Title Changed Once Again - Rap isn't Exactly the Best

Lazer Yoshi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of rap, but I do like a couple of songs by Kanye West, a song by Eminem, Ludacris, and a song by Fort Minor.

Getting rid of rap would be ridiculously stupid, regardless of whether or not you like it, because there are many people that do.

Really?

*looks at thread inex*

Oh I'm sorry...I was just checking to see if this was an actual thread...

Rap= Poetry

Destroying Rap= Destroying Poetry

Destroying Any part of poetry=I DESTROY YOU!

Yes I said it, almost all rap is a form of poetry. It may not have the same values, but it's still there

You know what you do if you don't want to listen to Rap/Hip Hop on the radio?

What?

YOU CHANGE THE FREAKING STATION!

There are still LOADS of stations that only play classic rock and hard rock and metal.

And just so you know, I hate Rap/Hip Hop except for a few songs...

i agree that rap sucks and all....but your not gonna get rid of it....

Apparently retards rhyming with music in the background makes music.

Dr. Seuss could of made a fortune if he just put some music in the background...who knew!

it gets annoying being one of the only headbangers in my school....but i don't really care.

either way...just cause you don't like something, doesn't mean it won't go away...except disco.

Music is music....let em rap.

some rap i can tolerate...to a point.but to much of it is all the same..shot some b****, did some weed.. Now why am i in jail...screwed some B****, shot that dude...

same thing gets annoying after a while.

lol.

Alright' date=' we should also destroy [b']Country and Gospel[/b].

No.

But I don't see why everyone hates Rap/Hip-Hop. I think, even though most songs are wierd and hardly to understand, it is pretty good.

It's better than Metal, IMO (I'm going to get flamed so much for this).

So, I disagree, just change the station to something else.

lol.

Alright' date=' we should also destroy [b']Country and Gospel[/b].

No.

But I don't see why everyone hates Rap/Hip-Hop. I think, even though most songs are wierd and hardly to understand, it is pretty good.

It's better than Metal, IMO (I'm going to get flamed so much for this).

So, I disagree, just change the station to something else.

What type of metal? Metal, unlike shitty rap, has more than 1 type.

I'm not saying rap is bad, but I'd like to hear a rap song that fetured a Guitar instead of a repeating bass line.

One that talks about important things, instead of just girls, cards and drugs.

One where the singer is understandable, instead of mumbling random sheet that comes to his mind.

^Oh wait, that's Rock.

Just having a kick-ass guitarist won't make a band hit if it doesn't know how to sing/do other sheet if their life depended on it.

Rap/RnB/Hip-Hop is about vocals only, the "repeating bass line" exists to help the lyrics. You have to appreciate someone's good voice and the lyrics to like it, shame a lot of new songs have no meaning.

Rap is not even real music the artist don't even play an instrument all it is people talking relay fast and in a somewhat rhythmic tone... down with Rap! lets make 50cents wealth what it rally is 50cents!

You misspelled 'really' 2 incorrect ways in the same sentence.

Also, lets talk about the good parts of rap, shall we?

Black people can do stuff white people can't, along with Basketball and other sports.

Rappers get paid a lot for saying rhymey words.

Every single rap video has at least 1 sexy girl in it.

lil'wayne is really short, and I can laugh at him.

Their music is easy to learn, then they get payed a lot for playing it 3000 times in 3000 different songs.

They can name themselves after candy.

I wanna be a rapper.

Back in my day' date=' we didn't have all of these rowdy black men shouting profanities into microphones, we just had rowdy white men shouting about how they were depressed or infatuated with some floozy down at the barn. [/i']

Fixed. Anyway, abolishing rap is stupid because people have different tastes, and not allowing certain people what satisfies their tastes is fascist.

Rap is not even real music the artist don't even play an instrument all it is people talking relay fast and in a somewhat rhythmic tone... down with Rap! lets make 50cents wealth what it rally is 50cents!

Your ignorance is disgusting. Get the hell out. Now.

You can't use basic English but dare try and destroy that which is my culture? I hope you get by a bus.

I vote stickey.

I vote too!

Sounds like a good idea. Except with out the crapping on them part.....that's kinda sick.

Agreed my Metal obsessed friend.

no way... what are you talking about...

maybe destroy the new bad bad stuff...

but do not touch the classic stuff...

how bout we destroy all metal

That is pure blasphemy. Metal was here first.

Metal is always first.

Anyways, my views. Go ahead, destroy rap, be my guest, it'll help the people at my school. At least half of them listen to rap.

The retards in my grade listen to it (And I wonder why they are retards), and the rest of the school that don't listen to Rap are about to hold a rebellion to Rap in my school, okay not really.

Bad enough we have people sagging their pants to who know's where because of their tastes of music.

Also, because the Metal/Rock/etc people's tastes in my school are different, they are supposedly considered "gay/bi/lesbian/etc", because of that.

We Metal heads don't do anything to the Rappists, and they just go and, what was those words called, oh yeah, "Hating on us on like dat."

It is annoying to hear that every single inch of my life.

However, I don't really aprrove of the destruction of Rap, just a giant change of it would do, add a Guitar or two in it, some Drums, maybe a good Bass, maybe some more Guiatarists, and Drumers, and Bassists again.

Archived