Imperial Iron Wall Counterpart - Forboding Citadel

gmaster1991

As you say, this card is technically a floodgate for Pendulums, so definitely would slow a few Decks down considerably.

Assuming Qlis are still relevant, it would stop them from recurring themselves to make Tribute fodder for stuff.

With the existence of this card, a lot of Decks that rely on Pendulum Summoning are going to be screwed if they do not carry MST or other forms of removal.

It is useful against Compulsory and Castel though (among other sweep removal), so there's something good about it.

Latter is seeing a lot of use lately as a staple; former, I've heard otherwise about it this time around (but yeah, it still works).

-----

But yeah, floodgate is still floodgate; especially given the fact Pendulums are a thing now; and will cripple them. 

Monarchs and a lot of other SS-light Decks do not need another card that can screw with Special Summoning.

It's inherently bad and lazy design because floodgates are actually legitimately awful for the game. It's not even one of the more interesting floodgates, just seven boring words that equate to roughly that certain decks no longer have the right to play, because how dare they use the mechanic they were designed around. Shutting down entire mechanics is extremely stupid, Doing so in one of the most least interactive and entertaining manners, even more so. Because you can always guarantee there will a good and balanced deck come out of practically every mechanic. Hell, I'd say minus a few cards, Qliphort aren't that unbalanced, really. It's just the few cards that are offenders push them over the top.

Anyone can make a card like this, it's not creative to think of a deck and just make a card that explicitly removes it from the game when activated. If you want to make sideboard cards, can we at least stop making totally binary, thoughtless and generally not well designed? Since I have such terrible opinions of floodgates, I'm not really going to suggest a fix outside of rewriting the card so that it isn't just a total hard lock on Pendulum Decks. A card like Lose 1 Turn is still terrible for the game, it's just significantly less terrible than a card like Skill Drain and Royal Oppression.

And also, Castel has been played since it released, Qli are the second/third best deck in the format, so I mean...

Archived