Colliding Souls joint With Stars: Collision Summon!

DarkLight101

I originally posted this on a subreddit, but figured that this place would be more appropriate. 

The game already has many methods of summoning, but despite that, i'd like to throw my coin into this fountain.

Ladies and Gentlemen, i present to you:

Collision Summoning

Collision summoning is a method of summoning inspired by the collision of galaxies and atoms, as well as cards such as Black Luster Soldier- Envy of Beginning. Which require the banishing of monsters with two different attributes.

How it Works.

Each player can have a total of 8 Collision Monsters (Obviously not counting the side-deck). They can keep a max of 3 in there extra deck and 5 at the bottom of the main deck. During main-phase 1 or two, the player can add 1 Collision monster to their hand from either of the previously mentioned areas. A player can only have 1 Collision Monster in their hand at a time and can only be added to their hand once per turn (unless stated otherwise by card effects) If a player can only draw Collision Monsters, they deck out. When the player wishes to summon the Collision monster, they player must banish monsters from either the Extra-Deck, Graveyard, or field. The banished monsters must be face-up. Than, they special summon the collision monster from their hand. The required material is usually monsters of different attributes. And yes, Pendulum-Collisions can exist. 

Collision Monsters

Collision Monsters are Dark-Blue card monsters. They can have 1 or more attributes. Collision Monsters have mana instead of Ranks or Levels - which is an essential cost for their effects. The majority of Collision monsters have negative effects when they lack Mana. 

Example:

bFtK8eI.png

EARTH & WATER

Mana:5

Effect: You can pay 1 mana to negate the destruction of a card. That card's effect is negated until the end-phase. If this card has no mana, switch it to defense position. It's position cannot be switched and is banished when destroyed.

3500A/2500D

the above is an example of a Collision Monster. The mana are the stars. Image found on google. Belongs to Castleage. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/castleage/images/f/f5/Monster_glacius_large.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110423021226 is the link for the image. Card made with Paint.Net and these card templates:  http://orig13.deviantart.net/bdcb/f/2011/050/c/2/yugioh_card_template_by_pyruvate-d2jaqvx.jpg

Explanations

Collision Monsters have different attributes because, well. No other monster has that (besides the ones that declare it by effect). They have mana to compensate for there usually over-powered effects. Seeing how most other cards are pretty infinite in terms of effects. 

​Anime/miscellaneous

So, how would Collision Monsters work in the anime? how would they be summoned? Well, Like this.

The player declares that they are "Atomizing" the material. A black-sphere appears out of the ground and the required material turns into blobs of energy of monster-dependent color (To put it simply. It's the main colors of the monster. Red-Eyes black dragon would turn into a sillouhete of red and black.)  the player than shouts his cheesy summon chant. Shouts something along the lines of "Now Collide!" or "Collide with my soul!" (whatever floats their boat) and than the monsters collide into the black-sphere, which explodes into an atom-like pattern. The monster than appears. 

E.G

"I'm atomizing my Water-Attribute Abyss Soldier with my Earth-Attribute Ancient Gear Golem! (The monsters become silhouettes of their main color and orbit around the black-sphere). [insert cheesy summon chant here]. Now Collide (Monsters will now collide into the sphere)! The Roaring Hammer of Ice: Heldor, The Frost Giant!" 

i'd appreciate feed-back (Both good and criticizing). If you'd like to make your own Collision Monsters, I made a template for them using the previously mentioned template and paint.net.  Here's the Collision Monster Template:

4eGCRle.png

. You need a program like paint.net that can handle invisible backgrounds. In order to make mixed attributes, simply copy-and-paste half of one attribute and half of another. Re-size if necessary. If you'd like to make a Pendulum-Collision monster. Here's a template.

ZPtVVPe.png

Keep in mind, i have yet to make a Pendulum-Collision. So this is experimental. I'd appreciate it if you showed me your creations down bellow :D

Thanks for Reading! As said before, i appreciate criticism. 

Edit: Made things neater. 

I'm adding this to my list of YCM alt summoning mechanics. I really like this concept, but can you pay mana if you have 1 left? Also you can't Synchro or Xyz with these monsters, that kinda sucks tbh, but whatever.

Give me that list plz

Yes you can pay mana if you have 1 left, but if you have none, you can't do anything with the monster.

As for the summoning method, I like it. I feel it is rather unique and interesting. Would other cards be able to draw on the Mana?

