[Leaderboard] Prime-Ace John vs Renegade

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All Leaderboard and Tournament Rules apply.

2. Cards must be submitted by May 14th.

3. First to 3 votes or most by May 21st wins.
4. Votes must have a valid reason.
5. Cards must be PM'd to me and have lore posted separately.
6. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
7. I have the right to add rules.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card Requirement]
The first round requirements are simple. You are to create a Level 4 or lower Tuner monster. That is all.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card A]

TheJinxed.png

This card can be treated as a non-Tuner monster for the Synchro Summon of a DARK monster. If this card is used as a Tuner monster to Synchro Summon a DARK monster: You can Special Summon 1 banished Level 4 or lower monster. If this card is used as a non-Tuner monster to Synchro Summon a DARK monster: You can banish 1 card in either player's Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

spelldragosage.jpg

You can Special summon this card, (from your hand), by removing any number of Spell Counters from a face up card or cards you control (min. 2). This card's level becomes equal to the number of Spell Counters removed due to this effect. You can only Special Summon 1 "Spell Drago-Sage" once per turn. This card cannot be used as Xyz Material.

[/spoiler]

As I see it tuners need a way to field themselves, or else they will be outmatched, unless they combo well with something that can field itself or grap them(<- confusing?). Since only DW, Psychic, Frogs and Chaos come to my mind when I think banish, and none of them would play this. IDK what was it intended for.

B's level change can do bad stuff IMO. Tempest, and Arcanite can do so much in a SC deck, and an easier ways to bring them out is not welcomed IMO, the FTK would not use this I think, E-tele and Plaguespreader Zombie are already there.

Both card's splashability is limite, but their effects are iffy when in there place... I should just shut up and vote already. A, because B is replaceable.

As I see it tuners need a way to field themselves, or else they will be outmatched, unless they combo well with something that can field itself or grap them(<- confusing?). Since only DW, Psychic, Frogs and Chaos come to my mind when I think banish, and none of them would play this. IDK what was it intended for.

B's level change can do bad stuff IMO. Tempest, and Arcanite can do so much in a SC deck, and an easier ways to bring them out is not welcomed IMO, the FTK would not use this I think, E-tele and Plaguespreader Zombie are already there.

Both card's splashability is limite, but their effects are iffy when in there place... I should just shut up and vote already. A, because B is replaceable.

Thanks for voting

I'm voting for card A. They were both pretty useful, but let's be real here: Counters aren't as common as one might think. Plus there's not much value in a Tuner whose level is 2 at most, granted there are some low-level Synchros out there that are pretty good. But not only is card A just as usable disregarding a given restraint, but it also has an added perk for someone running a top-tier attribute Deck.

Archived