, “because now I can destroy your dragon again next turn.”

Hiro ignored me. “I place one card face-down and end my turn.”

I drew a card.

Alright, I have everything I need to win. I’m going to win! I’m going to beat Hiro!

“It’s time I finished this,” I said. “I summon ‘Insect Knight’.”

A tall, slender insect appeared, standing on his rearmost four legs. His front two legs were very much like arms with human hands, and in them he carried a sword and a shield (ATK: 1900).

“Next I equip ‘Doom Dozer’ with the spell card ‘Insect Armor with Laser Cannon’, boosting his power by seven hundred.” A cannon appeared on the massive worm’s head, held in place by several straps (ATK: 2800+700=3500).

“Now I attack with ‘Insect Knight’,” I commanded. “Slay the dragon (DEF: 0)!”

‘Insect Knight’ jumped up and swung his sword, splitting the dragon in half.

“And I finish it,” I declared, “with ‘Doom Dozer’ and ‘Aztekipede the Worm Warrior’!”

My ‘Doom Dozer’ struck first, but his attack was intercepted by the appearance of the ‘Majestic Mech – Senku’.

“Reveal,” said Hiro as ‘Doom Dozer’ crushed the human-sized angel, “the Spell card ‘Celestial Transformation’, summoning a Fairy from my hand.”

“Then I’ll have to settle for a direct attack,” I said. “‘Aztekipede’, go.”

“I don’t think so,” said Hiro. “I let you destroy my two monsters so that I could summon an even more powerful monster than ‘Goryu’.”

White clouds built overhead, and a bright light shone through them. The clouds parted, and a massive legless angel appeared, its body made of gleaming, silvery armor descended to the field, settling into place just behind its master.

“Destroying every one of my two or more monsters in one turn,” Hiro explained, “allowed me to Special Summon ‘Tualatin’ from my hand, activating his effect, the Erasing Light! When ‘Tualatin’ is Special Summoned by his own effect, I declare one monster attribute, and monsters of that attribute cannot exist in ‘Tualatin’’s presence.” Even as Hiro spoke, light poured from his monster, erasing my monsters from existence. I had nothing left. The light faded, and only ‘Tualatin’ remained (ATK: 2800).

“I can’t believe it,” I said. “You managed to turn everything around just like that. In fact, you used the fact that I was in the lead to summon a monster that could wipe out my entire field all at once!”

I looked down at the arena floor.

This can’t happen. I was so close! Maybe I should quit now. Maybe all I’m good for is quitting, or giving up, or losing. It seems like that’s all I can do anymore.

I moved my hand toward my deck, preparing to surrender.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Hiro asked calmly.

“Don’t worry, I’m not trying to draw an extra card,” I said solemnly.

“I know,” Hiro said. “I know you’re surrendering. But come on, you haven’t even finished your turn yet.”

“Why should I bother?” I asked. “What can I do? I used every move I had just to get this far. I don’t have anything left!”

“Of course you do,” Hiro said frankly. “You were one of the ones that I wanted to fight today for the simple reason that you’re brilliant! You can make a working combo out of anything, or control the flow of a game with only a few cards. You beat Kris, whose strategy was brilliant, and Amanda, who I’m even afraid to fight. You owe it to yourself to see this duel through, and to keep fighting. You have as good a chance now as you ever did.”

I thought about it. He doesn’t have anything in his hand, so his next card will likely be a dead draw. If I get the right card in my next turn, I just might be able to turn this game back around!

I clenched my fist and looked Hiro in the eye. “Okay,” I said, “it’s your move.”

He drew and looked long and hard at his new card. Finally he placed it on his Duel Disk and said, “I set a card, and I attack directly with ‘Tualatin’, Erasing Light!”

‘Tualatin’ raised his hands and summoned massive amounts of light that washed over me (5100-2800=2300).

I drew, and without even looking I knew that I’d drawn the only card in my deck with the potential to save me.

“Activate,” I declared, “the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting us both draw until we hold six cards.”

I drew four cards and looked them over.

Yes, I thought. Even if his face-down card is what I think it is, I’ve got his. There’s nothing he can do. I win.

