:: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds - Alternate Time :: Chapter One Now Up, Suggestions Are Welcome ::

SushiTheLegend

[align=center]AlternateTime.png

:: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds - Alternate Time ::

Like most stories, the Yu-Gi-Oh! Universe can be told from many points of view, and as such there are many different timelines and alternate realities that differ from our primary and well known timeline. In one universe Yugi/Atemu can be the Pharoah of Egypt, however in another Thief Bakura can rule Egypt with an iron fist.

Our story however focuses on a alternate timeline created around the era of the Signers and Dark Signers, where our main focus is still on Yusei, Jack, Ruka, and Aki, but there is a further additional Signer in the form of Emira Eruesdale. This story will essentially show what could have happened if other people were involved in the story.

The Character Cast List

[spoiler=[b]The Signers[/b]]Emira Eruesdale

Emira is a young female who is 18 years old, although born into a rich family of Neo Domino City, she used to be part of Satellite until her parents moved to Neo Domino City due to rich jobs. During her time in Satellite she came to know Yusei, Crow, Kiryu, and Jack until departing to find a new life in Neo Domino City. Much like Yusei and Jack she is Signer but her powers as a Signer like Aki are quite active but is like the other Signers unaware of what her mark actually means.

Emira weilds a powerful and deadly FIRE deck which she has rarely used but is known as a powerful and skilled duelist due to her descendancy to the great Duel Academia King of Games, Ryuzu Erusdale her Grand Father. Her Signer Dragon is Inferno Hellfire Dragon which is a Synchro monster capable of going on par with the other Signer Dragons being on the same level as them as one of the FIVE Signer Dragons meaning that IT replaces the former POWER TOOL DRAGON lookalike.

Yusei Fudo

Yusei is a young male, who is a former resident from Satellite but born from parents from Neo Domino City. Now that Yusei is in Neo Domino City to get even with Jack and get his Stardust Dragon back he has wound up in the Facility after dueling Jack and winning. Yusei is a childhood friend to Emira and has known her since she was originally living in Satellite along with Jack, Crow, and Kiryu.

Yusei weilds a powerful deck that utilizes weaker monsters to create a powerful deck and although a resident of Satellite he is one of greatest duelists as he should be as a Signer along with Emira, Jack, Aki, and Ruka. His Signer Dragon is Stardust Dragon which is a powerful Synchro monster that rivals that of Jack's Red Dragon Archfiend.

Jack Atlas

Jack is a young male, who is currently seated as the King of Riding Duels within Neo Domino City. However Jack was originally from Satellite but due to Godwin's influence was able to come to Neo Domino City and effectively reign as "King" of Neo Domino City. When he left for Neo Domino City he betrayed Yusei by taking his D-Wheel and Stardust Dragon, he was also in a group that consisted of Yusei, Crow, Kiryu, and himself and also knew Emira Eruesdale along with the previously mentioned characters.

Much like Yusei, Jack weilds a powerful deck that uses weaker monsters to summon his powerful Red Dragon Archfiend and although he is originally a Satellite he is seen as the best duelist within Neo Domino City. Like Emira, Yusei, Aki, and Ruka he is a Signer however he feels that he alone is the only one needed to save the world. His Signer Dragon is Red Dragon Archfiend which like Stardust Dragon is a powerful Synchro monster and rivals Stardust Dragon as such.

Ruka

Ruka is a very young female, she is also the biological sister of her twin brother Rua. Ruka and Rua found Yusei when he had amnesia after regaining his D-Wheel. Ruka at a young age was able to visit the Spirit World in which she vowed to protect the Spirit World. She also appears to have a deep connection with her brother Rua, however it appears Ruka is the only one between them who can see spirits and that is a Signer.

Ruka seems to weild a variety deck with a mythical element to it, with the center of her deck using Ancient Fairy Dragon and Regulus, The White Lion. She is a Signer along with Emira, Jack, Aki, and Yusei. Her Signer Dragon is Ancient Fairy Dragon which is a powerful Synchro monster that is able to easily destroy Earthbound Gods via their Field Spell limitation.

