seto kaiba vs mai valentine

~Emo~

technically Joey had sustained too much injury during his duel with Valon, but wanted to save her. Besides, if you paid attention to all of Joey's duels during that season, the only duel in which the Claw of Hermos lasted more than 1 turn on the field was during the first duel with Mai.

His duel with Rex only happened as the finishing move, against Valon he did use it twice, but Valon destroyed it right away after the first time and it was the duel ender during the 2nd time.

Against Mai right after it was the same, in which Mai destroyed it.

On the other hand, there was no way to remove the seal from the field without ending the duel (at least not as of yet), which meant Mai had a constant advantage (to which she nearly lost anyway)

Rag based on your theory Hell Kaiser cheated when facing Judai in 146 (Judai could have been classed as 'mentally' hurt) and Ushio cheated when facing JACK in 29 (JACK had atleast a sprained arm, and couldn't draw his own cards.) Mai just took advantage of a situation the presented itself, with Joey hurt it felt the perfect time to go after him.

Seto would win anywayz.

Guest setojim

ok guys; we all have to admit that mai didnt cheat in her duel against joey in Season 4. She won either way, even if joey didnt collapse. However, the only way she could've beat kaiba is with the Seal of Orichalcos in her deck, which btw she lost after Dartz was defeated (that's just a prediction)

mai loses

I wonder if Kaiba would actually try toying with her first

Probably. Something like summoning 'Sangi the Dark Clown' in Attack Position and making all those condescending comments - right before swarming her with Blue-Eyes...

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually LET Mai get some kind of advantage before utterly destroying what little chance she had in the first place.

the problem with Kaiba's deck is that he does not have as many cards to destroy spell/traps upon activation (save maybe his Wingbeat of Giant Dragon card), whereas Mai's deck is full of those.

Thus the only REAL danger Kaiba has to face is that Harpy Lady Phoenix Formation spell card, which probably won't end up depleting all his LP anyway, but it's still a devastating blow nonetheless if it hit.

Other than that it should be a cake walk for him

the problem with Kaiba's deck is that he does not have as many cards to destroy spell/traps upon activation (save maybe his Wingbeat of Giant Dragon card)' date=' whereas Mai's deck is full of those.

Thus the only REAL danger Kaiba has to face is that Harpy Lady Phoenix Formation spell card, which probably won't end up depleting all his LP anyway, but it's still a devastating blow nonetheless if it hit.

Other than that it should be a cake walk for him

[/quote']

"Mirror Wall" would also be a problem for Kaiba. "Crush Card Virus" won't affect Mai much at all since her Harpiies only have 1300 ATK.

you forget about the Cyber Harpie Ladies at 1800 atk, Harpie's Pet Dragon at 2000 atk, and her Amazonness monsters which has 1500 atk or more (save maybe Amazonness Blowpiper, which has 800 atk). Besides even if we go by the anime effect and Mirror Wall does not require you pay 2000 LP to keep it on the field, that's only going to be a set back for Kaiba for 1 turn.

you forget about the Cyber Harpie Ladies at 1800 atk' date=' Harpie's Pet Dragon at 2000 atk, and her Amazonness monsters which has 1500 atk or more (save maybe Amazonness Blowpiper, which has 800 atk). Besides even if we go by the anime effect and Mirror Wall does not require you pay 2000 LP to keep it on the field, that's only going to be a set back for Kaiba for 1 turn.

[/quote']

You said it yourself that Kaiba does not have a whole lot of S/T removal cards. "Mirror Wall" will prove to be a hinderance for Kaiba for longer than 1 turn.

I wasn't counting her Amazoness monsters since I know they WILL be affected by "Crush Card Virus"

Need I remind you he has been using his XYZ Dragon Cannon quite often since its debut in BC against Yugi?

Against Mai' date=' he'll just have one extra task: keep that monster of his on the field. Its special ability will take care of the rest of her deck.

[/quote']

You got me on that one; one of his beatdown swarm strategies that he used to get rid of Pegasus' "Toon World" in the movie.

Mai may have a lot of S/T removal, but not a whole lot of monster removal... (From what I've seen. I haven't seen much of the original past BC)

Archived