[Leaderboard] Dragon Sage vs Gadjiltron

Northern Sage

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is July 25th, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

-The contest ends on July 28th, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

Requirement:

Make an Extra Deck monster that banishes monsters face-down in some way.

Entries:

Card A

LRWE7Ko.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Banish the top 3 cards of each player's Deck, face-down. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish the top card of each player's Deck, face-down, then each player shuffles 1 of their face-down banished cards into the Deck. When this card leaves the field: Each player randomly adds 1 of their face-down banished cards to their hand, then places the remaining card(s) on the bottom of the Deck.

Card B:

MS0Akca.jpg

2 Level 5 monsters

You can only control 1 "Dalaketnon". When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, banish it face-down. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster banished face-down by this card's effect; Special Summon that target. When this card leaves the field: Return all monsters that were banished by this card's effect to their owner's Graveyard, and if it was destroyed by an opponent's card (by battle or card effect): Special Summon "Dalaketnon Tokens" (Zombie-type/DARK/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 0), up to the number of monsters returned. They cannot be used for a Summon, except for the Summon of a Zombie-type monster.

Card A is a nifty little thing, I'd say. It's a card somewhat reliant on chance to be effective, but it does play games with your opponent. I don't see much wrong with this at all as it impacts both players equally, though it being a 2500 DEF wall does make me a bit iffy. Not much to say here tbh except that it's a niche card that could see casual play.

Card B worries me a bit. I don't care that you can only control one of these since that'd be more than enough. It's ATK means it'd run over a lot, prevent Graveyard effects, and revive anything it destroys the following turn for shenanigans. Sure it's slow on impact, but it's design isn't that good. Based on how I read the effect, you keep the monster you Summoned if this card leaves the field since it is no longer banished. Not only that, you get tokens when this card is destroyed, giving you walls if your field is wiped clean. Lovely, a card that does a bit too much.

Card A intrigues me, hence it gets my vote. Card B just worries me too much.

Archived