Card Contests these days...

Monkey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

Meh' date=' it seems there is nothing we can do about it....

[/quote']

You can.

When you see these contests, ignore them.

When they take a bad turn, drop out.

When you are given such reps, asked for them to be removed.

When you see members with these kinds of reps, ignore them.

Actually, I'm on another site for this, and these on that forum aren't large card contests, but I like their system.

They do it this way

1. People make contests

2. People participate in said contest.

3. A fair judge decided by admin/other members judges the match.

4. Prizes are distributed by the creator of the contest.

Maybe have 7-15 judges that are 5 star and up, that can be trusted.

It requires a little more waiting than usual, but it's fair-er

Guest JoshIcy

Firstly, I want to say this.

Lol @ all the people who throw around the word 'n00b' like it means Newbie. It does not.

n00bs are not the village idiots etc, they are the worst of the worst. STOP throwing it around as such.

Contests should only be held by people who know how to play the game.

Also. This comment.

Some of us (like myself and Browarod [my only immediate example other than myself]) make cards NOT for the balance. But for the creativity on what we can do with an effect, similar to story or poem writing but with another medium. And only using obvious Unbalance and Balance scales on a Traditional Level, (though at times I will rate on a Meta Level). The fact remains is that NOT ALL OF US make cards for the sake of the real TCG, so our scales are show to that effect.

Sometimes we will disregard balance and judge creativity only, or any mix of other things involved in a card. (Though I do not believe that OCG should matter).

Basic Knowledge of the TCG is a must (for rulings on effects). But anything more is just extra...

Does it really matter all that much? What are you receiving? A boost in that little green number next to your name? That thing does absolutely nothing. I join contests because I enjoy the restrictions they put on my card making...I find that my best cards come from when I have restrictions placed on what I can make (ie, must have ATK between XXXX and XXXX, or has to be this type, or have 'so and so' in it's effect...).

I do get sick of all the dragon contests out there...but it's easy enough to ignore them. Just join contests hosted by 3/4+ star members.

Well' date='actually just dont join the contest and PM a mod or something[/font']

That doesn't do anything unless they are actually in violation of rules. The 1 star who has a dragon contest with atrocious grammar, and is offer 3 points as the prize, is still technically following the rules.

Well I say its the people who enter. If you see low member hosting a contest' date=' then you have two choices, either enter or don't.

If you do enter, then the blame lies on you, and you alone.

[/quote']

Dude, they're giving Ridicolous Amounts of Reps to their friends, just because they're their friends. They probably Pm'ed the Guy, and said,

"he y bestyest fruiend! enter mayh contest and win 3 repssc! even if the otthers seems better, i'll still givvem to you since youree my budy."

Not even Demented got a Place in the Contest. He ALWAYS gets a place. And he's awesome at card making.

Others deserved a place too, but it looks like Level 2 / 3 Members strike again.

Maybe we should have Official Judges for Contests, you know, Permanent ones. But the thing is, we would have something like 50, and 5 go into the contest. This would prevent always having to judge a contest.

Does it really matter all that much? What are you receiving? A boost in that little green number next to your name? That thing does absolutely nothing. I join contests because I enjoy the restrictions they put on my card making...I find that my best cards come from when I have restrictions placed on what I can make (ie' date=' must have ATK between XXXX and XXXX, or has to be this type, or have 'so and so' in it's effect...).

I do get sick of all the dragon contests out there...but it's easy enough to ignore them. Just join contests hosted by 3/4+ star members.

[/quote']

Negged.

Also, to all those people saying 'only let smartie pant's post'

How do you tell idiots from non idiots?

Stars mean nothing

reps are scams.

Does it really matter all that much? What are you receiving? A boost in that little green number next to your name? That thing does absolutely nothing. I join contests because I enjoy the restrictions they put on my card making...I find that my best cards come from when I have restrictions placed on what I can make (ie' date=' must have ATK between XXXX and XXXX, or has to be this type, or have 'so and so' in it's effect...).

[/quote']

Negged.

Also, to all those people saying 'only let smartie pant's post'

How do you tell idiots from non idiots?

Stars mean nothing

reps are scams.

Well, if you use correct spelling and grammar, I don't think you can be that much of an idiot. I mean it they sound educated, how dumb can they be?

Archived