Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

Guys, I feel dirty! aparent on GTS Trade I offered up my Boldore 4 another coz when it get traded it evolves int gilrath or suffin like that, two days ago I offered and TODAY WHAT DID I GET? A boldore....and i tapped my screen in excitement to see it EVOLVE ONLY to be sent back to the GTS menu so i checked the surmany of sed boldore and WHAT DID I FIND?!

IT was carrying a everstone, A F***ING EVERSTONE(to stop the evolvution of a pkm holding it). I GOT SCUMMED WTF?!

Always check to see if it has a held item before you accept the trade, and check to see if they f***ed with the name.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when people call you out as a hacker and sh!t. It's called EV training and 31 IVs in every stat by breeding >_>

Also, Soulsilver? Heartgold is better because you can get a better team.

Meganium

Gyarados

Arcanine

Alakazam

Gengar

Jolteon

I bought Soulsilver because my bro already owns HeartGold and double games are redundant

And I like no tradevolution teams.

So is

Typhlosion

Lapras

Espeon

Heracross

Crobat

Ampharos

a bad team? I wanted to use mainly Gen 2 pokemon

[spoiler=My UU Team.]

First Look

533.png473.png251.png555.png142.png623.png

Movesets and Descriptions

533.png

Hur Durr (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite

Ability: Guts

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe

-Bulk Up

-Drain Punch

-Stone Edge

-Mach Punch

Gurdurr is usually my lead, about 90% of the time. With it holding Eviolite it gets pretty bulky allowing me to get a few bulk ups in, then start attacking.

473.png

Manny (Mamoswine) @ Choice Band

Ability: Snow Cloak

Evs: 156 HP/ 252 Atk/ 100 Spe

-EarthQuake

-Ice Shard

-SuperPower

-Avalanche

Mamo does a good job of covering Gurdurr's Flying weakness, while also keeping in check any of the few dragons, and taking care of ground types.

251.png

Serebii (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Natural Cure

Nature: Timid

Evs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe

-Psychic

-Leaf Storm

-Earth Power

-HP Fire

Celebi has pretty good base stats and can take a few hits. Takes care of Fighting types like Gurdurr, Machamp, or Meinshao. While eliminating any water, ground, or rock switch-ins.

555.png

Tarzan (Darmanitan) @ Life Orb

Ability: Sheer Force

Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

-EarthQuake

-U-turn

-Hammer Arm

-Flare Blitz

Works real well with my upcoming Golurk by getting rid of grass type switch ins. FlareBlitz for STAB and does great damage on anything at least neutral to it. Then I u-turn to golurk if a psychic switches in.

623.png

Soap (Golurk) @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Fist

Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def

-Focus Punch

-Earthquake

-Substitute

-Shadow Punch

Moveset is from one of the analysis threads here. Just Substitute, then Focus Punch for as long as I can. Use earthquake if im out of sub. Golurk is always a switch in on psychics.

142.png

Ptero (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Rock Head

Nature: Jolly

Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

-Earthquake

-Stealth Rock

-Ice Fang

-Taunt

A SR'er was really needed in this team, along with a poke with speed. I found that in Aerodactyl. Standard Smogon moveset.

Last look

533.png473.png251.png555.png623.png142.png

Notes:

*Changes will be made in RED

*Golurk may or may not be UU, but it is allowed in the PO Server.

*The Fire Rotom completely murders this.

But once you know how to do it, you can have the ultimate legit Pokemon, and no one can tell you otherwise

Lots of effort for a lot of reward.

Aero is UU now? Huh.

Yea, he was only just OU last gen

UU is a tier in pokemon for Pokemon that aren't over used but still get some play.

It's not. I know at least two are OU. The list one the first page is out dated (I keep wanting to update it) but gives you some idea on what pokemon are really good.

Spr_5b_579.pngSpr_5b_526_s.pngSpr_5b_609.pngSpr_5b_242.pngSpr_5b_593_m.pngSpr_5b_635.png

I just beat White, and I finally have my Trick Room team going for me.

I'd usually open up with my Reuniclus and Gigalith; I'd set up Trick Room with the blob, and set up a Stealth Rock. The next turn would be spent either Calm Minding with Reuniclus and Stone Edging with Gigalith, and after that it'd be all out powerhousing things the awesome STAB Psychic combined with Reuniclus' pretty cool Spec. ATK. And again, I'd probably be nuking their team with Stone Edge (Or Earthquake, if I felt the need to use it.)