Give me that list plz

Yes you can pay mana if you have 1 left, but if you have none, you can't do anything with the monster.

As for the summoning method, I like it. I feel it is rather unique and interesting. Would other cards be able to draw on the Mana?

Yes, actually. Here's an example:

Spirit Booster

Spell

Select 1 Collision Monster and 1 other monster. Decrease the collision monsters mana to increase the other monsters attack points, 1 Mana = 1000 attack points.

Or

Galactic singular escape

Trap

Select 1 collision monster on the field; you can decrease 1 Mana to return 1 card on the field.

Just some OCG fixes for you:

Galactic singular escape

Normal Trap

You can decrease the Mana of 1 Collision monster you control by 1, then target 1 card on the field; Return it the hand.

Spirit Booster

Normal Spell

Target 1 face-up monster on the field, then decrease the Mana of 1 Collision monster by any number (min. 1); Decrease the ATK of the target by the amount of Mana removed x1000.

As I said, really enjoy this concept!

I'm adding this to my list of YCM alt summoning mechanics. I really like this concept, but can you pay mana if you have 1 left? Also you can't Synchro or Xyz with these monsters, that kinda sucks tbh, but whatever.

I might change "Mana" into "Mana-Levels" so you can XYZ and synchro with them. Just might be a bit OP.

Also, may I ask what this "YCM at summoning mechanic" list is?

Just some OCG fixes for you:

Galactic singular escape

Normal Trap

You can decrease the Mana of 1 Collision monster you control by 1, then target 1 card on the field; Return it the hand.

Spirit Booster

Normal Spell

Target 1 face-up monster on the field, then decrease the Mana of 1 Collision monster by any number (min. 1); Decrease the ATK of the target by the amount of Mana removed x1000.

As I said, really enjoy this concept!

Thank you!

Galactic escape was supposed to return to your deck but whatever. Thanks for fixing it.

Thank you!

Galactic escape was supposed to return to your deck but whatever. Thanks for fixing it.

It said "return" so generally that would mean "return to the hand". If you want to put it in the Deck, it's either "Place on the top of the Deck", "Place on the bottom of the Deck" or "shuffle into the Deck".

YCM Alt(ernate) Summoning Mechanics. Just a list that person has of all the different Summoning methods people at YCM have created.

a list of summoning methods made by other people...

I had the idea of writing a story where Synchro, fusion, XYZ and possibly pendulum didn't exist in an alternate universe with different counterparts.

I.e Collision could be a counterpart to fusion. StI'll need two or three more counterparts though.

a list of summoning methods made by other people...

I had the idea of writing a story where Synchro, fusion, XYZ and possibly pendulum didn't exist in an alternate universe with different counterparts.

I.e Collision could be a counterpart to fusion. StI'll need two or three more counterparts though.

I made a Summon type too, you can look if you want.

Well, if you honestly want counterparts, I created Mnemonic Summon, which was essentially an inverse Synchro Summon plus a countdown timer.

How it Works:

First, you need "Remembrance" in your Graveyard. Easy to do, because activating it sends it to grave immediately.

Second, get the required Materials.

Third, shuffle "Remembrance" back into your Deck, banish the Materials, and Mnemonic Summon the Mnemonic monster you want.

Instead of requiring a certain Level, "Mnemonic" monsters wind up with a certain Level depending on the combined Level/Rank of its mats. They lose 1 Level every turn, and when they hit 0 . . . they die, and take everything with them.

Well, if you honestly want counterparts, I created Mnemonic Summon, which was essentially an inverse Synchro Summon plus a countdown timer.

How it Works:

First, you need "Remembrance" in your Graveyard. Easy to do, because activating it sends it to grave immediately.

Second, get the required Materials.

Third, shuffle "Remembrance" back into your Deck, banish the Materials, and Mnemonic Summon the Mnemonic monster you want.

Instead of requiring a certain Level, "Mnemonic" monsters wind up with a certain Level depending on the combined Level/Rank of its mats. They lose 1 Level every turn, and when they hit 0 . . . they die, and take everything with them.

So my entire field is wiped with them? That seems a bit to OP. perhaps have all other monster be shuffled into the deck?

It was a mechanic for a story, and admittedly hitting yourself with a Raigeki may be beneficial for some Decks . . . if you feel the need, you can make the change.

