[Dulcsister Archetype] Literally my sweetest archetype

The Nyx Avatar

[spoiler=Show Monsters]
G5sXKvI.jpg

LORE:You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Dulcsister" monster with a different name from your Deck. During the End Phase, banish the monster Special Summoned by this effect and gain Life Points equal to its ATK

hlurhql.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Dulcsister" monster from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 800. When this card is banished, you can destroy 1 card on the field.

9fbb8cm.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Dulcsister" monster from your Deck; you cannot Summon other monsters this turn, except Fusion Monsters. When this card is Special Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 1200. When this card is banished, you can Special Summon 1 "Dulcsister" monster from your hand or Graveyard.

rytCq2T.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Dulcsister" monster from your Graveyard; this card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. When this card is Special Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 1000. When this card is banished, you can target 1 monster on the field; halve its ATK and DEF.

t7VAzbY.jpg

LORE:While you control a face-up "Dulcsister" monster with a different name, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned (except by its own effect), you can increase your Life Points by 1000. When this card is banished, you can target 1 card on the field; shuffle it into the respective owner's Deck.

jnNJj0h.jpg

LORE:While you control a face-up "Dulcsister" monster with a different name, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned (except by its own effect), you can increase your Life Points by 500. When this card is banished, you can target 1 monster on the field; its effects are negated (including in the Graveyard).

QVrIcjw.jpg

LORE:You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its original ATK becomes 700. When this card is Special Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 700. When this card is banished, you can shuffle up to 2 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters into your Deck, then draw 1 card.

7t3KxTz.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Dulcsister" monster from your Deck. When this card is Special Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 1500. While this card is banished, your opponent cannot activate card effects in the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Show Fusion Monsters]
JZuNeiy.jpg

LORE:"Dulcsister Chocolate" + 1 "Dulcsister" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) While you control no other monsters, this card's original ATK and DEF are switched. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters to your hand.

Jxf5jSR.jpg

LORE:"Dulcsister Cotton" + 1 "Dulcsister Jelly"
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card is Special Summoned, you can shuffle all other monsters on the field into the respective owner's Deck. If this card battles an opponent's monster, double this card's ATK and DEF during the Damage Step only. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters to your hand.

Zvgymw3.jpg

LORE:2 "Dulcsister" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent would activate a Spell/Trap effect, you can pay 800 Life Points; negate the effect and destroy the card. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters to your hand.

l5UeLDF.jpg

LORE:2 "Dulcsister" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. If this card battles a monster, your opponent cannot activate card effects until the end of the Damage Step. During your End Phase, pay 800 Life Points or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters.

eUL4iNN.jpg

LORE:1 "Dulcsister" monster + 1 Level/Rank 4 or lower monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards from either player's side of the field. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters into your Deck; gain Life Points equal to the shuffled monster's ATK. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters.

iU1Uuee.jpg

LORE:"Dulcsister Cotton" + 1 "Dulcsister" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card on your opponent's side of the field and hand. During each of your End Phases, pay 500 Life Points or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters.

KeqtsGI.jpg

LORE:"Dulcsister" Fusion Monster + 1 "Dulcsister" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. Once per turn, you can banish 1 "Dulcsister" monster from your hand or Graveyard to destroy 1 monster on the field; you cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

GBcN2hl.jpg

LORE:2 or more "Dulcsister" monsters
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card's original ATK and DEF is equal to the number of Fusion Materials x 800. This card cannot be targeted by card effects and is unaffected by other monster effects. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Dulcsister" monsters, ignoring the Summoning conditions.
[/spoiler]

First thing I'll say is... Ugh, you're making me hungry. Then again, I'm a Hungry Burger, how hard can that really be?

All jokes aside, these cards can really take advantage of current LIGHT support. Constelar Belt, The Fountain in the Sky, and Light of Redemption all seem to fit with this archetype with ease.

Of course, they are highly susceptible to battle and would be fairly difficult to run pure due to their general inability to pressure the opponent (except with their Fusions) or regain lost resources.

Fortunately, they are decently consistent with 1 for 1 enabling a bunch of power plays while also loading the Graveyard and RotA nabbing the Altair of the deck.

Their banish effects give them a whole other dynamic as they can be run in chaos decks to trigger them outside of using the Fusions.

Personally, I feel that the level 7 monster is a bit weak. Yes, it is a huge beater, but that is literally all it does, it doesn't even have a useful banish effect. May be it could be the card that, when banished, revitalizes the deck (ie. Shuffle 3 banished "Dulcsister" monsters into your Deck; draw 1 card). Also, I have a question, is there a reason the lvl 4 doesn't have a healing effect when SS'd?

Other than those small things, I think the set is pretty neat. Good job!

Looking through the set again, I am amused at how much support these cards actually have. They have a built-in field spell (future visions), and a ton of banishing support (different dimension gate, dimension gate, interdimensional matter transporter, etc.). They could play out brilliantly against XYZ heavy decks and would make a generally powerful anti-meta archetype.

However, what I really find amusing is the fact that these cards are like a foil to the fortune ladies. While Fortune Ladies have no extra deck support, these have no (direct) S/T support. Fortune Ladies have 1 type and different attributes, these have the same attribute but different types. The level 1 of each searches out the rest of the archetype. The similarities go on. In any case, were they an inspiration for this set?

I hadn't thought of it like that. I wanted to make an archetype that triggers their effects when they're banished. However, I do like Fortune Ladies and would want to make support for the archetype (but that'll be on a different thread/topic), and I've seen other people's recent attempts at doing so, but they seemed too feeble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived