[Leaderboard] Death Bishop vs. Gadjiltron {VOTE NOW!}

Death Bishop

Rules:
All Leaderboard Rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

• Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable).
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
  • In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
The deadline for entry is July 25, 11:59pm (Australian Central Standard Time).

If no one has reached 3 votes, the contest will end on July 30, 11:59pm (Australian Central Standard Time). Whoever has the most votes by this date wins.

Requirement:
Create a LIGHT monster that has an effect once flipped up from either face-down Attack or Defense mode.

Entries:
[spoiler=Card A]7kYAs1s.jpg

[spoiler=Lure]FLIP: Look at the top 2 cards of your Deck. Add 1 of them to your hand, then put the other card on the bottom of the Deck. If this face-down card was destroyed by a card effect: Draw 1 card, then place 1 card from your hand on the bottom of the Deck.

[spoiler= Card B]IKHaWfE.jpg

[spoiler=Lure]FLIP: Select 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Graveyard and banish it from your control. Select 1 monster equal or less than to the Level of the monster you banished from your opponent's Graveyard. Special Summon this monster to your side of the Field.

Alright let's see here...

Card A is essentially a Crystal Seer with insurance. I suppose it could be useful is you're topdecking or really need a card to go back to deck.

Card B took me a while to get, but I think I have it. When it flips, you get to banish a LIGHT monster from your Graveyard and snag a monster from your opponent's grave with a Level equal to or less than the banished monster. In a blue eyes deck, it's essentially a snag whatever you want, but you don't really want to banish your blue eyes unless you're in a bad spot. However, Tellars would probably love this thing since they fill up the grave faster than most LIGHT decks, but they need their normal summon.

My vote goes to Card A. Card B has it's uses, but can't really function 1st turn like Card A can. 

Card A, as the above mentioned already, acts like a Crystal Seer of sorts by allowing you a free choice of card from the top 2.

Its second effect gives you a free draw if opponent Raigekis, RDA or otherwise kills it using effect removal (which is common), but you have to return a card in your hand to the bottom of the Deck.

Either way, you still get a free card (whether or not you choose it yourself, or depend on luck for it); but yeah it also has its perks for getting dead draws out of your hand.

----------------

Card B banishes a lower Leveled LIGHT in the Graveyard, then revives an equivalent/lesser monster from the opponent's Graveyard.

While yes, your opponent will likely have suitable monsters for you to take (that, and you can trigger Eclipse with this, assuming you don't screw consistency in Chaos decks), especially late-game, there'll be times where triggering this is un-ideal.

For 'tellars, wouldn't work so well given that their plays revolve around reviving stuff with Altair + whatever revival they have on them.

Banishing is counterproductive.

It has its uses, but many of them lie in Decks that don't particularly run well. 

Don't get me wrong, it is useful when the opportunity presents itself.

----------------

Card A gets it for being more flexible in terms of usage.

Archived