“I activate the Spell card ‘Hammer Shot’,” I declared, “destroying the strongest monster on the field. And that, in case you didn’t realize, is ‘Tualatin’!”

“No you don’t,” Hiro countered. “I reveal ‘Magic Jammer’, discarding one card to negate and destroy your Spell.”

I thought so. That means my decoy worked. It’s time for my real trump card.

“In that case, I activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive any monster from either Graveyard, and the monster I choose is the unstoppable ‘Majestic Mech – Goryu’!”

My own red ankh appeared, expanding into the shaped of the dragon.

“Sorry,” Hiro said, “but that won’t work either. I discard two cards from my hand to activate the effect of my ‘Herald of Green Light’.” A green and white version of the ‘Herald of Purple Light’ appeared, emanating an emerald light that erased the dragon before it could completely form.

I looked down at my feet, in shock. He’d done it again. But this time, instead of letting it get to me, I looked up, gave Hiro a smile and said, “Then bring it on.”

Hiro drew a card to begin his turn, but he didn’t need to look at it. He smiled back and commanded, “‘Tualatin’, finish it, Erasing Light.”

The light from his mighty angel hit me, and my Life Points fell (2300-2800=0). I’d done well, but I’d still lost. I couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

Hiro walked over to me and said, “Wow, if I hadn’t drawn ‘Herald of Green Light’, you would have beaten me. I don’t run any cards, other than ‘Tualatin’ that destroy monsters once they’re out on the field. ‘Goryu’ would have run me into the ground.”

He reached out, offering me his hand to shake. I took it. “Your right,” I said. “It looks like we both got lucky in that last turn, you just got a little luckier.

We laughed, and then we walked back to the waiting room side by side.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

TualatinLODT-EN-ScR-1E.png

The power of this card is incredible. Any monster with the ability to potentially destroy every monster your opponent controls is powerful enough. But this card can also prevent your opponent from summoning more monsters! "Tualatin" is definitely one of the strongest monsters in Hiro's deck

Next Chapter Rival Match; John vs. Tucker

also, here's the next chapter, since nobody wants to comment on the last one...

[spoiler=Chapter Thirteen]

Rival Match; John vs. Tucker

Tucker

It was finally here. Me against John. Even though John was my best friend, he was also my strongest rival. I’d already beaten Lawrence and Max today, two Duelists that I never expected to beat. What was one more?

“You ready bro?” John asked me.

“Oh yeah,” I said, “I’m definitely ready.”

While the announcer was still talking about Jen’s match, John and I walked out the Duel Disk arena.

“Ah, and here they are now,” said the announcer upon seeing us, “our next two competitors, John the Dark Duelist, and Tucker the Fire Duelist!”

“You know, I don’t think we’ve ever dueled like this,” said John.

“We haven’t,” I said. “We’ve only ever dueled the normal, tabletop way. You’re a good Duelist, but your real power comes through in a real duel, and I want to face you at your best.”

John smiled in the arrogant and confident way that he often does and said, “Then let’s give them a show.”

I drew a hand of six cards, “Me first. I summon ‘UFO Turtle’, and set one card.”

A green tortoise with a flying saucer for a shell appeared (ATK: 1400).

“Really?” John asked. “Tuck, you know I won’t let you pull off ‘UFO Turtle’’s effect unless I absolutely have to. I activate ‘Dark Core’, discarding ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ to remove your ‘UFO Turtle’ from play.”

A small black hole appeared above my turtle, and several black bolts of lightning lanced from it, snagging my monster and lifting it form the ground. But before my monster could be absorbed into the black hole, a glowing spell ring appeared between my monster and the black hole, acting as a barrier.

“I discard the Spell card ‘Tribute Doll’,” I declared, “to activate ‘Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell’, negating your Spell card and saving my monster.” I smiled, “Guess you absolutely have to, huh?”

“I guess so,” John replied with a smile of his own. I’d impressed him. “I summon ‘Diskblade Rider’.” A green-skinned fiend appeared, wearing blue armor and riding on the back of a powerful-looking motorcycle. He carried a bladed disk in his left hand (ATK: 1700).

“‘Diskblade Rider’, attack ‘UFO Turtle’ with Disk Toss!”