Well, I might toy with these. Sonex seems interesting. But i need to ask a few questions before i even begin story planning:

How would it look like in the anime (if it existed there)? I explained how Collision Summoning looks in the anime (and eventually Galactic Collisions). Would beams of light draw out the monster or something? I can't seem to think of a special idea. I might post  one later. 

As for Mnemonic summon: Here are my thoughts. 

Time-based monsters seem like a great idea. I might remove the mass-destruction though. That seems a bit annoying. I do have a few suggestions. like changing the name to "Temporal Monsters" (I find it easier to say). 

Here's how i think they should be set:

Each Temporal Monster has a Temporal maximum (So you can't spam them onto the field for a long time) and a temporal minimum (So you can't spam level 1 Temporals). I think you should drop remembrance completely, perhaps use it like a "Rank-Up" card. It makes Temporals harder to summon vs Synchros. 

Anime

Here's how i think Temporal summon would happen in the anime:

. A giant swirling vortex of silver, white, and blue appears behind the player, Various numbers from different languages come in and out of this vortex. The required material than enters the vortex, causing an explosion. The monster then appears out of the explosion. 

E.G:"Using the level 3 Junk Synchron, and the level 2 dopplewarrior. I open the Gates of Time!( Vortex appears. Monsters enter the vortex)"[insert cheesy summon chant]". "Temporal Summon! Wisdom King, Astral Magician!" 

Wisdom King, Astral Magician.

Temporal Minimum: 5

Temporal Maximum:10

LIGHT

Temporal/Spellcaster/Effect

Once per turn; you can add 1 Spell card from your deck to your hand and gain 500 life points. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

2500/3000

The card itself is Silver with gold highlights. Giving it a bit of an "aged" look. The clock on the far-left is the minimum. The clock on the far right is the max. 

Here's the template for it: http://imgur.com/I9dyxZJ

That's just my take on Temporal/Mnemonic Monsters. I hope you like it. 

The monsters used to Sonex Summon would become glowing forms of energy, and would start to emit rings of energy, similar to sound waves, towards where the monster would be Summoned. These rings would go over the form of the monster, slowly making it more and more distinct until the monster would glow and reveal his full form.

The monsters used to Sonex Summon would become glowing forms of energy, and would start to emit rings of energy, similar to sound waves, towards where the monster would be Summoned. These rings would go over the form of the monster, slowly making it more and more distinct until the monster would glow and reveal his full form. 

Seems like a great idea! I'm also gonna make upgraded forms (Star Collision will require two Collision monsters. Galactic Would require Three. Universal would require 4 high level ones. etc) If you're able to. can you tell me if there are upgraded forms? Also, what color is the card? sorry if this seems to much. Just want to know :P

It's fine. Card Color would be RED. Sonex Ascenscion would require a Sonex monster(s) to be one or more of the materials, Sonex Revelation would require only Sonex monsters, and Sonex Destruction would be a powerful kind that requires a specific monster and can use your opponent's monster(s) as well.

It's fine. Card Color would be RED. Sonex Ascenscion would require a Sonex monster(s) to be one or more of the materials, Sonex Revelation would require only Sonex monsters, and Sonex Destruction would be a powerful kind that requires a specific monster and can use your opponent's monster(s) as well.

Cool! I'll  use that as well. 

"Mnemonic" (pronounced numb-mon-ick) means "having to deal with memory". Flavor-wise, they're just that- memories.

Thematically, they're the opposite of Synchros. Synchro monsters represent the future, things speeding up, and the evolution of power. Mnemonics, on the other hand, represent a glorified past, rewinding the clock, and a "lost technology" feel.

In the anime, here's closer to what I was imagining- note that this is a scene from a cancelled attempt at writing an anime:

[spoiler=Mnemonic Summon]

"So, that's all?" Victor asked smugly. "This is the exact same trick you used last time, and I have the exact same monster I beat you with last time on the field." He gestured at Platune Sergeant Song Dragon, which roared as if in response.

"Not quite," Percival said. "There's an additional element to this Summon. By sending Remembrance from my Graveyard back to my Deck, I can use my three Orcs as Material for a lost variety of Summon. We must recall the ancient power, and remember its purpose!"

The trio of grunting pig-monsters seemed to melt into a blue ripple, which thrummed in a steady rhythm until there was a lake of blue at the disgraced Duelist's feet. "I Mnemonic Summon! Come forth from my memories, and unleash your fury upon this ungrateful world! I call to thee from the depths of history! Rise from the depths, Deity of Rage- Asura!"