Aki Izayoi

Aki is a young female, and she is also a reveared Psycho Duelist whose monsters physically inflict pain on others but this is nothing compared to a Shadow Duel. At a young age Aki's powers maniphested themselves and she injured many important people including her own father. It is because of this Aki became isolated and eventually was mislead and brainwashed by Divine to which she began hurting others and enjoying this hurt.

Aki weilds a plant based deck, which accumilate to being support for the destructive Black Rose Dragon, hence her nickname as the Black Rose. She is a signer along with Emira, Jack, Ruka, and Yusei. Her Signer Dragon is Black Rose Dragon which is a powerful Synchro monster that is inflicts as much pain as it possibly can.

[spoiler=[b]Dark Signers[/b]]Rudger

Rudger is a old male, who is the biological brother to Signer Leader Rex Godwin. Rudger was a sciencetist who worked on the Momentum project with Yusei Fudo's father Professor Fudo. Upon the effect of Zero Reverse Rudger was presumed dead and is therefore the leader of the Dark Signers as opposed to Rex as the leader of the Signers. It was Rudger's Earthbound God that dragged Ancient Fairy Dragon to the pits of hell and thus why Ancient Fairy Dragon would later be in Demak's posession. Rudger's Dark Signer Deck is a Spider Deck, which is used as a support for his Earthbound God, Uru.

Katsumi

Katsumi is a young female, who seems to have a very deep past with the Signer Emira Eruesdale as the two were originally best friends when Emira first arrived in New Domino City. Little is known about her exact death but it is clear that a certain time period before the appearance of the Dark Signers she vanished and Emira was unbeknownst as to what had become of Katsumi.

Katsumi's Dark Signer Deck is a play of her original Angelic deck, however her deck now revolves around Fallen Angels and Devils as a "Heaven and Hell" based deck. Although her deck is full of mostly evil monsters, she still retains certain ANGELs which she corrupts with the use of her Field Spell, Fallen Angels Hell. Her deck is used as support for her Earthbound God, Kuntur.

Bommer

Bommer is a young male, who seeks to get revenge on Rex Godwin after the destruction of his village. It appears as though there is a connection between Bommer and Demak but this connection is yet to be revealed. Bommer later takes on the task as the 6th Dark Signer as Demak's replacement.

Bommer's Dark Signer Deck is a play on his original deck which focuses on disabling the use of monsters, spells, and traps with the addition of Dark Flat Top which allows Bomber to revive his Giant Bomber Air Raid, simply put this deck is used as a support for his Earthbound God, Chacu Challhua.

Misty

Carly

Kiryu

Demak

[spoiler=[b]Other Characters[/b]]

Rua

Rua is a very young male, he is also the biological brother of his twin sister Ruka. Rua and Ruka found Yusei when he had amnesia after regaining his D-Wheel. Rua is a hotheaded and determined young duelist who acts tough and wishes to protect Ruka. He also appears to have a deep connection with his sister Ruka, however it appears Ruka is the only one between them who can see spirits and that is a Signer.

Rua seems to weild a Morphtronics deck, with the center of his deck using Power Tool Dragon. Although he is not a Signer like his sister, he seems to have the potential to fight on par with Signers. He has a Syncro monster known as Power Tool Dragon which Rua believed was the 5th Signer Dragon, only to be dissappointed when Emira was revealed as the 5th Signer.

Rex Godwin

Rex is a old-aaged male, he is also the head of the Security Bureau and therefore essentially rules New Domino City. Rex appears to have great control over the city and the way it is ran, he also seems to have a hidden agenda in rounding up duelists known as "Signers". As Rex does not duel he does not use a deck.

Crow

Crow is a young male, he is a good friend of Yusei, Jack, Kiryu, and Emira. Crow seems to have also been in quite some trouble with the Security Bureau as shown by his security markings over his face. Crow is initially a hero to the poor and those in need. Crow's deck revolves around his Black Feather monsters who focus on weak and strong monsters with devastating effects.

