Street Figher... The Movie?

Lazer Yoshi

I know it's over a week, but I found it pointless to make another topic.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li was not pre-screened for critics' date=' and little promotion outside of target audience advertising on networks such as G4 and Spike and other small efforts like viral leaks of publicity pictures and clips took place, usually a negative sign that the studio felt the movie would not meet box office expectations.[4'] The film was received very poorly by American critics on its original release. The film ranking website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 0% of critics had given the film positive reviews, based upon a sample of 20.[4] At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 21, based on 9 reviews.[5] Amongst the more positive reviews, Rob Nelson of Variety wrote that "Neither the best nor the worst of movies derived from videogames, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li at least gives action fans plenty to ogle besides the titular heroine (Kristin Kreuk)".[5] while The New York Times wrote that the film was "Reveling in the vivid Bangkok locations, Geoff Boyle's photography is crisp and bright, and Dion Lam's action choreography unusually witty".[5] Negative reviews focused on the screenplay and fight scenes. The Hollywood Reporter wrote that "other than a few reasonably well-staged fight sequences, the proceedings are dull and visually uninspired. Justin Marks' solemn screenplay lacks any trace of wit."[5] Jeremy Wheeler of TV Guide wrote that "Fight scenes, while admirable for shaking off the shaky-cam aesthetic of their big-screen brethren, neither inspire nor find a good balance between martial arts and FX-laden power punches".[6] IGN gave the movie 1.5 stars out of 5, saying "There's better staged and more enjoyable brawls between Peter and the Chicken on Family Guy." They also stated the previous Street Fighter film was more enjoyable than this one.

SURPRISE SURF******PRISE

This won't be as bad as the Jean Claude Van Damn movie.

I want Lucy Liu to be chun li. I'm sure she can do her kick.

1) Ha, ha. Funny, because everyone's so far saying that the one with Van Dam is much better.

2) Well, she would certainly have the look better than this other girl does. She dun even look Asian.

Older live action Street Fighter movie wasn't that bad.

Just saw this one though... for the love of all that is holy, do not watch this piece of sh**. Was completely noncannon, broke the storyline and several characters on nearly all points... there was nothing redeamable about this movie. Those positive reviews had to have been paid for, because all that they said was wrong.

there both about chin/jap retarded shows' date=' and both are basically cast by a majority of bad foreign actors IN RELATION to the role.

[/quote']

Actually based on a game franchise, one of the most popular and widely played fighting game franchises ever.

A majority of the cast in Legend of Chun-li were American and about half the cast in the other were American, and most of the foreign actors were good but merely given terrible roles and writing.

I know it's over a week' date=' but I found it pointless to make another topic.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li was not pre-screened for critics, and little promotion outside of target audience advertising on networks such as G4 and Spike and other small efforts like viral leaks of publicity pictures and clips took place, usually a negative sign that the studio felt the movie would not meet box office expectations.[4] The film was received very poorly by American critics on its original release. The film ranking website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 0% of critics had given the film positive reviews, based upon a sample of 20.[4] At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 21, based on 9 reviews.[5] Amongst the more positive reviews, Rob Nelson of Variety wrote that "Neither the best nor the worst of movies derived from videogames, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li at least gives action fans plenty to ogle besides the titular heroine (Kristin Kreuk)".[5] while The New York Times wrote that the film was "Reveling in the vivid Bangkok locations, Geoff Boyle's photography is crisp and bright, and Dion Lam's action choreography unusually witty".[5] Negative reviews focused on the screenplay and fight scenes. The Hollywood Reporter wrote that "other than a few reasonably well-staged fight sequences, the proceedings are dull and visually uninspired. Justin Marks' solemn screenplay lacks any trace of wit."[5] Jeremy Wheeler of TV Guide wrote that "Fight scenes, while admirable for shaking off the shaky-cam aesthetic of their big-screen brethren, neither inspire nor find a good balance between martial arts and FX-laden power punches".[6] IGN gave the movie 1.5 stars out of 5, saying "There's better staged and more enjoyable brawls between Peter and the Chicken on Family Guy." They also stated the previous Street Fighter film was more enjoyable than this one.

