...No seriously, Light vs. Lelouch

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen...

• Light Yagami
    • Lelouch Lamperouge

When I saw this thread I really thought it was a good idea; but since it's locked...

Light Yagami and Lelouch Lamperouge are two remarkably similar characters, in that they are both

:arrow: Very intelligent

:arrow: Highly manipulative

:arrow: Play the hero, but are both anti-heroes at best (depends on who you ask)

:arrow: Feature unusual abilities

:arrow: Have hordes of adoring fangirls

To watch these two morally ambiguous geniuses go head-to-head in a battle of minds would be truly epic. This is quite unlikely to happen, since their respective universes are so different...

But that's what fan-fiction is for, isn't it? :P

In order to set the stage for such an event, we must first develop a setting and the rules of the game. Note that "winning" the game does not necessarily consist of killing off the opponent; for example, in Death Note, when L gave away his identity Light could have killed him at any time, but he would have been caught, thus losing the game.

So we also need some "win conditions" that don't necessarily involve death. Any suggestions?

:arrow: Play the hero' date=' but are both anti-heroes at best (depends on who you ask)

[/quote']

You completely missed the point of Lelouch. He deliberately plays the villain. Okay, sure, he starts out with the whole "heroes of justice" thing, but he acknowledges that that is just a sham, and by the start of the second season openly announces that he is evil.

Not to mention that, since L himself had some morally questionable actions, Light was really a Villain Protagonist playing the part of an anti-hero.

Light's only ability is that he can manipulate people who love him or follow him.

Last time I checked, he also has the ability to control and later kill people simply by writing their name in a notebook while picturing their face. >_>

Note, I did say it depends on who you ask. I know a girl who's thoroughly convinced Light was really a good guy, but cracked under pressure from L, Near and the Task Force, causing him to resort to desperate measures. I personally think Light had a god complex from the first episode, is thoroughly evil, and L's not too far behind him. If there is any truly heroic character in Death Note, in my opinion, it's Light's dad.

And Lelouch is just as much of a Manipulative Bastard, but he doesn't have to keep up the hero facade indefinitely because he has Geass and Knightmare Frames, which offer a bit more immediate protection than a notebook. He can write the name down quickly enough, but that won't stop a bullet.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a morality debate.

Lol wut.

Lelouch: "I' date=' Lelouch vi Britannia, command you to-"

Light: *Is writing in his Death Note "...Bri...tan...nia. There we go."

Lelouch: *Points gun to head* "Damn you Kira!" *BANG*

Light wins.

[/quote']

Shouldn't people talk faster than they write?

I voted Lelouch, but I now just realized that Lelouch is more easily sucseptible to the Death Note than Kira is sucseptible to Lelouch's Geass.

It all depends on the distance between the two characters.

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

I voted Lelouch, but I now just realized that Lelouch is more easily sucseptible to the Death Note than Kira is sucseptible to Lelouch's Geass.

Were talking about Lelouch, who adores dramatic use of his Geass, and Light, who managed to kill hundreds of criminals within a few months.

Right. Again' date=' we'd have to determine the circumstances. If Light was trying to off Zero, but didn't know his name, or thought his last name was really Lamperouge, the Death Note wouldn't work.

[/quote']

Maybe, but Light would eventually find out his real name, but then be Geassed shortly after realizing Lamperouge is a pseudonym.

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

Were talking about Lelouch, who adores dramatic use of his Geass, and Light, who managed to kill hundreds of criminals within a few months.

You've all forgotten the 40-second rule. Lelouch may enjoy being fabulous dramatic, but it doesn't take him more than forty seconds to say "LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA COMMANDS YOU - ALL OF YOU, DIE!"

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

You've all forgotten the 40-second rule. Lelouch may enjoy being fabulous dramatic, but it doesn't take him more than forty seconds to say "LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA COMMANDS YOU - ALL OF YOU, DIE!"

Oh yeah. Even Light couldn't be able to write down "Lelouch vi Britannia will remain silent until he finds a gun. He will fire all rounds into his skull point blank." or anything among those lines that quickly unless he had written everything after "Lelouch vi Britannia" beforehand.

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

Oh yeah. Even Light couldn't be able to write down "Lelouch vi Britannia will remain silent until he finds a gun. He will fire all rounds into his skull point blank." or anything among those lines that quickly unless he had written everything after "Lelouch vi Britannia" beforehand.

Even in that case, it simply would not be able to take effect until another 400 seconds had passed.

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

Even in that case, it simply would not be able to take effect until another 400 seconds had passed.

Would it be possible for both of them to die in this situation though?

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

That would probably be the result. The Geass makes Light kill himself, and then the Death Note soon activates and kills Lelouch.

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

That would probably be the result. The Geass makes Light kill himself, and then the Death Note soon activates and kills Lelouch.

Unless Lelouch says "You will write your name in place of mine."

Lol wut.

Light wins.

[/quote']

Unless Lelouch says "You will write your name in place of mine."

No matter what Lelouch says, he wins if and only if he finishes speaking before Light finishes writing. Unless he says something stupid like YOU WILL THINK I AM MISAMISA WHEN I TOUCH MY NECK WITH TWO OF MY FINGERS. >_>

I lulz'd.

Yes' date=' it would be very possible that they'd kill each other off...so who wins?

[/quote']

Depending on the circumstances of the mutual death, Lelouch does.

Lord Orange wishes to object to the previous statement.

Why would he object to something that supports The 99th Emperor? He has far too much LOYALTY to do that, even if he does have the Ridiculously Underused Canceler Thingie.

Archived