“‘Diskblade Rider’ threw his disk, and then sped after it. The disk split my monster in half and bounced off of the ground at my feet (8000+1400-1700=7700). ‘Diskblade Rider’ caught the disk, swerved around me, and rode back to John’s side of the field where it settled at his side.

“As I’m sure you know,” I said, “when ‘UFO Turtle’ is destroyed in battle, I can summon a Fire monster from my deck to replace him.”

I fanned out my deck and selected a card.

“I summon,” I declared, “the powerful ‘Solar Flare Dragon’.” A serpentine dragon with a body made of fire appeared, its tail wrapped around my feet (ATK: 1500).

“I end my turn,” John declared, “by placing two cards face-down.”

How will he play this? I wondered. He knows all of ‘Solar Flare Dragon’’s effects, but that’s not what matters here. The question is, did he have anything in his hand that he could use against it, or are his face-downs only a bluff?

I have to keep going with my strategy and hope for the best.

“Alright,” I said, “I draw, and play the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards.”

I drew, Not bad! I don’t even have to rely on ‘Solar Flare’’s effect now. I can move right to phase two.

“I remove ‘UFO Turtle’ from play to summon ‘Spirit of the Flame’.” A red-skinned demon with curved horns appeared (ATK: 1700). “Now I tribute both of my monsters to summon the ‘Infernal Flame Emperor’!”

My monsters were engulfed by flames. The flames merged, becoming a lion-bodied creature with the torso of a man and broad wings, all made of fire (ATK: 2700). “I remove ‘Spirit of the Flames’ and ‘Solar Flare Dragon’ in my Graveyard from the game,” I declared, “to destroy both of your face down cards.”

‘Infernal Flame Emperor’ raised his palms, and the two cards burst into flames. Before they were reduced to ash, one of them flipped up, and a giant game controller emerged.

“You destroyed my card,” said John, “but I was still able to chain my ‘Enemy Controller’.” He pressed five buttons on the controller, and a cord reached from it, connecting to my monster. My monster crouched down and crossed his arms, changing to defense mode (DEF: 1600).

“Since I can’t attack,” I said, the frustration leaking into my voice, “I’ll just end my turn.”

“Good,” John said. He drew, and he selected a card already in his hand. “I tribute ‘Diskblade Rider’ to summon the sinister ‘Summoned Skull’!”

The motorcyclist disappeared in a burst of electricity that took on the form of the skeletal fiend (ATK: 2500). ‘Summoned Skull’ raised his claws, aiming them at my monster. Clouds built overhead, and a bolt of lightning burst from them, hitting the fiend’s claws and jumping to my monster. He was vaporized.

“I set a card,” said John, “and end my turn.”

I looked up at my opponent’s monster. I can’t beat it yet, I thought, so I’ll have to stall until I can figure something out.

“I activate ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards, and discarding ‘Darkfire Soldier #2’ and the egg-dragon ‘Ryu-Ran’. And I’ll follow up with ‘Monster Reborn’ to summon my ‘Ryu-Ran’ in defense mode!”

A red ankh appeared, blossoming out and becoming a red-spotted egg with red dragon’s feet and a red tail protruding from it. There was a gap in the shell through which you could see the dragon’s eyes, but otherwise, he was protected.

“My monster may not be able to beat summoned skull head on, but his shell is protected by a powerful magical coating, allowing him to reflect most any attack (DEF: 2600).”

“My turn?” John asked. I nodded. “Then I’ll go ahead and reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’,” He declared, “summoning my ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ from the Graveyard in attack position.”

The legendary black dragon with the piercing red eyes appeared with a roar (ATK: 2400).

“He can’t get through your dragon’s defense either,” John admitted, “so I’ll pass.”

I drew a card, swearing to myself, wishing silently for this stalemate to end. All I could do was set a card and pass. John did the same. I drew, “I set a monster this time,” I declared, “and I end my turn again.”

John drew his next card and smiled, “Finally. No more waiting. I activate ‘Polymerization’, fusing ‘Summoned Skull’ and ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ into the ‘Black Skull Dragon’!”

The two monsters merged, becoming a skeletal black dragon with red eyes and thick, massive claws. He roared at the sky (ATK: 3200).