Yanagi Tenzen

Yanagi is a very old male, he is friends with Yusei. Yanagi is a man that Yusei meets upon his arrival to the Prison and is also aware of the Crimson Dragon and also believes Yusei is a Signer. Originally Yanagi was going to duel Jin only for Emira to step in and duel Jin instead. Yanagi weilds the Hidden Treasures deck that is full of rare cards that depend on hurting the controller to win.

Jin Himuro

Jin is a middle-aged male, he is good friends with Saiga, Yusei, Emira, and Yanagi. Jin is the first opponent that Emira faces and also the first person so far to lose to Emira. Jin is also a former Pro-Duelist and therefore proves his dominance in ruling the Security Prison with an iron fist. Jin uses a Giant Ushi Oni deck in his first and only duel against Emira.

Daikuro Fuwa

Daikuro is a young male, he is also a good friend of Emira's as a Private Detective with inside leads in the Security Bureau. It is due to Daikuro why Emira initially knows about Yusei's arrest, and also through him how she is able to gain assistance from Saiga in an attempt to rescue Yusei from the Security Prison. At this time Daikuro has yet to make an actual appearance and has only spoken to Emira through the phone and therefore his deck is unknown.

Takasu

Takasu is a middle-aged male, Takasu is the head of the Security Prison in which Yusei is being held and also the same prison in which Emira makes her first appearance. Apart from being the head of the prison which is owned by Rex Godwin, Takasu is a typically overweight duelist who likes to eat and take his "prisoner treatments" to a harsh level, this also involves cheating in a duel. Takasu's deck is a Chain deck that focuses on the use of Chain cards.

Saiga

Saiga is a middle-aged male, Saiga is a former Tag Team D-Wheel Champion who now works as a man for hire for those who need help. Saiga is also good friends with former Pro-Duelist Jin Himuro and Private Detective Daikuro Fuwa. It is Saiga who firstly assists Emira in rescueing Yusei Fudo from prison, and eventually helping Yusei regain his D-Wheel and deck. Unfortunately Saiga's deck has not been revealed as he only assists Yusei and Emira.

The Chapter List

[spoiler=[b]Prologue: Arrestment Of Yusei Fudo![/b]]Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds: Alternate Time

Prologue: Arrestment Of Yusei Fudo!

It was very late during the night as heavy rain hit the glass windows of the Eruesdale home. Not too far away from the Eruesdale home, Jack Atlas and Yusei Fudo lay in shock, and in pain with the rain continuing to fall as everything slowly became a blur to the both of them. However neither of them truely aware of the string of fate the two of them had been dragged into by the cursive burned mark on their arms, unlike their inseparable fate the two were taken into separate directions.

Whilst Jack Atlas was retrieved and taken back to Rex Godwin's headquarters, Yusei Fudo was arrested as part of his trespassing into New Domino City. This also meant that his D-Wheel and his deck were taken away and Yusei Fudo was sent on a one way trip to prison. When Yusei realized what had happened, he found himself being sentenced to the Security Prison and eventually driven to this prison along with several others.

Yusei seemingly looked up at the ceiling of his portable prison while closing his eyes, only to find himself disturbed from a partial eternity by a deranged old man, Yusei was hardly in the mood to talk but the old man spoke anyway.

"Hey, what did you do for them to arrest you? The name is Yanagi, what's yours?"

However despite the old man's questioning, Yusei didn't respond. Yusei could only think about his duel with Jack and how much he NEEDED to reaquire his sacred Stardust Dragon card from his overbearing rival. However Yusei began to take notice of the old man, when he began mentioning a ancient dragon known as the Crimson Dragon, suddenly Yusei opened up to the old man.

"Ancient Dragon you say? Tell me more about this Ancient Dragon..."

Yanagi realized that this young stranger was overly interested in such an ancient and unlikely story, however even though he never got his answers from Yusei, he proceeded to explain the story of the Crimson Dragon and the five signers that served it.

"It's not an Ancient Dragon, it's the Crimson Dragon. A long time ago, the Crimson Dragon protected the People of the Stars from evil along with it's dragon followers, these followers were aided by five individuals known as Signers. Even though it's such an ancient tale, I believe that the Signers do infact exist."

