Super Showdown Society (closed)

bSeqymA.png

The first season for the club's ranked play is ready to begin. With a new year shall come this new season of ranked, competitive play. The Showdown has a nice memberbase so it is time to put it into a more active role. It is time to see where you stand among your peers. Get ready, folks.

Rules:

This is the first official S.S.S. Tournament which will contribute to your ranked performance. Including the club's own rules an additional set of rules will be enforced for competitors of this tournament.

1 - The Tier-List will be OU, excluding suspect-testing Pokemon.
1a - Currently suspect-testing Pokemon include: Greninja.
2 - As of this time, you may use any number of team line-ups when competing in the tournament.
3 - Each participant of the tournament must compete in a total of 3 matches per week with a different competitor at each instance, if possible. Both participants of official battles must send replay footage of the battle to verify the match outcome.
4 - One's tournament standings will be based on total wins. Loses will still be recorded for the sake of ranking on the OP.
5 - The sign up time for this season will last from now until the 9th of January.
6 - The tournament will be commence officially on the 12th of January, and will be ongoing until the 20th of March.
7 - A winner of the tournament will be declared on the following week of March, with prizes distributed appropriately.

Participants and Standings:

1 - CowCow: 2/1
2 - Kyng: 1/2
3 - UnendingEmpire: 2/1
4 - Self-Destruct Buttom: 2/1
5 - The Trap: 0/1
6 - Pacmanexus: 0/1

I will personally be contributing to the prize pool, and will see what other goodies I may be able to gather. With that said the Prize Pool currently sits at 2000 Points, with Pot Donations welcome.
This Tournament's details can be found here, and will also be found in the OP under the "Current Tournaments" spoiler. CowCow will also add a link to this post within this spoiler, and both of us will regularly update information accordingly (including roster, rule, prize pool updates, for example)

Any questions I will happily answer and construct an FAQ here, otherwise we eagerly await your participation for this club's first official tournament.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind you guys can use this to post and talk about matches you've had.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-201023086

I had some good luck here, though I checked and even at fully offensive the first attack wouldn't have OHKOed Nidorino.

After checking some calculations, Tangela would have been a 2hit so from what I can tell, would have likely taken out the first two and weakened the third Pokemon.

The Tournaments' First Week has began. Remember folks, 3 matches against 3 different opponents per week minimum!

And to make sure they know.....

I'll enter because why not?

I too would like to get in on this.

Count me in, I love good battles.

I'll join the tourney as well.

I guess I'll join this, too.

...Guess I have a bit over a week to actually figure out a decent team. Woo!

Also I'll add another 500 points to the winner pot.

Which I think is at 2,500 now.

Just remember.

3 matches a week with different people.

Both people post the battle replay here (if you don't know how, ask)

Talk about the match if you'd like. ^^

Archived