“I figured as much,” I said. “Well, bring it on.”

“With pleasure. ‘Black Skull Dragon’, Molten Fireball!”

The dragon exhaled, unleashing a barrage of fireballs that fell toward my monster, leaving him no chance to survive, except for the reflective barrier that appeared to protect him.

“Reveal ‘Mirror Force’,” I commanded.

“Counter with ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’ (8000-1000=7000),” John declared, and the barrier shattered. The fireballs hit, and my monster was incinerated before my very eyes.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

BSkullDragonMRD-NA-UR-1E.jpg

Since the duel so far has pretty much been back and forth, i made the card of the day this time around the card that stands in Tucker's way at the end of the chapter.

Next Chapter Rival Match; Fiend Megacyber vs. Legendary Flame Lord

still nobody? well, anyway, i promised that i would post some previews of my next series, so i will. the first two are the ones that will take place immediately after this one. the third is the final series, which will be my last fanfic that relates back to the duel force at all. enjoy!

[spoiler=Yu-Gi-Oh! DA]

Our hero John and another member of the Duel Force are asked to attend a new school for duelist, sponsored by Kaiba Corporation with a course program put together by Seto Kaiba and Maxamillion Pegasus. John thinks that his time at this "Duel Academy" will be a breeze. After all, he if semi-famous. But things start to go wrong, beginning when John is defeated, losing his favorite card, 'The Fiend Megacyber', to his opponent.

John and his new friends Thomas and Ria, along with his (almost) girlfriend Karen must face new threats alongside allies such as the seemingly unbeatable Professor Shepherd. He fights demons and evil possessed Duelists, but his greatest challenge of all will be off the duel field.

this story will cover the first three years of Duel Academy, and the part that our heroes play in them, all in one thirty chapter book.

[spoiler=Characters]

[spoiler=John]

Deck Type: Eternal Chaos

Shadow Item: Soul of Chaos

Favorite Card: The Fiend Megacyber

Soul Card: Great Maju Garzett

Description: John is still very much like how he appeared in Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, except for a few key differences. He now wears a Duel Academy jacket instead of his trademark black over shirt, and he has become cocky. He has become fairly well known, and he and Karen are finally together. What more could he want? He thinks his life is perfect, and because he's comfortable, he's become arrogant. He will have to change.

[spoiler=Karen]

Deck Type: Complete Control

Shadow Item: Soul of Imagination

Favorite Card: Dark Magician Girl

Soul Card: Allure Queen (Any Level)

Description: Karen has learned a lot recently. She learned first that she would rather be a card designer than a Duelist. She learned that sometimes life gives you the means to get your life where you want it. But most importantly, she's learned that, when left unchecked, John can become a jerk. Now she has to turn him around before she's forced to give up on their relationship for good.

[spoiler=Thomas]

Deck Type: Inferno Spirits

Shadow Item: N/A

Spirit Monster: Flame Spirit Ignis

Description: Thomas is a Duelist that believes all of his monsters should be kept alive by allowing them to contribute, even after they've been sent to the Graveyard. He has designed his deck to use the spirits of his monsters as mighty weapons that assist his living monsters in battle. Thomas can see monster spirits, and he can recognize others with that power, even if it comes from a connection with Souls or Shadow Items. He is heroic, but has a tendency to get in over his head.

[spoiler=Gloria (Goes by "Ria") ]

Deck Type: Ultimate Fighter

Favorite Card: The Ultimate Fighter

Description: Ria is a typical fangirl, with a massive crush on her idol; John! She pursues him endlessly, at least until she sees what its doing to Karen. From that point on she tries to be a good friend to John, Karen and Thomas, and even helps them out on several occasions. She uses a deck that represents her love of mixed martial arts. Because she knows a fair amount of several martial arts, and because she is mildly unstable, there's a good chance that, if you know her, she will hit you at some point. Remaining in close proximity to her for any given amount of time increases the chances of this happening.

[spoiler=Sky]

Deck Type: Spell Power

Favorite Card: Darkred Enchanter

Spirit Monster: Endymion, the Master Magician

Description: Spiky black/brown hair and gray eyes. Sky is a Duelist with great skill, who believes that he should use that skill to better the Dueling community, even if he has to cause others some pain. He is a good person, but he has a tendency to act condescending.

