[Leaderboard] Zanda Panda vs Karkuk [Done]

Sander

Rules:

1. All Leaderboard Rules Apply
2. First to 3 votes or most by October 18th wins.
3. Card must be PM'd to me by October 13th.
4. Cards cannot have any indication of the creator.
5. Votes must have a valid reason.
6. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.

Requirements:

Make a card that supports the B.E.S. archetype.

Card A

W6678YG.jpg

2 Level 6 Machine-Type monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from the card: Place 3 counters on "B.E.S." monsters you control. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can decrease this card's ATK by 700 after the Damage Step; Special Summon 1 "B.E.S." monster from your Deck or Graveyard. If this card would be destroyed: You can destroy 1 face-up "B.E.S." monster you control instead. You can only control 1 face-up "B.E.S. Master Core."

Card B

eD5NEw9.jpg

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Big Core" or a "B.E.S." monster from your Deck to your hand. When a "Big Core" or a "B.E.S." monster is Normal or Special Summoned, put 2 counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove 2 counters from any face-up card you control; Special Summon 1 Machine-Type monster from your hand, and if you do, destroy 1 card on the field.

This is a tight choice; both cards are good designed.

Card A has a fatal flaw to it- that ATK is monstruous. Even when taking into account that its effect lowers ATK, it's optional. You can have a humongous 3500 body which places counters on your things. Both effects are really good for what they support, and yet bringing out two of the things might just be a huge problem in and of itself.

Now, card B is a Tenki for the archetype. We've seen how this can go very badly. And this one doesn't even have a restriction in number of usages. Mist Valley Falcon would make facing this card really ugly. Add to it, it gives your B.E.S things more counters and gives them a monarch element. It includes Big Core in its functions though, which I assume the maker of Card A totally forgot.

Still... I'll vote for Card A. 3500 makes me weary, but actually getting to play the card is kind of hard in and of itself. And Reinforcement is incredibly abusable.

And Reinforcement is incredibly abusable.

Incredibly abusable? By that you mean that it can be used with Mist Valley Falcon? Are you saying that you would run Mist Valley Falcon in a deck that runs B.E.S. solely to combo it with Reinforcement? Keep in mind that Reinforcement cannot be searched, unlike Tenki (which has Bear / Gorilla / Tiger King), so Falcon will more often than not be a dead card sitting in your hand.

I'd have to vote for Card A.

Like the previous voter, its base 3500 ATK kind of seems a bit OPed from my view (even with it requiring specific Type materials; which could be done with 2 Tetran or Big Core/MK-2 [which may prove difficult unless you use Boss Rush or something]). Even with it losing 700 ATK should you activate its monster-destroying effect; at 2800, that's still relatively high for a Rank 6. But the limitation that you can only have one of this card out at a time is a good counterbalance to it. As for its other effects, they help out the Archetype well by replenishing their counters so they won't die if they battle and restoring them if they do get destroyed. (Although this card does add counters to itself via its effect, but has no need for them). Like Mugen mentioned though, it excludes Big Core (until Konami decides to release an updated version with the text "This card is always treated as a B.E.S. monster")

In card B's case, it can essentially SS a new monster; nuke something on the field and have SS monster gain some counters due to the 2nd effect (provided it's a BES monster). Like card A, it functions well with the Archetype and what its members revolve around (essentially acts like Boss Rush in a way, except w/out blocking your Normal Summon/Sets and with the aforementioned effects).

Both cards are well-made and took a fair amount of time to decide, but card A gets it overall due to being more balanced from what I could see.

Good luck to the both of you though.

Card A would be really good and powerful, if B.E.S can actually summon it reliably. The SS and the counter-gaining effect is nice, but 3500 ATK seems to be kind of overkill for it. Also, I like how the SS effect is battle reliant, and this seems to fit a vertical shooting game's bonus hidden boss, with all the making the previous bosses as expendable mooks theme. Card B on the other hand, is really powerful as both a Tenki, Tensu, and Bear in one package. Can't say that as the best card design, but the archetype most likely will appreciate the much needed speed and consistency from this. Both cards are good, and I really hope that both are legal to use in the TCG, but I'll choose Card A, mainly due to it being not as ridiculous as Card B, while being really powerful if it's summoned.

I'm trying not to be patronising, but your problem is balance. I always go on about the relativity of balance, with the example being that Elegant Egotist would be broken if were not for the fact it supports a poor archetype. It's the same with B.E.S. - it's such an ineffectual deck that any support card created for it must be pretty powerful if it is to make an impact on the deck. 

Archived