[Sakura AGM] Electric Field (16/16)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Archetype of EARTH Thunder-Type monsters. Most focus on destroying cards your opponent controls at a cost (paying Life Points, discarding, banishing one of your cards, ect), while the Xyz and Synchro Monsters banish cards your opponent controls at a cost.

Alpha, Assassin of the Electric Field
Level 4 | EARTH | Thunder
You can only use the effect of "Alpha, Assassin of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) You can discard 1 "Electric Field" monster and target 1 monster on the field; destroy it.

1800/1000

Beta, Assassin of the Electric Field
You can only use the effect of "Beta, Assassin of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) You can discard "Electric Field" monster and target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

1700/1100

Gamma, Searcher of the Electric Field
You can only use the effect of "Gamma, Searcher of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Electric Field" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

1100/1700

Delta, Searcher of the Electric Field
You can only use the effect of "Delta, Searcher of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Electric Field" monster from your Deck to your hand.

1400/1400

Epsilon, Advancer of the Electric Field
Level 4 | EARTH | Thunder | Tuner
You can only use the effect of "Epsilon, Advancer of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Electric Field" monster from your Graveyard, except "Epsilon, Advancer of the Electric Field".

1300/1500

Theta, Advancer of the Electric Field
Level 4 | EARTH | Thunder | Tuner
You can only use the effect of "Theta, Advancer of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Electric Field" monster from your hand, except "Theta, Advancer of the Electric Field".

1600/1200

Eta, Enforcer of the Electric Field
You can only use the effect of "Eta, Enforcer of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) If a Spell/Trap Card is activated while you control a "Electric Field" monster: You can discard this card; negate the activation of that Spell/Trap Card, and if you do, destroy it.

1800/1000

Iota, Enforcer of the Electric Field
You can only use the effect of "Iota, Enforcer of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) If a monster effect is activated while you control a "Electric Field" monster: You can discard this card; negate the activation of that card, and if you do, destroy it.

1800/1000

Rho, Retriever of the Electric Field
You can only use the effect of "Rho, Retriever of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can shuffle up to 3 "Electric Field" monsters in your Graveyard into the Deck, then draw that many cards -1.

1500/1300

iU8EggM.png

Sigma, Assault Captain of the Electric Field
Level 8 | EARTH | Thunder | Synchro
1 "Electric Field" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Electric Field" monsters
You can only use each effect of "Sigma, Assault Captain of the Electric Field" once per turn.
(1) You can banish up to 2 "Electric Field" monsters from your Graveyard: Target an equal amount of cards on the field; banish them.
(2) If your opponent declares an attack: You can negate that attack.

2800/2200

Omega, Commander of the Electric Field

Rank 4 | EARTH | Thunder | Xyz

2 Level 4 "Electric Field" monsters.

You can only use each effect of "Omega, Commander of the Electric Field" once per turn.

(1) Once per turn: You can target up to 2 of your banished "Electric Field" monsters, and if you do, shuffle them into the Deck.

(2) If an "Electric Field" monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; target up to 2 cards in your opponent's Graveyard, and if you do, banish those targets.

2200/2000

iU8EggM.png

Electric Charge - P1

Spell/Quick-Play

(1) Tribute 1 "Electric Field" monster and target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it.

Electric Charge - P2

Spell/Quick-Play

(1) Tribute 1 "Electric Field" monster and target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it.

Electric Field Return

Spell/Quick-Play

You can only activate 1 "Electric Field Return"

(1) Special Summon 1 "Electric Field" monster (from your Graveyard).

Electrodynamic Field

Spell/Field

You can only use the (2) effect of "Electrodynamic Field" once per turn.

(1) "Electric Field" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

(2) If a "Electric Field" monster would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect): You can negate its destruction.

iU8EggM.png

Electric Field Point Explosion

Trap/Normal

You can only activate 1 "Electric Field Point Explosion" per turn.

(1) Tribute 1 "Electric Field" monster; discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand.

----------------------

As you can figure out by now, another idea farmed from the Archetype thread in Games.

This is also partly relevant to me, since I did take electronic physics (which I didn't like much) for my major.

(If you need to know, I'm a civil engineering student. Electronics isn't in my course curriculum too much; I deal with mechanics.)

Anyway, like the specs say, EARTH Thunder monsters that focus on blowing stuff up for a cost.

Come to think of it, we really have no Thunder Archetypes besides Batteries and 'hunders (and Watts); though 'hunders won't work with these.

Part of their playing style is derived from 'tellarknights and Majespecters (bar the destruction immunity) to an extent.

Main Deck is pretty much Level 4s, so you'll essentially have a monster on hand at all times. Extra Deck will have a Synchro and Xyz (working on this one).

Members have Greek names likely because of the amount of them used in the sciences/mathematics.

Don't blame me, I have to put up with them A LOT.

---------

Anyway, CnC.

Reps will be given to those of you who contribute a proper review.

This is what i really love . . . a simple archetype with single effects and really fun to play, not an archetype with "double/triple-effects, confusing text, and a weird rulings on it" (looking at you again Konami! jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~)

Anyway . . . they seems neat also their effects is complete (Monster and Spell/Trap removal, searcher, etc etc etc)

Okay, here is my thoughts on it :

1. Alpha, Assassin of the Electric Field : Okay, but looks like it's not complete yet "You can discard 1 "Electric and target 1 . . ." i presume you means "You can discard 1 "Electric Field" card and target 1 . . ."

2. Beta, Assassin of the Electric Field : Nice, but i prefer "You can discard 1 "Electric Field" card . . ." instead of "You can discard 1 card . . ." card so it isn't easily being abused.