[spoiler=Shin]

Deck Type: Honest Justice

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: Fried the Brave Wanderer

Description: Pale green hair and pale green eyes. Shin dresses mostly in shades of white and khaki, even making sure to wear a white shirt under his uniform jacket. Shin believes in justice, but he believes that only a select few are capable of administering it when it comes to Dueling. He is one of these capable people because he is more dedicated than anyone else. Shin has a repressed darker side. He is a powerful Duelist who commands a massive array of Light Monsters.

[spoiler=Professor Shepherd]

Deck Type: Earth-Style Cyber

Favorite Card: Cyber Ogre

Spirit Monster: Cyber Ogre/any Cyber Ogre Fusion

Description: Shepherd is an infinitely knowledgeable and intelligent Duelist with great skill in the nearly lost art of "Cyber-Style Dueling". He is the strongest Duelist among the Duel Academy professors, but his skills are said to pale in comparison to those of the school's headmaster, Chancellor Kagemaru. Shepherd seems to have knowledge of the Shadow Realm, or at least an instinctual ability to perceive the movements of individuals in connection with it.

[spoiler=Chancellor Kagemaru]

Deck Type: Invincible Trio, the Academy's Pride

Favorite Card: N/A

Description: Kagemaru is elderly, but in good health. He is said to be one of the few Duelists at Duel Academy who CANNOT be defeated. Kagemaru uses a deck of monsters that are said to be the pride of Academy Island. They are so powerful that no Duelist who has ever faced them has been able to adequately describe them.

glad you liked it. here's the promo for the next book.

[spoiler=Yu-Gi-Oh! DE]

Rocky, pursuing his dream of saving lives through dueling, joins the Duelists Elite, choosing to devote his life to the downfall of the Duelists of the Order. Without a leader, the Order is falling apart, making them dangerous and unpredictable, but vulnerable. The Elite, or at least most of its members, believe that the Order is on the verge of falling. But it isn't long before a new leader emerges, taking the fight to the Elite.

It falls on Rocky and the other members of his team to defeat this new leader.

[spoiler=Characters]

[spoiler=Robert "Rocky" Stone]

Deck Type: Unbreakable Wall

Shadow Item: Soul of Earth

Favorite Card: Giant Soldier of Stone

Soul Card: Exodd, Master of the Guard

Description: Rocky is a former member of the Duel Force, and a master of Earth monsters and of balancing attack and defense. He is strong, but has a bad habit of inhibiting his own power to protect his opponent. Another member of the Elite, known only as "Prof", believes that Rocky is the only Duelist capable of bringing about the end of the Order. When one of his teammates in the Elite is killed in a Penalty Game, he begins to realize just how serious his life has become.

[spoiler= "The Card Professor" (Goes by "Prof") ]

Deck Type: Mad Scientist

Shadow Item: Shadow Pedant with red crystal core

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: Kozaky/Giant Kazaky

Description: Prof is a scientific and analytical genius. He is a great strategist who treats dueling like a science. He executes each of his moves with perfect precision, and he has designed his deck in a way that he can predict his opponent's every move. He is enigmatic and somewhat arrogant, often treating life like a game. He also has a tendency to disappear at inconvenient times, though this habit has never caused anyone any harm. Prof is the team leader of Rocky's team.

[spoiler=Rachel Weis]

Deck Type: Deadly Phantom

Shadow Item: Ancient Egyptian Crystal necklace

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: Phantom Beast Cross-Wing

Description: Rachel has been involved with the Elite since it was founded. The Order was responsible for the death of her parents. Her response to the loss was to lash out and alienate those around her. She became a karate master and a great Duelist in order to protect her parents' legacy, an Ancient Egyptian necklace, from the Order. It was because of the necklace and its power as a Shadow Item that she and her brother survived the Order attack. Her only real friend besides Prof (sort of) and Rocky is Elite co-founder Timothy Hendriks.

