[Leaderboard] Striker vs Yuuji Kazami II

Nathanael D. Striker

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
Cards must be submitted through PM by 3:00pm PST on 3/2.
First to 3 votes or most by 10:30pm PST on 3/5 wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
The contestants and I have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why we don't accept it.
Contestants have 12 hours after the last vote is cast to refuse any vote within reason.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
Create a Pendulum Monster with a hand trap monster effect.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

Counter Strike Force
DARK, Level 3
2/2
Fiend/Pendulum/Effect
1400/1000
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn: You target 1 Level/Rank 4 or lower monster; it cannot be targeted by other card effects, until the end of the turn.
Monster Effect: If an opponent's card effect is activated that would destroy a monster(s) you control: You can discard this card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Card B

Deceit

DARK

Level:✪✪✪✪

[Fiend/Pendulum/Effect]

ATK/1900 DEF/1100

Scale 3

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a DARK monster you control declares an attack on an opponent's monster: You can activate this effect; its ATK becomes 100 points higher than the opponent’s monster it is battling, until the end of this turn. During the End Phase, if you used this card’s effect: destroy this card.

Monster Effect: During either player's Damage Step, when a DARK monster you control battles: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; that monster’s ATK becomes 100 points higher than the highest face-up monster's ATK on the field, until the end of this turn.

Imma talk about Card B first, because DISHONEST :D . Monster effect and Pend effect, so you don't even have to play pends if you want to use this card, considering it is just a slightly weaker Honest for DARK that is made up for by a Pend effect. Scale is iffy, but then again DARK doesn't exactly Pend Summon, so it doesn't really matter. And considering the popularity of Dark in today's Meta, it might actually see some siding, if not main decking. Not too powerful, and the card makes a nice generic, so I like it.

Card A is stardust dragon hand trap that doubles as anti-targeting thing during either player's turn. This is more Generic card than B, and really helps just plain countering rather than support. It has a better scale than Card B for a generic card, and to be honest, I think it would be much more played than Card B due to the fact that, well, it can block quite a few things, such as Raigeki and Compuls and other heavily played targeting/destruction cards, even if destruction and targeting aren't that much of a thing today.

My vote is for Card A for the sole reason of being more generic, and so, more useful. I love B, but....yeah.

Imma talk about Card B first, because DISHONEST :D . Monster effect and Pend effect, so you don't even have to play pends if you want to use this card, considering it is just a slightly weaker Honest for DARK that is made up for by a Pend effect. Not too powerful, and the card makes a nice generic, so I like it.

Card A is stardust dragon hand trap that doubles as anti-targeting thing during either player's turn. This is more Generic card than B, and really helps just plain countering rather than support. It has a better scale than Card B for a generic card, and to be honest, I think it would be much more played than Card B due to the fact that, well, it can block quite a few things, even if destruction and targeting aren't that much of a thing today.

My vote is for Card A for the sole reason of being more generic, and so, more useful. I love B, but....yeah.

Hmm. If you can Dova, please elaborate on your vote more. You only used 2 sentences to talk about card A.

For Card B, can you please specify on what you mean by "block quite a few things". 

Card A is basically Stardust in terms of monster effect; not sure about what card its P-effect rips off, but both effects are nice. Though, the P-effect is essentially mandatory given the wording, so while it's nice against common removal like Castel and such, you are also barred from the use of your own effects (whatever they may be). Might've been better if you had the choice to protect your monster or not, but most of the time, you'll be using it during the opponent's turn anyway (and likely on Xyz or something). The anti-destruction effect is nice, especially with certain cards still running around (though things are moving to bounce removal lately).That, and its Scale is nice enough for most Pendulum Decks to make use of (well, it's the lowest you're going to get without slapping on restrictions)

Card B is essentially a DARK equivalent of the Wicked Avatar / Honest. DARK Decks are seeing a lot of play, yes, so this would be worth a slot if you have room; however, much like Honest's case with LIGHTs, simple stat boosting isn't as efficient as it would be in an earlier era. It's nice for running over stuff that you wouldn't be able to, but in the end, it just boils down to being a Honest for DARKs that isn't as amazing (Wicked Avatar instead of adding the other monster's power to it). At least it still has a sizable body for attacking if need-be. 

----

In this day and age, I'd prefer A for being able to deal with removal and being generic, so that's where my vote is going. 

Archived