From the thrumming ripple, a red-bodied, multi-armed monster rose with hateful malice, brandishing a weapon in each of its arms.

[Deity of Rage- Asura

DARK - Level 12? - Fiend/Mnemonic/Effect - 3400/0]

Although some of your Temporal changes are cool (The minimum and maximum, for instance), they don't go with the "theme" of Mnemonics as they were. In fact, they were supposed to be a villain-only thing for close to half an arc,

i love looking at experimental cards, and this is exactly the reason, just being about to see what comes out of the crazy minds of duelist, now, the summon itself is very interesting, having powerful effects that have a limited number of uses that's somewhat similar to a contact fusion, i'd use it, as a powerful alturnitive to Xyz the way i look at it, i also love the fact that you added a anime animation for it, which is something i don't see much of

i love looking at experimental cards, and this is exactly the reason, just being about to see what comes out of the crazy minds of duelist, now, the summon itself is very interesting, having powerful effects that have a limited number of uses that's somewhat similar to a contact fusion, i'd use it, as a powerful alturnitive to Xyz the way i look at it, i also love the fact that you added a anime animation for it, which is something i don't see much of

Yeah. I wanna make a full story without modifying existing story like most fanfic. I just don't feel comfortable putting my character beside Yusei doing X and X thing instead of what actually happened. So i kind of needed to make the animations. I did consider that Collisions would be a mix between Fusion and XYZ

"Mnemonic" (pronounced numb-mon-ick) means "having to deal with memory". Flavor-wise, they're just that- memories.

Thematically, they're the opposite of Synchros. Synchro monsters represent the future, things speeding up, and the evolution of power. Mnemonics, on the other hand, represent a glorified past, rewinding the clock, and a "lost technology" feel.

In the anime, here's closer to what I was imagining- note that this is a scene from a cancelled attempt at writing an anime:

[spoiler=Mnemonic Summon]

"So, that's all?" Victor asked smugly. "This is the exact same trick you used last time, and I have the exact same monster I beat you with last time on the field." He gestured at Platune Sergeant Song Dragon, which roared as if in response.

"Not quite," Percival said. "There's an additional element to this Summon. By sending Remembrance from my Graveyard back to my Deck, I can use my three Orcs as Material for a lost variety of Summon. We must recall the ancient power, and remember its purpose!"

The trio of grunting pig-monsters seemed to melt into a blue ripple, which thrummed in a steady rhythm until there was a lake of blue at the disgraced Duelist's feet. "I Mnemonic Summon! Come forth from my memories, and unleash your fury upon this ungrateful world! I call to thee from the depths of history! Rise from the depths, Deity of Rage- Asura!"

From the thrumming ripple, a red-bodied, multi-armed monster rose with hateful malice, brandishing a weapon in each of its arms.

[Deity of Rage- Asura

DARK - Level 12? - Fiend/Mnemonic/Effect - 3400/0]

Although some of your Temporal changes are cool (The minimum and maximum, for instance), they don't go with the "theme" of Mnemonics as they were. In fact, they were supposed to be a villain-only thing for close to half an arc,

Ah. I should've clarified the use for them. My original idea for a plot was this:

the main character enters a duel with a strange being. After setting the pendulum scale, the resulting energy between the Dark Synchro monster the protagonist was facing and the protagonist's pendulum scale managed to rip a whole in space and time. Where he is taken to an alternate universe where instead of Fusion, XYZ, and Synchro. They have Collision and whatever else. The deck there are structured differently, working around their summoning methods. So when the new player arrives with Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ. Most decks aren't capable of handling them. So the main character has many people watching him, wanting to harness the power of XYZ, Fusion and Synchro for whatever purpose. All while the main character has to deal with his issues and has to get back home.

So yeah. The summoning methods where literally supposed to be counterparts. something the alternate universe uses. Although, i might rework the plot. It seems good for now. 

Direct counterparts make for a more plodding and predictable plot, though. Your "Collision" setup, as mentioned above, mixes some elements of Xyz and Contact Fusion. Mnemonic, then, is like regular Fusion mixed with Synchro Summon.

The plot doesn't need to change much for it- in fact, the intermingling Summon methods could create interesting interactions, like Pendulum Xyz in Arc-V.

Archived