CPU gone or Post Count?

Jerry OldMaster

Who will win  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Dane
    • Jaden

They say, we coul elliminate the CPU Error by deleting many old threads...

BUT...

That will mean that all posts old members have made in that time will be gone!

So....

I want you to vote.

And maybe, we'll delete the CPU from our memories.

Also, please think, members who sighned up later then I did, or around the same time, won't have too much problems with those threads, but many old members will.

So, I would like mostly the old members to vote.

They say' date=' we coul elliminate the CPU Error by deleting many old threads...

BUT...

That will mean that all posts old members have made in that time will be gone!

So....

I want you to vote.

And maybe, we'll delete the CPU from our memories.

Also, please think, members who sighned up later then I did, or around the same time, won't have too much problems with those threads, but many old members will.

So, I would like mostly the old members to vote.

[/quote']

I am not as an old member as some of the others. But I don't want to drop my post count but I want to reduce the cpu errors that the forums get.

Well... this thread can remain as a hypothetically question, because;

To be honest' date=' deleting old threads won't help the CPU quota problem. I'm currently working on making the forum/card maker more efficient, by caching some of the pages generated so they don't have to be regenerated for each user. I'm also trying to upgrade our server to allow for more CPU execution time.

[/quote']

Moved to Polls.

Uzair: You could have pmed OldMaster with that.

OldMaster: Meh, if it will fix the problem, then yes, I am all for it. But, if it is as YCMaker says and that it will not help it, then this is useless. However, whether it will work or not, deleting old threads is the way to go. I know that my post count will probably not be whittled down but I don't care about my posts. I really don't place anything in posts, except when someone is below 100. Not just old threads but locked spam threads also need to be deleted. The only reason they are still there is because of post count. Oh well, this will probably never happen anyway, but it would be great if it did.

NP Sage: Videos probably don't effect the 'Suspended' problem, they probably only slow down the loading time of the page if you have a slow internet connection. Also, your sig could get you into trouble with Frunk, you should know how he reacts to swearing on these forums.

Flame Dragon: Deleting inactive members is a good idea BUT you never know if they will come back. Deleting banned accounts and double accounts would be good and deleting some other accounts like my two test accounts, which I tryed using when I had some problems with the site.

Quagmire_jr: I'd say someone already has.

Static: Archives? Hmmm, could work but not for me really. I think that the view-but-no-posting is a good idea and could easily be achieved by just locking the thread. Alot of other forums do this and I think that rules should be locked in the same way.

Also, what are all these immortal technique avatars? Is there some clan or group or something?

Archived