3. Gamma, Searcher of the Electric Field : Searcher, one of the key cards here. But Tuner? Umm . . . since this card is slow so i prefer non-Tuner instead (but still wait on the Spell/Trap you mentioned)

4. Delta, Searcher of the Electric Field : Same as above.

5. Epsilon, Advancer of the Electric Field : 1 card combo for Sync'ing Stigma, yea good and mostly run 3 of this card.

6. Eta, Enforcer of the Electric Field : Yay! You can't play YGO XD (just kidding :P) seems okay. (i prefer this card much like . . . hand effects instead so like "If a Spell/Trap Card is activated while you control a face-up "Electric Field" monster: You can discard this card; negate the activation of that Spell/Trap Card, and if you do, destroy it." So it doesn't slow you down by eating your Normal Summon.

7. Iota, Enforcer of the Electric Field : Same as above.

8. Rho, Retriever of the Electric Field : Recycler, since you might discard "A LOT" so . . . this card helps (but i prefer if this card is Spell/Trap instead, so it doesn't slow you down, refer to No. 6)

9. Sigma, Assault Captain of the Electric Field : Typical of Boss monster, but since you might be discarding "a lot" of cards while playing this archetype, discarding again (and it's 2) so like . . . "uhh not again", so i prefer banish or shuffle Electric Card from Grave instead as a cost rather than discard again. (and again, still wait for the Spell/Trap)

[spoiler=Lastly, this archetype best friends ^w^'']SpiritualEarthArt-KuroganeDR04-EN-C-UE.p

Hope this helps~

EDIT : You missing a card that SS a monster from hand (to give it more speed)

I meant to put discard 1 "Electric Field" monster on both of the Assassins; must've forgotten to put that part when I did final checks.

Was going through either LP payment or generic discarding, but ultimately chose on discarding Archetype members.

As for the Enforcers, yeah I think making them as hand traps should be better.

I have added Theta to deal with the SSing from hand.

Remember when I said their playstyle was partly influenced by 'tellarknights? The Advancers are essentially Altair and Vega.

Delta is essentially Deneb (and Gamma is the S/T counterpart)

In terms of the searchers, I've changed them to non-Tuners and instead gave the Tuner status to the Advancers (because they will set up for that boss very quickly).

Although they have a clause to restrict them from SSing other copies of themselves (the aforementioned 'tellars have that clause, and they are relatively popular in usage).

Added some Spell/Trap Cards, although first two are technically based on Majespecter Cyclone to an extent.

Field Return is their (weaker) equivalent of U.A. Turnover Tactics, although it's good if you want to swap out Electric Field monsters and trigger stuff again.

Trap Card (Point Charge) is your non-targeting removal, although limited to face-ups.

The Field cannot be searched via Gamma, but you have Terraforming for that.

------

As for the wording, I use the hybrid PSCT because it's easier to understand (and less of a pain to write multiple "You can only use this effect once per turn").

But yeah, simple effects are good.

[spoiler=Lastly, this archetype best friends ^w^'']SpiritualEarthArt-KuroganeDR04-EN-C-UE.p

Forget about that, COTH is better

And yes i already knew, pretty much like how "tellarknight" works, but i'm more appreciate this since "tellarknight" is Warrior-Type, searchable by ROTA (reminds me of play "searching searcher of your searcher" thing, which is sad u.u) and but the pluses of being Thunder-Type is [spoiler=this'']RecyclingBatteries-BP03-EN-C-1E.png

not something easy like ROTA (which straight from Deck)

Continue~

1. Electric Charge - P1 : seems okay

2. Electric Charge - P2 : same

3. Electric Field Return : Too OP, since you can "renew" monster or use it during BP (might want to put some restrictions or change the effs a bit)

4. Electrodynamic Field : Yay . . . (but for some reason, i don't really like continuous searcher, it just like . . . unhealthy? but not as broken as Qli Scout which +1 each turn) but yea too good imo

5. Electric Field Point Explosion : same as no. 1 (but you already has P1 and P2 so . . . either this, P1 or P2 is optional)

Yay it's afternoon here but i'm sleepy =.=zzZ

I changed Electrodynamic to provide OPT destruction protection instead of shuffling stuff, though it'll help if you brick + don't draw any members.

It tends to happen in Majespecters sometimes.

As for Return, changed it to a revival card for them (although it can still revive the Synchro and the Xyz, whenever I get to it).

Then again, Turnover is still a big play in U.A, but they're harder to get going lately, as opposed to these, which are blessed with being Level 4.

For Explosion, the only difference between it and the point charges (yeah, those are meant to be point charges) is that it's non-targeting removal (it'll still take something out, regardless if opponent has other plans); the Spell Cards both target. Although, I changed it to kill the hand (that's your only way of doing it here).

Am I the only one who noticed that the Assassins' card text refers to them as Enforcers?

You can only use the effect of "Alpha, Enforcer of the Electric Field" once per turn.

You can only use the effect of "Beta, Enforcer of the Electric Field" once per turn.

You probably renamed the monsters at some point, but now the card text makes no sense.

On the whole, it's basically an archetype of grave plays that you recycle and recover from (and it's assumed your opponent won't), which handles really nicely.

I originally had the first two named Enforcer, but because their effects are destruction-based, I changed them to Assassin.

(I've fixed it, but you could've probably guessed that it's still a hard limiter on them).

But yes, it uses the Graveyard very often (like most Decks nowadays).

The Xyz will probably deal with returning stuff that Sigma banishes.

Archived