Card Contests these days...

Monkey

Is it just me but lately have any card makers who have entered contests been ripped off on the judging?

I mean so many contest lately are held by lower level members who judge on how cool the image is or who they think is the "coolest" card and completely ignore OCG and other details.

I've been ripped off like at least 3 times, and I'm curious if there should be more restrictions on who can hold card contests...

Prime Example

^Notice who entered the contest as well^

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me but lately have any card makers who have entered contests been ripped off on the judging?

I mean so many contest lately are held by lower level members who judge on how cool the image is or who they think is the "coolest" card and completely ignore OCG and other details.

I've been ripped off like at least 3 times' date=' and I'm curious if there should be more restrictions on who can hold card contests...

[/quote']

Many noobs are too bad at the actual game to be able to distinguish a good card from a bad card. Think about it. Speaking of images, there are many terrible cards that actually exist with awesome looking art.

To possibly solve this, a rule like this could be introduced:

There should be more than 1 Judge to judge contests. That way, there is less partiality.

But the judging methods are what I have an issue about... I mean look at the example I posted...

It's a contest section, hosts can make the contest anything they want it to be, as long as its about cards.

Its your job to pick the ones you want to enter, its your job to ask questions, before entering.

But the judging methods are what I have an issue about... I mean look at the example I posted...

It's a contest section' date=' hosts can make the contest anything they want it to be, as long as its about cards.

Its your job to pick the ones you want to enter, its your job to ask questions, before entering.

[/quote']

Ok, you have made a point. But still, for example, it was judged on picture quality and grammar (such as spelling and capitalization). The winner didn't even do that correctly.

Your example says he is looking for a card that he deems his favorite out of the bunch. That is an automatic sign...

Read further down the thread, I asked him his judging methods

Wouldn't the Card Contest forum section eventually be filled with spam? I mean first it will be these generations of contests. Then it will turn into spam threads because members will feel the freedom post their threads.

Not if im here, joke card contests have already been expunged.

Wouldn't the Card Contest forum section eventually be filled with spam? I mean first it will be these generations of contests. Then it will turn into spam threads because members will feel the freedom post their threads.

Not if im here' date=' joke card contests have already been expunged.

[/quote']

Well that takes care of joke cards, but these poorly judged contests can lead to rep abuse and may stir anger in other card makers

Guest JoshIcy

I myself never rate OCG. Unless it's so bad a master at gibberish couldn't figure it out.

As long as the knowledge of the English Language is there, and effect intent is carried out. I couldn't care less at all. So I cannot defend on that stage.

Pictures generally have but a single requirement. That it matches the Name and Effect. Anything extra is just, meh and up to the creator. Another area I cannot defend.

As for personal choice? I do not believe reps should be able to be given out in such contests (as the one mentioned), but instead alternate means of prize. To create a more reason to have reps.

I myself never rate OCG. Unless it's so bad a master at gibberish couldn't figure it out.

As long as the knowledge of the English Language is there' date=' and effect intent is carried out. I couldn't care less at all. So I cannot defend on that stage.

Pictures generally have but a single requirement. That it matches the Name and Effect. Anything extra is just, meh and up to the creator. Another area I cannot defend.

As for personal choice? I do not believe reps should be able to be given out in such contests (as the one mentioned), but instead alternate means of prize. To create a more reason to have reps.

[/quote']

All your reasons are legitimate, but when you state what you are grading by and you still do not follow your rubric, doesn't that call for some sort of injustice?

2010:

I=like=cards: Here's my latest card plz rate!

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster on the field.

Mr. Card-Rataar: Wow, there are no OCG or Grammar errors, 10/10!

And it goes on a winning streak in card contests.....

Archived