Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary - Discussion - (and more!!!!!)

Brionac%2CDragonoftheIceBoundaryDT01-JP-DUPR-DT.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more Non Tuner monsters

Discard any number of cards from your hand to return from the field to the owner's hand the same number of cards you discarded.

Discuss how broken this card is.

While we're at it let's talk about synchros and wich one of them should be banned.

hint : dark dive bomber

Please bring some argument to back up your statement because "X card should be banned" is really boring.

This card is overpowered' date='but it hasn't come out in the US yet.

[/quote']

Rook.

Don't be a dick just because you have 6 stars. Big whoop, I bet I could beat you at this game if given a top tier deck.

A chimpanzee could beat most people at this game if given a top-tier deck.

Also, I love how you instinctively assume that stars represent authority, intelligence, rookieness, and so on, and that everyone's actions are driven purely by star count.

[/quote']

Rook.

Don't be a dick just because you have 6 stars. Big whoop, I bet I could beat you at this game if given a top tier deck.

Also, I love how you instinctively assume that stars represent authority, intelligence, rookieness, and so on, and that everyone's actions are driven purely by star count.

I'm sorry, but it seems that having 6 stars has given you an overinflated ego. And a chimpanzee couldn't beat anyone at the game even if it was given a top tier deck because IT DOESN'T KNOW THE RULES. And what do instincts have to do with assumption anyway?

[/quote']

Rook.

I'm sorry, but it seems that having 6 stars has given you an overinflated ego.

It's like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall here.

Listen: You are the only person here who cares about stars at all. Stop acting like it's the driving force behind everything that everyone does; it just makes you look even stupider.

And a chimpanzee couldn't beat anyone at the game even if it was given a top tier deck because IT DOESN'T KNOW THE RULES.

*facepalm*

And what do instincts have to do with assumption anyway?

I figure that most actions can be attributed to either thoughts or instincts, and I have seen no evidence that you have thoughts.

[/quote']

Rook.

I'm sorry, but it seems that having 6 stars has given you an overinflated ego.

It's like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall here.

Listen: You are the only person here who cares about stars at all. Stop acting like it's the driving force behind everything that everyone does; it just makes you look even stupider.

And a chimpanzee couldn't beat anyone at the game even if it was given a top tier deck because IT DOESN'T KNOW THE RULES.

*facepalm*

And what do instincts have to do with assumption anyway?

I figure that most actions can be attributed to either thoughts or instincts' date=' and I have seen no evidence that you have thoughts.

[/quote']

this. Hooray for Crab Helmet.

Also, about the card, not super broken. It can be a nuisance. And help with some decks. But not super broken.

Man that Sweet Leaf Guy got banned fast, even I'm not stupid enough to challenge Crab...yet(foreshadowing), anyway premature was banned not brionic thus bremature was the problem like Azuh said. As for what synchro should be banned...none

Stardust-Shrink, DAD(2800ATK), Judgment Dragon(3000ATK), many more...yet obsure

Thought Ruler-same as Stardust

Goyo-regular monster destruction like mirror destruction...or DAD

Any synchros I'm forgetting?

Man that Sweet Leaf Guy got banned fast' date=' even I'm not stupid enough to challenge Crab...yet(foreshadowing), anyway premature was banned not brionic thus bremature was the problem like Azuh said.

[/quote']

It's the other way round. Premature was the problem, thus Premature was banned but not Brionac.

Sweet Leaf is not banned for challenging Crab, check out the 4th page at the malicious discussion thread. Challenging Crab should not be a bannable offense in my opinion, as long as you're being logical and support your agruments properly.

Man that Sweet Leaf Guy got banned fast' date=' even I'm not stupid enough to challenge Crab...

[/quote']

He was banned for being an alternate account of an already-banned user, not for disagreeing with me. Come on, how petty do you think I am?

yet(foreshadowing)' date='

[/quote']

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH

anyway premature was banned not brionic thus bremature was the problem like Azuh said.

That does not prove that Premature was the problem. That only proves that Konami believed that Premature was the problem. Or' date=' to be even more accurate, it proves that Konami believed that banning Premature would maximize its own profits.

As for what synchro should be banned...none

Stardust-Shrink, DAD(2800ATK), Judgment Dragon(3000ATK), many more...yet obsure

First of all, counterability does not imply balance.

Secondarily, being counterable by a card that should be banned anyhow most certainly does not imply balance.

