LOCK~

Enma Ai

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what if you had a life for a year' date=' instead of being on YCM. Then your account was deleted?

Also, it was an example. But it could happen.

[/quote']

well all you have to do is apply the away status and dont say what if you forgot because as i said before if ycmaker inforces the rule then there is very very low chance of forgetting

Guest Fake Apology

They may want their accounts deleted right?They can always ask a mod/admin to ban them permanently so they can't have access to them at all.Besides that,someone could want to make a comeback after a long absence,why delete his account?

but i am not inactive and this is a perfectly good point because imagine someone comes onto the site and looks at the member list and sees that over 100,000 people are never online and then believes it is a useless site if people never come online....and how do you know that, that person could have been the next administrator/super moderator of thi site...

Guest Fake Apology

1. banned counts as away status

Wrong.If you're away,you can easily come back.When you're banned,you can't.

And if there's a program which has the ability to delete users,can you post its name please?

1. banned counts as away status

2. as i said before you can easily make a program to delete them..

eh, no, there are about 1000 accounts, and createmybb, and, for that matter, other forum hosters, probably cannot do this.

Give me ONE forum where this thing is made, and i'll delete this post and change my user title to "im an idiot"

I am waiting to see one reason why this policy would be even remotely beneficial. No, "I spend my life browsing the member list and it inexplicably bothers me!" is not a reason. If you cannot indicate how this would improve the site in any way within the next 24 hours, this topic will be locked.

1. it turns people away from the site like i previously stated

2.it takes up too mush user names

3. people are abusing the sits resources aka. the card maker

4.takes ages to look for a certain member (which is the real purpose of the member list)

if that is not enough i will be glad to post more reasons

1. it turns people away from the site like i previously stated

If people want to leave' date=' they'll leave with or without this stupid policy of yours. Indeed, people are less likely to return if they come back to find that their old account has been deleted.

2.it takes up too mush user names

If every single human being on this planet created a hundred accounts on this site, it would still use up less than one percent of the total available usernames.

3. people are abusing the sits resources aka. the card maker

It's not abuse in any way.

4.takes ages to look for a certain member (which is the real purpose of the member list)

Sorry to see that you somehow missed the extremely obvious "Search Member List" box at the bottom of the Member List page' date=' which also links to an Advanced Search feature:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/memberlist.php?action=search

if that is not enough i will be glad to post more reasons

It's not that these are "not enough"; it's that they are stupid. A single decent reason will suffice, but all of your reasons make no sense whatsoever.

how are members that don't post a lot considered "abusing" the site's resources?

and for reason #1,how does lots of members turn people away?

reason #4 is the most obvious explanation,even if we did delete all members that are 6 months inactive without away status,we will still have around 25,000 members so manually finding members don't improve anyways

crab helmet's post made perfect sense to me.

also,like i said,we aren't going to delete over 10,000 accounts just because it annoys 1-10 people.

EDIT:

In fact,inactive members don't bother us at all,i would rather delete all of the active spammers rather than the inactive members

Guest Fake Apology

Definitely,accounts mustn't be deleted for inactivity.That means that the person who deletes the account doesn't give a break to someone!This is not right.If members don't want to use their accounts,they just don't log in.Am i right?

Archived