• 8. Great
    • 9. Excellent
    • 10. Why aren't these printed?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not to offend you, but these cards seem scatterbrained. You seem to be forgetting that the most important "Nephthys" card is "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" herself, and that any deck with "Nephthys" Cards in it should be centered around getting the REAL "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" out, not using substitutes. With this plot in mind, I would be using "Hand of Nephthys" x3, "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" x2-3 "Foolish Burial" x2 "Dark Nephthys" x2, your "Soul of Nephthys" x1-2, "Heart of Nephthys" x3, "Flame of the Phoenix" x3, plus some other cards for getting cards like "Hand" and "Sacred Phoenix" into my hand and to the field as quickly as possible. The other half of my deck would be Zombies for field spamming and fodder for my "Dark Nephthys".

Overall, I'm trying to make two points here. Firstly, half of the cards you've put in here are a waste. They could make some nice filler cards (following the styles of cards like "Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude", or "Marshmallon Glasses"), but the way you advertise these makes it seem to me like you think they'd be somewhat useful in a deck. Trust me, they wouldn't be.

Secondly, I think it's important for you to realize that if these cards got out into the TCG, they would most definitely result in limitation and (potentially) banning. "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" and "Heart of the Phoenix" would become at the very least semi-limited, "Foolish Burial" would have yet another strike against it (possibly becoming limited in Advanced Format), "Flame of the Phoenix" would get hit hard -- it's worthy of limitation, no matter the perspective. Heck, "Hand of Nephthys" could even get restricted, seeing how it ties in so well with just about all of these cards. (Note: Not all of these would happen, maybe one or two; enough to quite any disturbance caused by wannabe duelists who go out and buy an easy strategy)

I voted "pretty bad" because I find these cards don't really revolve around a strategy that ties in with "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys", and because if they came out, they would only cause a disturbance and fade away with the new banlist. If you're making a set that can support half of a deck, try to refine the cards a little more. :mrgreen:

Archived