SURPRISE SURF******PRISE

Don't listen to wikipedia on this, they aren't always right on the issue

I know it's over a week' date=' but I found it pointless to make another topic.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li was not pre-screened for critics, and little promotion outside of target audience advertising on networks such as G4 and Spike and other small efforts like viral leaks of publicity pictures and clips took place, usually a negative sign that the studio felt the movie would not meet box office expectations.[4] The film was received very poorly by American critics on its original release. The film ranking website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 0% of critics had given the film positive reviews, based upon a sample of 20.[4] At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 21, based on 9 reviews.[5] Amongst the more positive reviews, Rob Nelson of Variety wrote that "Neither the best nor the worst of movies derived from videogames, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li at least gives action fans plenty to ogle besides the titular heroine (Kristin Kreuk)".[5] while The New York Times wrote that the film was "Reveling in the vivid Bangkok locations, Geoff Boyle's photography is crisp and bright, and Dion Lam's action choreography unusually witty".[5] Negative reviews focused on the screenplay and fight scenes. The Hollywood Reporter wrote that "other than a few reasonably well-staged fight sequences, the proceedings are dull and visually uninspired. Justin Marks' solemn screenplay lacks any trace of wit."[5] Jeremy Wheeler of TV Guide wrote that "Fight scenes, while admirable for shaking off the shaky-cam aesthetic of their big-screen brethren, neither inspire nor find a good balance between martial arts and FX-laden power punches".[6] IGN gave the movie 1.5 stars out of 5, saying "There's better staged and more enjoyable brawls between Peter and the Chicken on Family Guy." They also stated the previous Street Fighter film was more enjoyable than this one.

SURPRISE SURF******PRISE

Don't listen to wikipedia on this, they aren't always right on the issue

It's pretty hard to actually say that this movie will be good and be wrong.

Don't listen to wikipedia on this' date=' they aren't always right on the issue

[/quote']

Actually, Wikipedia is right. Especially by the fact that all they presented were facts that are cited or can be checked upon easily.

And the movie did suck terribly.

Yup, although it has been updated, cuz now it has a 6% at Rotten Tomatoes. :D

Don't listen to wikipedia on this' date=' they aren't always right on the issue

[/quote']

Actually, Wikipedia is right. Especially by the fact that all they presented were facts that are cited or can be checked upon easily.

And the movie did suck terribly.

Yup, although it has been updated, cuz now it has a 6% at Rotten Tomatoes. :D

that's probably the lowest I've seen Rotten Tomatoes give

No, I've seen Rotten Tomatoes give zeroes at times. I can't remember which movies, but either they were that terrible or just not rated yet. I do know Pyramid of Light scored pretty low.

Wikipedia has Mods' date=' who try to ensure the site is right.

Anyway, how will this movie be for someone to doesn't own the games?

[/quote']

Now, can I get an answer to this question by someone other than Ragnarok without comparing it to something with zombies? Preferrable TAG or problematica?

No' date=' I've seen Rotten Tomatoes give zeroes at times. I can't remember which movies, but either they were that terrible or just not rated yet. I do know Pyramid of Light scored pretty low.

Wikipedia has Mods, who try to ensure the site is right.

Anyway, how will this movie be for someone to doesn't own the games?

Now, can I get an answer to this question by someone other than Ragnarok without comparing it to something with zombies? Preferrable TAG or problematica?

1) The only one that comes to mind at this exact moment is A Kid in King Arthur's Court.

2) The same way it turned out for the people who do own the games.

1) The only one that comes to mind at this exact moment is A Kid in King Arthur's Court.

I liked A Kid in King Arthur's Court <.<

Now' date=' can I get an answer to this question by someone other than Ragnarok without comparing it to something with zombies? Preferrable TAG or problematica?

[/quote']

You won't notice any of the inaccuracies with the story from the games, but that's just a fan thing to notice. You will, however, be disappointed in the terrible acting, bad writing, boring action, and general suckiness of the movie. The only thing remotely cool or good about this movie is that they have the guy who played Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat playing as Gen.

I liked A Kid in King Arthur's Court <.<

Now' date=' can I get an answer to this question by someone other than Ragnarok without comparing it to something with zombies? Preferrable TAG or problematica?

[/quote']

You won't notice any of the inaccuracies with the story from the games, but that's just a fan thing to notice. You will, however, be disappointed in the terrible acting, bad writing, boring action, and general suckiness of the movie. The only thing remotely cool or good about this movie is that they have the guy who played Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat playing as Gen.

1) Oh well. That's too bad.

2) Well, gamers ALSO take into account how good the movie is overall into account. SO, I doubt they'd be too pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived