Groundmole Dragon

Nede

K8ySw8V.jpg

Tell me your thoughts guys! Open for suggestions and constructive criticism!

Basically, I got the inspiration from the animal mole, that could hide in the ground to protect themselves and would come back to the surface again later. I admit, the effect is inspired and similiar to Angel Of Zera, but well yeah...

I can't really say much for this card. Once it detaches its material, it will lose the other material, and the only thing you're getting out of it is a 2400 beater. I suggest giving something, well, more, that way banishing it has some practical use.

It reminds me of Wind-Up Rabbit. However, while that card could be used to set up Xyz plays after it returned, this seems counterproductive, as it doesn't do anything otherwise, and as mentioned above, even loses it's other Xyz Material.

I understand what you guys are trying to say, but the fact that this card can ALWAYS Special Summon itself when it is in the Banished Zone without any cost, I already found it strong enough and I'm afraid making it OP by adding more effects to it.

But if I may ask, what other effects should be added? Destroy 1 face-uo monster when it is SSed from the Banished Zone?

Guest BGMCANN0N

Ideally I would add another effect to this guy... Like say: if Special Summoned by this effect:  destroy 1 card... Also, you could have an effect that could re-attach the lost Xyz material to give it extra effect uses when he Special Summoned back on the field. Try those possibilities.

It looks nothing like a dragon, but okay. Also, please try to write out your card texts. Sometimes the image doesn't load properly, which can make it difficult for people to figure out what the card is.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

It's a fun effect, but considering what it is, it's kind of useless. Since you'll only get to use it once, and it basically causes you to -1, it's kind of contradictory to what you would want to do. If it had another effect to justify doing that, then that would help. Bear in mind that you'd have to detach the Xyz materials in order for it to be banished.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I'd suggest you add an effect while it has Xyz materials, so that it has justification for being banished in the first place, and then something good while it's banished. Also kind of weird that it has to target itself, and the fact that it's during your Main Phase only. If it could come back at any time, that would make it immensely better. 

Since it's not archetype specific, it can't be too good, but at this point, it's mediocre at best, only really being good because it's unique. Despite this, the potential is there.

Archived