[spoiler=Charlie Weis]

Deck Type: Samurai Storm

Shadow Item: An old Egyptian coin

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: The Six Samurai - Irou

Description: Unlike his sister, Charlie chose to deal with the loss of his parents by bettering himself and those around him. He is not very friendly, but can be relied upon to be a source of calm and collection, even in the midst of chaos. His cards represent teamwork, but in real life, Charlie is often overly independent, and his cold exterior makes it hard for the people around him to get close. He doesn't get along well with his sister, but he loves her and would give his life to protect her, as she would him.

[spoiler=James]

Deck Type: N/A

Shadow Item: Egyptian ring, worn on his right middle finger

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: N/A

Description: James was the original fifth member of Prof's team. He is killed in a Penalty Game on Rocky's first mission.

[spoiler=Marco]

Deck Type: Dark and Light Forces

Spirit Monster: Dragonic Knight (Light)/Dark Armed Dragon (Dark)

Description: Marco had a rough life, but he has moved past it and become a relatively cheery person. But like most people with strong connections to the Shadow Realm who have experienced traumatic events, Marco has a darker side. But unlike most, he has taught himself to focus and channel that darker side into a powerful force for good. Marco is James' replacement.

[spoiler=Gregory Hendriks]

Deck Type: Arena Combat

Shadow Item: Crystal charm worn on a golden band around his wrist

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: Gladiator Beast Alexander

Description: Gregory has sandy blond hair and blue eyes. His hair sticks out in all directions. Gregory is the leader of the Elite. He is above genius, a master strategist, and a natural administrator. It is because of his immense strategic and administrative knowledge that he remains behind the front lines, coordinating the movements of the others. Gregory is one of the two founders of the Elite, and is thought to be unbeatable.

[spoiler=Timothy Hendriks]

Deck Type: N/A

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: N/A

Description: Timothy's hair sticks out similarly to his brothers, but is much darker, almost black. He has piercing, but compassionate gray eyes. He and his brother Gregory co-founded the Elite using the money left to them by their parents. He is a strategist second only to his older brother, and he is a master of covert ops. No one knows what his Shadow Item looks like, or if he even uses one. If he does, he's kept it hidden for years. He was Rachel's first real friend, and the only person that she's ever really trusted since the loss of her parents.

[spoiler=Raphael and Marcus]

These former special agents have recently become Gregory's personal guards. They are defeated by the Emperor's Four, the personal task force of the newest leader of the Order, Emperor.

[spoiler=Team Alpha]

These four Duelists make up the team led by Timothy. They are supposed to be the best of the Elite. They are defeated by a group of Order Duelists under the direct command of Emperor. It is at this time that Timothy is kidnapped by the Order.

[spoiler=Emperor's Four]

This team (consisting of CD, a Final Countdown/Time Manipulation Duelist, Brock, an Asmodian Beatdown Duelist, Spark, a Synthetic Angel Duelist, and their leader Zero, a Subzero Heroes Duelist) is Emperor's private strike force. Each member has its own reasons for becoming part of Emperor's team. They are masters of their different styles, and are each very powerful, but Zero is the most powerful by far. Of course none of them compare to Emperor.

[spoiler=Emperor]

Deck Type: Monarch's Reign

Favorite Card/Spirit Monster: Caius the Shadow Monarch

Description: Emperor is a mysterious cloaked figure that commands the Order, and more importantly, the Emperor's Four. He shows himself for the first time shortly after Marco joins Prof's team, leading the attack on Team Alpha. It isn't long after that that he and the Emperor's Four actually attack the Elite Headquarters, killing Gregory and banishing Charlie, Raphael and Marcus to the Shadow Realm. Rachel vows to defeat him, and Rocky, Prof and Marco vow to help.

the promo for the last two books/last series will be up tomorrow, and then i'll get back to posting chapters.

Looking forward to CD's Duels...

i had a feeling you would be.

anyway, here's how the next four books will be set up. DA and DE will run at the same time and will each be longer than the average book of DF. DA will be about thirty chapters, while DE will likely be shorter, around twenty to twenty-two. They will both be part of the same "era" in the lives of my characters, so i'm considering them one series. after both of them are finished, i will go on to the final series, Yu-Gi-Oh! DFR. It will consist of two books, each about as long as DE. The main characters in DFR are all new, and its only the story elements that relate back to DF. i'll post a promo for it soon.

Archived