Yusei seemed confident that the strange dragon that he and Jack saw during their previous duel, was in fact this Crimson Dragon. Yusei then looked Yanagi in the face as he decided to introduce himself to the old man, because it seemed this Yanagi knew more about the situation than Yusei could possibly understand.

"I also believe your story to be true, and...my name is Yusei, Yusei Fudo. As for why I was arrested...well I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess...anyway it seems like we've arrived..."

Yanagi seemed to agree with Yusei as the portable prison they were in stopped and the back exit was opened only for them to see security guards rushing to get the "prisoners" out of the portable prison and into the REAL prison. Meanwhile, at the Eruesdale home Emira Eruesdale was awakened by a ringing noise they would eventually spell out her fate.

As the "billion dollar princess" awoke from her slumber, she proceeded to her living room where the loud ringing noise was coming from. Luckily Emira was the only person present within the household so she was the only one who could possibly be disturbed.

"Geez! What kind of idiot phones in the middle of the night...probably some prankster trying to get some attention...but still..."

Despite Emira's thoughts, she dragged her body towards the phone and picked it up, Emira did not speak and merely listened as her head perked slightly upon hearing a familiar voice, it was the voice of her friend Daikuro a private detective and old time friend of Emira's. However horror struck her face as she heard the news from Daikuro.

"He's where?! Yusei is where?! When did this happen Daikuro! Tell me god damnit!!"

One could tell by Emira's tone of voice that what Daikuro had told her had her on edge, as her words escaped in such a horrified yet irritated tone voice that if she wasn't the only person in the house she would of woken others up.

"I only found out myself Emira. But I figured you should know because I know you two are childhood friends...but yes Yusei Fudo was arrested at just gone midnight at the Duel Stadium...seems he broke into New Domino City..."

Emira was silent once more as Daikuro explained the situation to her, part of her was happy to hear about her childhood friend, but she was also distraught to hear he had been arrested. However despite being the daughter of a very wealthy family, Emira decided her goal...she would save Yusei.

"In that case...can you contact Saiga for me...you should understand my feelings and what I plan to do with Saiga...so will you do that for me?"

The voice on the other end of the phone merely sighed before giving her a reply to her somewhat crazy idea and questioning of a favour, but in the end Daikuro could only help Emira as her friend. With that in mind Emira listened to his reply.

"I guess there is no stopping you then, huh? Okay I'll contact Saiga for you...afterall he is the only one who can help you break into that prison, which means he'll contact you like usual...just be sure you know what you're doing Emira and stay out of any danger...just because you're the granddaughter of Ryuzu Eruesdale doesn't mean you can't get arrested."

Emira greatful for Daikuro's response as she smiled and began to have a passion in her eyes, nothing was going to change this decision of hers to save Yusei, this was the most important person to her, or at least one of the most important. She grinned slightly giving one last reply.

"Thank you Daikuro...and you know...you worry far too much about me Daikuro. I won't get into danger BECAUSE I am the granddaughter of Ryuzu Eruesdale...I always get through things and you know that, in either case...I'll speak to you soon then."

After ending the conversation with Daikuro, Emira put the phone down and clenched her fists while standing in her pajamas, she now had a new goal as well as a friend she knew she could not let down!

[spoiler=[b]Turn 1: Emira Appears, Yusei's Shock Pt.1[/b]]Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds: Alternate Time

Turn 1: Emira Appears, Yusei's Shock Pt.1

Our story picks up as Emira sits in what appears to be a throne-like chair in the middle of the living room with a royal-like phone sitting on a stand as Emira closes her eyes for a moment. As she opens her eyes once more the phone begins to ring as she answers the phone awaiting for the plan to save her dear Yusei from the security prison.

"This is Emira...I take it you've been informed of why I need your help Saiga?"

The voice on the other end was much different to the person she spoke to previously, this man was fearless and pulled risky moves all the time, this man was Saiga and he was known for assisting anyone who needed it...for a price.

"I am aware yes...but you know...even a stunt like this is dangerous on my standards...but I have come up with a plan to infilitrate the prison and for you to escape with your friend..."

