Pokemon Platinum

Zeroshot

As we all know, Pokemon Platinum, the 3rd version of the 4th generation games is coming out this year. The US release date is March 22nd.

I can say right now, I'm exited for it. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is Electivire's lame new sprite.

Besides that, Every pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex is getting a new sprite. There will also be more pokemon obtainable in this version, like Electivire can be obtained before you get the National Dex, along with Magmortar.

The Sinnoh dex will have a grand total of 210 pokemon. Giratina and Shaymin will also be getting new forms entirely. Rotom will be getting retarded looking forms, but forms non the less.

The clothing of the heroes will be changed, some gyms have been changed, there will be a Battle Frontier. Also, you will be able to re-battle the gym leaders after the Elite 4. Most cities have been changes (it is now snowy around Twinleaf time.)

Dialga and Palkia will both be in the game. The Legendary Birds will be Roaming Pokemon after the national dex is obtained. Pearl's pokemon now exceed Lv. 80, making them the strongest in game trainer pokemon ever (Excluding Ashes Pikachu when He was champion)

Any more info can be obtained here

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Platinum

Discuss this games upcoming awesomeness.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting Houndoom in the game = Win.

I'm glad Flint actually has a Fire Team rather than the mash he had before. Shame my parents are saying I'm not allowed to import from the US....so unlike for DP I won't have played before it hits the UK. All the more time to plan which Pokemon to breed on Diamond for Platinium.

Actually highest Pokemon in Platinium is your Rival's Starter at Lv 85 Max, surpassing Red's Lv 81 Pikachu back in G/S/C.

This game will be amazing!

Also, imagine Lucario was able to have the "Aura" ability from Brawl. That would be like:

Aura moves gain power as Lucario gets lower in health

or maybe

Boosts Aura moves in a pinch.

Either way that would be cool. Also, what about that LV1 Regigigas?

Well I cant wait until it comes out but I wonder why do you get regigigas at LV.1?

Maybe seeing as you need to deal with so many high-level legendaries, they think it would be quite a twist to introduce a weaker legendary to the game. (which will be harder to capture as they are literally very fragile)

i want this game on two reason 1 i lost my pokemon diamond so this is the replacement

2 i love that very thing is new and also i found out that

As of Pokémon Platinum, Magikarp is the lowest, and ironically, also the highest level non-glitch Pokémon available for capture at level 1 and 100, beating out even the level 80 Arceus for highest. It is only available in a pond in the Resort Area with a Super Rod in Platinum, where only Magikarp can be caught and range in level anywhere from level 1 to 100.

Well I cant wait until it comes out but I wonder why do you get regigigas at LV.1?

Because it's more awesome?

I think it gives you more opportunity to train it.

:)

The New Rotom Forms Suck Ballz

I'll take it you are talking about how they look?

They aren't the nicest pokemon to look at' date=' but they are very good pkemon.

Thank you for support. But didn't you see the question mark. I said something totally random. I actually am waiting for whatever reason. I can't think of one right now. . . because everything except rotom awesome. I don't know. Someone help out?

Rotom's new forms made him a much more useable pokemon and now he can be used in OU.

The best thing about Plat will be (for us competitie fokes) the new moves open to Pokemon. The best out of the new moves is probably Scizor's access to the move Bullet Punch. Really made it go up in popularity there.

The next best thing is the new Battle Frontier. Hell, I'd get Plat just so I could play in there.

The best thing about Plat will be (for us competitie fokes) the new moves open to Pokemon. The best out of the new moves is probably Scizor's access to the move Bullet Punch. Really made it go up in popularity there.

The next best thing is the new Battle Frontier. Hell' date=' I'd get Plat just so I could play in there.

[/quote']

Plus Scizor's new sprite is epic.

What I'm really looking forward to is getting Electivire early in the game.

Archived