Sixth and lastly, Thought Ruler laughs at Shrink.

Challenging Crab should not be a bannable offense in my opinion' date=' as long as you're being logical and support your agruments properly.

[/quote']

Precisely. To make that a bannable offense would be ridiculous; it would be ipse dixit made law.

Regrettably, it's also not a bannable offense if you're a gibbering idiot and making illogical, off-the-wall claims with no support whatsoever.

Like the chimp in GX right?

Yeah' date=' the one that used Berserk Gorilla

[/quote']

Yeah, except with less DNA Surgery and more Dark Armed Dragon.

As for what synchro should be banned...none

Stardust-Shrink' date=' DAD(2800ATK), Judgment Dragon(3000ATK), many more...yet obsure

[/quote']

First of all, counterability does not imply balance.

Secondarily, being counterable by a card that should be banned anyhow most certainly does not imply balance.

Sixth and lastly, Thought Ruler laughs at Shrink.

Eh I was only realy thinking of stardust and how it can be easily countered with shrink and I personaly think that cards should be banned/limited based on balance and counterability...oh and I feel stupid for over looking Thought Ruler versus shrink...

Its really not that broken.

But then' date=' its still a really good card

[/quote']

Pot of Greed is a really good card BTW

/0

I think this was meant to confuse us so that we can miss the flaws of this post

It was Premature Burial that was the problem

TCGers were shocked when premature burial got banned and not monster reborn

Because brionac can only uses it's effect on premature burial right?

And we've yet to know why brionac is really good but not that broken

this question is really stupid

43 to be exact or 15 if you only want to talk about the TCG synchros

Ok now, I really want you to think long and hard about this one :

that's what she said

How is a 2500 atk monster, that can be easily sp summoned, who can stop cards like heavy storm and mirror force, but is easily taken down by a shrink and a monster with at least 1250 atk (because we all know the atk won't be stopped by mirror force or dimensional prison and that it is impossible to use solemn judgement on shrink), isn't a banworthy card.

Today I was playing the traditional format and my opponent lost because I could negate his raigeki with this

And while you're at it, if you have some more spare time, ponder on colossal fighter who clearly laughs at shrink.

Ok now' date=' I really want you to think long and hard about this one :

that's what she said

How is a 2500 atk monster, that can be easily sp summoned, who can stop cards like heavy storm and mirror force, but is easily taken down by a shrink and a monster with at least 1250 atk (because we all know the atk won't be stopped by mirror force or dimensional prison and that it is impossible to use solemn judgement on shrink), isn't a banworthy card.

Today I was playing the traditional format and my opponent lost because I could negate his raigeki with this

And while you're at it, if you have some more spare time, ponder on colossal fighter who clearly laughs at shrink.

What are you on about?

Isnt this topic about Brioniac?

Or did we magically turn around and say "Oh hey! STARDUST DRAGON!"

Im confused >_>

ok well Goyo guardian, its brokeness is truely radiant, its a 2800 beatstick that also generates beatsticks, powerful effects and tributes, and when comboed with somthing along the lines of Burden of the Mighty, it can give you any monster that can be summoned by its effect, pretty much reguardless of its usual capabilities to destroy that monster in battle.

ok well Goyo guardian' date=' its brokeness is truely radiant, its a 2800 beatstick that also generates beatsticks, powerful effects and tributes, and when comboed with somthing along the lines of Burden of the Mighty, it can give you any monster that can be summoned by its effect, pretty much reguardless of its usual capabilities to destroy that monster in battle.

[/quote']

The balancing factor of Goyo Guardian is the fact the Special Summoned monster is summoned in Defense Position meaning, unless it is assisted by All-Out Attacks or Final Attack Orders (both of which are banned on a good list), there is nothing broken about Goyo Guardian whatsoever. The same could be said about Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon with Zombie World in place of All-Out Attacks or Final Attack Orders.

Yes but even if the monster is summoned in def position and might be taken down easily, nothing stops goyo after from stealing the monster you've used to destroy that def position monster.

Back to brionac, if you follow the ocg tournament scene a bit you'll find out that zombies are the meta over there. The reason is that discarding a card isn't always a bad thing specially for zombies. It lets them swarm with plague and mezuki while clearing the field.

The thing is brionac isn't just good in zombies. It's good for any deck that utilises synchro. You just have to put it in your extra deck to have access to his potential. He wreaks other synchros, serves as a good way to clear the field for a final attack.

Archived