With this, Saiga began to explain his plan to the determined Emira who sat and listened to the plan while clenching her fists on her clothing full of her determination to finally meet Yusei once more and save him from his doomed fate within those prison walls, unaware that Yusei had his own plans. Meanwhile at the Prison it seemed Yusei was getting aquainted with the prison sitting in his cell listening the blabberings of the old man he had come to know simply as Old Man Yanagi.

However these blabberings came to and end when the prisoners were released to do as they pleased which meant that Yusei could finally explore his new home while his new friend Yanagi could follow him like a deluded fangirl and pester him with his blabberings. On one hand, Yusei favoured the company but part of him felt like that Yanagi could try to not bore him by talking about things that he really wasn't concerned for.

At the same time as this was happening, Emira was heading towards the prison with the help of Saiga, her mission was to enter the prison, find Yusei and escape by whatever means with Yusei. Yusei on the other hand was going from bad to absolutely worse as Yusei and Yanagi entered an area of the prison with strange markings on the ground, Yusei didn't like what these markings reminded him of either, at that moment Jin Himuro stepped forward towards Yusei and Yanagi, the old man seemingly scared as Yusei stood his ground.

"Hey you there, it seems you're a newbie at this prison so you should know that I'm the king of this prison in a matter of speaking. All newbies have gotta duel me to see thier worth, so what do you say newbie?"

Yusei wasn't intimidated by Jin, however he couldn't stand up to Jin without a deck which meant that Yusei would have no choice but to submit to this man, however the old man then stepped in front of Yusei and spoke up.

"I'll duel you instead you meanie...I'll show you the power of my powerful treasure deck!"

Jin stared at the old man surprised by his comment as Yusei was also surprised by Yanagi stepping forward, but then Jin laughed his head off pointing a finger towards Yanagi before opening his mouth in response to Yanagi's comment.

"Hah! You crack me up old man, but I'm not challenging you I'm challenging the newbie who I've yet to see around this prison yet. So step aside and watch me duel your friend."

Just as Yanagi seemed like he was going to act back, he drooped in a sad way as Yusei stepped forward which then surprised Yanagi as Jin smiled seeing Yusei step up to him as he was about to activate his duel disk before Yusei then opened up.

"Unfortunately, my deck was taken away so I won't be able to duel you like how you want me to. Sorry."

Yusei then closed his eyes as he went to turn around, Yanagi somewhat sad as he looked at Yusei turn his back to Jin, something Jin wasn't very happy about as he smirked slightly and then called out to Yusei catching Yusei's ear as he spoke.

"Taken your deck you say? That ain't a problem...I'll send you a few cards and we can get this duel on the road, how about that kid?"

Yusei then turned his head round to face Jin again, Yanagi was seemingly getting more and more worried about Yusei who continued to hold a calm face towards the ever growing ego of Jin Himuro. Yanagi then held his hand out to Yusei giving him his deck. Yusei smiled for a brief moment as he nodded to Yanagi.

"That's fine...I'll use old man Yanagi's deck to duel you, that should prove that I'm not someone you can try and bully into a duel."

Jin was a little surprised by this turn of events, but he found the idea of using Yanagi's deck even more pathetic...there was no way anyone could win with such a deck, but it was Yusei's funeral or so Jin thought anyway, as Jin responded once more.

"Very well then kid, but it's your funeral if you want to use that sad excuse of a deck...you'll need to be awfully lucky to win with that cheap deck."

Jin and Yusei began to stare each other down as they prepared to wage war in a duel as Yanagi seemed upset by Jin's harsh words but he was also too afraid to say anything towards the now devil like Jin Himuro. Meanwhile Emira had now arrived at the prison as she walked towards the main entrance wearing bland clothing which included a short mini skirt, as she stopped at the prison entrance she came face to face with one of the guards as she spoke.

"Excuse me, would you be a darling and well...let me inside?"

