Card Contests these days...

Monkey

2010:

I=like=cards: Here's my latest card plz rate!

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster on the field.

Mr. Card-Rataar: Wow' date=' there are no OCG or Grammar errors, 10/10!

And it goes on a winning streak in card contests.....

[/quote']

The most laughable thing about that is the fact that that card DOES have an OCG error. xD But yeah, judges need to not suck.

IceMasterAlex: That's the equivalent of saying "If ya don't like it, don't eat candy, it' that simple" in response to someone complaining about sick weirdos putting human body parts in Halloween Candy. If something good has a flaw, it shouldn't be abandoned, the flaw should be fixed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

I myself never rate OCG. Unless it's so bad a master at gibberish couldn't figure it out.

As long as the knowledge of the English Language is there' date=' and effect intent is carried out. I couldn't care less at all. So I cannot defend on that stage.

Pictures generally have but a single requirement. That it matches the Name and Effect. Anything extra is just, meh and up to the creator. Another area I cannot defend.

As for personal choice? [b']I do not believe reps should be able to be given out in such contests (as the one mentioned), but instead alternate means of prize.[/b] To create a more reason to have reps.

All your reasons are legitimate, but when you state what you are grading by and you still do not follow your rubric, doesn't that call for some sort of injustice?

Bolded what answers your question.

IceMasterAlex: That's the equivalent of saying "If ya don't like it' date=' don't eat candy, it' that simple" in response to someone complaining about sick weirdos putting human body parts in Halloween Candy. If something good has a flaw, it shouldn't be abandoned, the flaw should be fixed.

[/quote']

Yep 'cause getting repz on the interwebz is good. Rep means absolutely nothing. The only thing that contests do is give people reputation for something stupid, like making the best children's trading cards. Plus there's nothing we can do anyway, n00bs will always do this sort of thing and there's no way to stop it.

I think that you should have to have a rubric. That way people can see what they did wrong and why you picked the card instead of just picking the one you like best. I'm not the best decision maker and people have been dissatisfied with my contests sometimes, but I always take the time to look at the OCG and check for errors and to record everything and be neutral, which is why it takes so long for my contests to resolve. In the end you have to be a little partial just on things like originality between the really good members with perfect OCG, but it seems like in the example contest there were so many better cards and the only thing he said was something like they were the cards he liked best. I think that saying things like "the cards I like best" or "the coolest" should be treated as a warning sign to not enter, and I think its good when the judge posts a rubric for everyone.

I felt cheated from time to time. That's why I joined a Contest which was ongoing. Purely based on 1 on 1's. The people who used to Rate me actually gave a full and Honest Review and I won more then I lost. The Bottom line is. Try to enter contests with Members you know well from the Custom Cads scene.

*lawyer comes up to primal release*Sir' date='with that speech,you just might be the president off the united states[/font']

As the President of the United States, I declare that all contests held in the Card Contest Section must be judges fairly and properly.

New Rule: Only 4 star members and above can make contests.

Maybe it needs a password or something?

Hmm... Right' date=' that would be a good new rule... Or they somehow have to prove that they rate properly...

[/quote']

EXACTLY!! Well maybe lower level members can judge IF they prove themselves

New Rule: Only 4 star members and above can make contests.

Maybe it needs a password or something?

Hmm... Right' date=' that would be a good new rule... Or they somehow have to prove that they rate properly...

[/quote']

EXACTLY!! Well maybe lower level members can judge IF they prove themselves

Exactly *takes hat and badge from Primal Release and puts on Pikachu* You are the new president.

Archived