When one of those two would die, probably would be Gigalith first, I'll bring out Blissey. I'd hit them with Toxic when using her, them constantly heal/light screen/safeguard.

If Reuniclus dies, out comes the Chandelure. Set up Trick Room again, rinse, and repeat.

Now If I am back to the wall, out comes the Jellicent/Hydreigon combo. Since Hydreigon is in the middle ground with Speed, he works quite well hitting things before I set up Trick Room, and hitting them again after. Jellicent is there because of its ability: Water Absorb. When faced with no way of healing it, out comes the Surf. Heals Jellicent, and hits them pretty hard too.

I'm still new to this, but I think Trick Room is an interesting move. A set around it seems fun :D

I'm questioning the OU list because Alakazam isn't on it.

Flygon is a great pokemon. Has anice move pool this gen so he can cause some damage. Only thing I don't like about him is he is a bit sort for defence.

Flygon is my favorite pokemanzzz

movepool is great

speedy

levitate

DRAGON/GROUND

Moves are:

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Stone Edge

U-Turn/Crunch depending on generation

---

And if you didn't know, my RL name is Drew. So yeah.

I just hate that anime Drew taught it Steel Wing >.<

and Flygon kicks Salamence's ass in Jirachi movie

also was in Gyratina movie

And at one time, I was so crazy I taught it:

Earthquake

Draco Meteor

Overheat

Solarbeam

yeah.

I'm questioning the OU list because Alakazam isn't on it.

Flygon is my favorite pokemanzzz

movepool is great

speedy

levitate

DRAGON/GROUND

Moves are:

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Stone Edge

U-Turn/Crunch depending on generation

---

And if you didn't know, my RL name is Drew. So yeah.

I just hate that anime Drew taught it Steel Wing >.

and Flygon kicks Salamence's ass in Jirachi movie

also was in Gyratina movie

And at one time, I was so crazy I taught it:

Earthquake

Draco Meteor

Overheat

Solarbeam

yeah.

Ala feel out of OU a while ago. And yea, Flygon is a good pok, just sad he's fallen 5th gen.

Donphan Is the best rapid spinner. Only competition is tentacruel

wut

blastoise is best rapid spinner

Starmie. Very fast. Great move pool. Decent attack stat. Don, Blast, and Tent all are to slow and just gets run over by common attacks. After Star your using non-OU pokemon (not even 100% if Star is OU, but lets assume so) and honestly they are all about even and comes down to what your team needs.

Ala feel out of OU a while ago. And yea, Flygon is a good pok, just sad he's fallen 5th gen.

Starmie. Very fast. Great move pool. Decent attack stat. Don, Blast, and Tent all are to slow and just gets run over by common attacks. After Star your using non-OU pokemon (not even 100% if Star is OU, but lets assume so) and honestly they are all about even and comes down to what your team needs.

I was joking because Blatoise actually learns Rapid Spin.

Anyway, Starmie's states aren't that great. Speed is at 5, right? Decent SP. Move pool is great, Confuse Ray, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic, anyway,

WHY ISN'T ALAKAZAM OU??

He's at max speed and max sp. atk.

Good movepool:

Shock Wave

Energy Ball

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Thunder Wave, depending on version

TRICK FOR THE CHOICE SCARF SHENANIGANS

I was joking because Blatoise actually learns Rapid Spin.

Anyway, Starmie's states aren't that great. Speed is at 5, right? Decent SP. Move pool is great, Confuse Ray, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic, anyway,

WHY ISN'T ALAKAZAM OU??

He's at max speed and max sp. atk.

Good movepool:

Shock Wave

Energy Ball

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Thunder Wave, depending on version

TRICK FOR THE CHOICE SCARF SHENANIGANS

Speed is at 5? You mean 115? That is one of the fastest pokemon in OU atm. And it's the move pool that really gives Star the boost.

Ala isn't OU cause he's just so frail and a single strong attack will OHKO him.

Speed is at 5? You mean 115? That is one of the fastest pokemon in OU atm. And it's the move pool that really gives Star the boost.

Ala isn't OU cause he's just so frail and a single strong attack will OHKO him.

When I say 5, 6, etc. that means the bars of 1-6 that are shown in Prima Guides. Like Alakazam has 6 SP and 6 SP. ATK. because they can vary with natures

Archived