The guard looked her up and down, as he walked towards her moving his metal stick to her skirt lifting it up only a few centimetres as he grew a smirk on his face. To him it was his lucky day, a beautiful lady coming at him with such a flirtatious outfit asking to be let it made his think things you wouldn't want to know, but he also had a job.

"Hehe...as much as I'd love to and all, this isn't a hotel for people to just drop on by you know, so no I can't let you inside...but how about we go round back if you know what I mean."

The guard continued to smirk as he awaited a response from the beautiful young Emira who put off such an erotic atmosphere it was no surprise that the guard was drooling over her wonderful figure, her eye sore of a cleavage and of course her lovely slender legs, but that's when her face turned more serious.

"I had hoped it wouldn't come to this...but you can't say I didn't try..."

She sighed softly as she swung round as her foot connected with the jaw of the guard which sent him plummeting to the floor with a hard thud, after this occured the door was opened as two guards came out raising what appeared to be duel disks, this only made Emira smirk as the scene returned to Yusei, Yanagi, and Jin. The two who were about to duel were still staring each other down, Yusei clearly not intimidated by Jin and Jin who was grinning at how easily this duel would be.

Just as the two were about to raise thier duel disks and hit things off, a small framed figure began walking out of the doorway to the duel arena. This figure held a duel disk on their arm which caught the eyes of those within the arena, most of all though Yusei's eyes were stretched wide as he was speechless at the person before his eyes. The person raised their head with a smirk as the figure opened it's mouth.

"Hello there Yusei, long time no see. Planning on leaving me out of a duel before I get to whipe the floor with this lunk head's silly little face were you?"

And so, with things coming to a close as the mysterious Emira stared down at Yusei and Jin, Yusei continued to be in shock as he could still not believe his eyes at seeing Emira for the first time in years, where exactly will this story go from here? Find out in the next episode!

[/align]

• 3 weeks later...

Awsome' date=' i get to see the master at work :D, i'll be keeping an eye on this =)

[/quote']

Hardly a master, rofl. Also I have included my "FINAL" Dark Signer who will be a former friend of my Signer Emira. As such she will use the Condor Earthbound God, information on this card be read in the Written Cards section.

Please, Sushi, a chapter please....I really want to see your work. If you're based on 5D's anime plot, how long will this take? 5D's isn't going fast, y'know. At least give us the prologue.

Oh, and I think that the Fifth Signer's Dragon would be best if it's an EARTH or WATER monster, since those are the Attributes that do not belong to any other 4 Signers' Dragons. But you're the writer. It's up to you. :p

• 5 weeks later...

Now, don't get all up in my pants, but I'm going to lay it out straight. Don't take this as a flame, please.

Sometimes, it's not the grammar and spelling that kills a fic, but the scenario. From what I've seen based on the prologue alone, this falls squarely in the latter category. One of the first rules of AU canon fics is to never, NEVER, rewrite your OC in a major, "exclusive" party, such as the Signers. Since you've done so with Emira, that's strike one. (You've also rewritten her into major canon events as well, like the prison break-in.)

Her last name just seems to be a rip-off of our favorite brooding GX ex-Kaiser, Ryu Marufuji, or Zane Truesdale. It's not that hard to think up of an original one that's unrelated. Also, Emira? I've never heard that one before. Strike two.

Thirdly, and probably the most important, evidence towards the fifth Signer has already been revealed, in the form of the dismembered arm that belongs to Goodwin Rudger. This also most likely makes him the remaining Signer, so how are you going to write him out of the picture and replace him with your OC seriously? Strike three.

Sorry, but if this was posted on FF.net, AKA "The Pit of Voles", you'd get some very harsh criticism on this that would be borderline-flaming. I'm just telling you; this would be nearly-impossible to work well.

D:

I laugh at you, I really LAUGH at you. First of all, this is not meant to be canon related at all, it's called FAN-FICTION for a reason. Secondly yes Ryuzu's surname was unoriginal, therefore his granddaughter is going to have the same surname, thirdly the so called arm you speak of is actually RUDGER's arm therefore screwing your third strike.

I was never going to "replace" or "write him out". He has and will always be the leader of the Signers and not a Signer himself. Good day.

Archived