IT IS a CHILDRENS CARD GAME

Discuss a time where you saw someone take this game way too far.

Just last week I went into the card shop for Hobey tournement and i was kinda mad because I am [besides the owners kid (10-12) and a girl(8-9){WHO IS THERE BECAUSE HER FATHER PLAYS}] the youngest there. I am 14. i tend to get a little mad when I see grown men buy 2 or more booster boxes and then win and tell a kid how there weak and they should get better cards. {which I have a hard time explaining that I don't have a job and my moms divorced so i don't get $200 a week to blow} anyway I run a custom exodia deck. I built it I took some advice and built it with what i had. I enjoy playing with it. I am the only one with a custom deck everyone else has a {meta deck} monarchs, CT OTK, ect. I like to win but i think its stupid to spend $1000+ a month on trading cards. Anyway i went in and some guy had just spent his paycheck and got a SeR Rainbow Dragon. I asked would you trade it. He said no but I will sell it for $35. I said I'll wait till it comes out in a tin. he said it doesn't come out in a tin stupid. I said yes it does look it up. I walked to the back room. Where the lower ranks play.{another thing that irritates me is the fact if you are a prick you sit in different area and can make demands to other people.} So he and his buddy comes back and gives me a lecture. which i ignore. Well because of that i became a target. Everyone wanted to beat me. 1st round ME VS owners kid. I won. 2nd round me VS the lecture Prick. When he found out he got all excited. he told everyone how exactly he was going to beat me. game 1. he won. then he stared saying how I was easy. game 2 i played hard and maneged to get 4 peices in my hand

. I had 400 LPs left he had 4000+? LP i drew sangan and set it. his turn he draws attacks sangan blows up. pull final part i win. He gets mad and continues to tell me how i won a cheap win and how exodia is gay. Now i was mad . don't insult mt deck not a smart move. so i said yeah says the man who lost. so he yells and starts going through his side deck. while lecturing me on something. finally he shuffles we begin to cut. and he says now i'm going to crush you. i smirk he stands up starts cussing and then picks up my deck and throws it at me. gathers his stuff and leaves.

And i went on and to go to finals and lost to a girl who i for the life of me can't beat.

any stories like that people?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]What a d*c*h*e*d.

I, luckily, haven't encountered people like that but I do know of men who are full of themselves and like to boast that they have more expensive cards etc. than others, but, as you say, teenagers can't afford to pay for tons of cards.[/align]

Sure.They think that they are smarter just because they are older.I mean,come on,I won't spent 200$ just to get some stupid rares.But when Cyber Dragon tin came,I spent 40$ to get one.And nothing more I needed.They have that "Need for Spend" instinct.Who knows what life they live...And the worst is that they are bothering you because you don't have some 100 $ worth cards...I mean f**k the 100$ worth card if you will not gonna sell it,and it's not playable(It's just collectible)...

wow. i would have died laughing if i was the person next to u XD. i have a story too. this happend 5-7 weeks ago. some guy who has always been in the top 8 had to play me it was my first time in the top 8. i got lucky what can i say. it was round 2 (he won the first one). anyways turn 1 he sets gravekeeper spy and mirror force pretty good mover right! right lol. well my turn comes around and i use noble man of crossout on him and MST. so he goes oh u lucky @$$ hole and i say well its about to get 100% worse. so i play my card destrution so i discard the sillva, goldd and broww. and he start gritting his teeth sence he discard like 2 rizias. well i drew my 3 and play dealings and discard another sillva then summon brron for otk (2300+2300+2300+1800= 8700). he gets up and starts yelling how can a dark world deck otk him and storms off out the door. @.@ everyone just looks at me and laughes and i move on to the next round, but i loose against another monarch deck so yeah.

The guy who threw the cards was immature, but I don't think it's all that bad to spend 1k on Yugioh cards. I mean if you have the money to spare, and you're fully aware that it's only a game, then I don't have a problem with people like that.

The guy who threw the cards was immature' date=' but I don't think it's all that bad to spend 1k on Yugioh cards. I mean if you have the money to spare, and you're fully aware that it's only a game, then I don't have a problem with people like that.

[/quote']

Thats it he doesn't i think he lives with his mom. at 22+

and the whole you should spend your money thing too.

Guest Saboooom

i went to hobby shop tournaments a few years ago (when i had really cr*ppy cards) and i always lost to 25 year old nerds. It really made me mad. But now that ive collected for a couple years, i plan to get back into it.

I saw a guy at a tounament assault a judge because the card rulings by the judge didn't agree with his interpretation of the rules. More importantly, it's not as if the guy was all that talented either; at the time he was losing the game (in terms of Life Points) and he thought that this brilliant strategy would win it for him until the judge ruling deflated his plans. Also, after assaulting the judge, he stole the Deck of his (female) opponent and attempted the burn the Deck in anger for her dominating the match. You might be happy to know that I stopped him before he could follow through with this.

BTW: I can't remember the guy's name or what tournament this happened at.

My local card shop also has weekly tournaments, like 1 or 2 a week. Whenever I'm there, I only see, like, teens there. 20, 21, maybe 22 year-old, sitting in the back tables, playing, trading. No arguments. At least, whenever I've been there, anyway.

Really sad, I just have to say it. Really sad. He thinks he's the best? Only people who know how to play, those who are RESPECTFUL!, those who know when and where certain cards will come, and those who don't act like total doushbags, will actually succeed and prosper in the game of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Plus, who mocks Exodia? I mean, COME ON! Mumble, ignore it, or totaly beat it to a bloody pulp, but mocking it and making fun of it, or ANY cards for that matter, that can beat most, if not all, decks of people who are cocky *daylights*, is just plain. WRONG! AND STUPID! REALLY, REALLY STUPID! AND IMMATURE!

I hope this speach has gotten some sense into those who play in the "big leagues", if you will.

Thank you. I will be answering questions in the main lobby. I will be here all week. 9 to 9.

Wicket :D

I heard this on pojo.

This guy was trading with a little kid and asked the kid if he would trade his raiza. The kid says sure, the guy sees that hes building a fire deck and suggests that he trades him Raiza for his thestalos, because it would help his deck.

Now, the guy who wrote this overhears the kid accepting, and tells the kid, hold on, dude, that raiza is worth more than 3 thestalos.

The guy who was gonna rip off the kid punched him (not the kid) in the stomach and ran off.

He took it too far, but the guy got what he deserved.

huh? who got what who deserved? i don't get.

That guy should have ripped off the kid' date=' it was such a good deal, but that other guy went and stopped him... It was definently over the top, but it was deserved none the less.

He's saying the guy shouldn't have saved the little kid.

Save? lol, he should not have cared enough to get into someone elses business.

Archived