Normally I would say Forbidden but then Burn Decks would Thrive. Tough call. I'd say keep it at 1.

This would definitely not help Burn decks if it was removed. If it did, it wouldn't push them past Tele-DAD through some miracle.

It's Dark Hole for spell and traps. It discourages your opponent from playing well as, like Gorz, they can't be certain when they'll be hit. They already made a fair version of this card, it's called Giant Trunade. Ban.

I know I might sound noobish' date=' but why did they ban Dark Hole and not ban Heavy Storm? I mean, they do the same thing, except one kills all monsters, and the other one kills all Spells and Traps.

[/quote']

Back then, monster removal was more common then spell removal so oftentimes you wouldn't get the negative effect of Dark Hole, while you would Storm. Also, Hole destroys the core group, monsters.

However, the way the game has progressed makes this totally banworthy. It stops players from playing good. Non-chainables are scared to come out because of jerks like this.

I know I might sound noobish' date=' but why did they ban Dark Hole and not ban Heavy Storm? I mean, they do the same thing, except one kills all monsters, and the other one kills all Spells and Traps.

[/quote']

Back then, monster removal was more common then spell removal so oftentimes you wouldn't get the negative effect of Dark Hole, while you would Storm. Also, Hole destroys the core group, monsters.

However, the way the game has progressed makes this totally banworthy. It stops players from playing good. Non-chainables are scared to come out because of jerks like this.

And because of jerks like this Force and Bottomless can't be in most competitive decks(now they're only good enough to be sided:().

I remember a topic like this but on the other end' date=' i got flamed because i though Heavy Storm was ban worthy. When did people change their minds, was it before I got good at the game, or am i so bad i bring average players down with me.

[/quote']People changed their minds because of the current meta. And don't worry, you're a good player;).

This needs to be kept' date=' otherwise everyone can just set everything in their hand without worry which is bad playing.

[/quote']

That's how Magic and Traps were supposed to be in the first place. It's not bad, it's preparing. You're still vulnerable to other cards if this is taken out, just not an overpowered one.

You can use that logic as to why Monster Reborn shouldn't be banned.

No' date=' it means those decktypes aren't conservative enough.

[/quote']

These decks aren't made to be Conservative, they are made to counter. Hint the 3 Solems and 3 bribes commonly found in all those decks besides maybe the Morphing Jar.

If they solemn/bribe the storm then they're defending their overextension. Good for them, good game all around.

What is there to discuss? Limited is good enough. Spell/Trap destruction without a cost. Easily abused if allowed even 2. Yet not exactly powerful enough to become banned. Since the card is easily negated.

ITT: Counterability=Balance.

Does any body but me see a trend in the discussions lately?

What is there to discuss? Limited is good enough. Spell/Trap destruction without a cost. Easily abused if allowed even 2. Yet not exactly powerful enough to become banned. Since the card is easily negated.

ITT: Counterability=Balance.

Does any body but me see a trend in the discussions lately?

Yes, that you seem to think all counterability is the same level. If a card's own effect allows it to be stopped, then that is a way of balancing it(Spirit Reaper). If it doesn't, there is no counterability bonus.

Archived