[Written] Pendulum HERO Stratos

Monarch King

WIND

Warrior/Pendulum/Effect

Level 4

Pendulum Scale 2

ATK 1800, DEF 300

Pendulum Effect

Your opponent cannot target "HERO" monsters you control with card effects. You can target any number of Spell/Trap cards on the field, up to the number of "HERO" monsters you control; destroy both them and this card. You can only use this effect of "Pendulum HERO Stratos" once per turn.

Monster Effect

If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Pendulum HERO Stratos". You can only use this effect of "Pendulum HERO Stratos" once per turn.

Outclassing eccentric archfiend by making that monster part of an actually good archtype, better stats (especially atk and level), can mass destroy spells/traps for actually summoning heroes, a better monster effect (search any archtype monster > target and destroy a monster) ... this does not sound like an all too good idea, let alone would heroes care that much, however that balancing itself is problematic.

Outclassing eccentric archfiend by making that monster part of an actually good archtype

Archfiend Eccentrick is something generic, Pendulum HERO Stratos is only for HEROes. And something important: Emergency Call cannot search him so only the 1 Rota and Mist but wait..you want Mist for the "add Mask Change" eff, don't you?

Alright let's see what we have here.

Effect:

This is what Stratos' effect should've been, it can still search "HERO" monsters but it is more balanced now since searching now requires the monster to be Special Summoned and the effect only activates once per turn.

Pendulum Effect:

Ok its first effect is pretty good for preventing stuff like Castel from targeting your "HERO" monsters, and its second effect looks balanced so far, at least it requires you to destroy this card for the effect to activate and it is a once per turn effect now.

Stats:

This monster's stats are good for a Level 4 I guess, 1800 ATK is good enough to swing through most Level 4 or lower monsters.

Other:

This card cannot be searched with "E-Emergency Call" which I kinda get but I still think the card should be treated as an "Elemental HERO" in the Deck or something since the card would still be balanced and wouldn't make "HERO's" broken, oh and this card should increase Masked HERO Divine Wind plays since now we have a good WIND HERO instead of having to use something like Form Change or Avian to be able to get the card out.

Verdict:

This is the balancing that Stratos needed so it looks like you did pretty well with balancing Stratos by seperating its original effects and limiting their effects to a once per turn activation.

The monster effect is fine, and still keeps HEROs fair enough. But yeah, I'd agree that Stratos needs a hard OPT on its effect to be permitted back into the TCG (OCG seems not to have an issue with it as-is at 1). Although, it's reliant on you using something like A Hero Lives or whatever other Pendulum you run in HEROs, however I do recall grading someone else's 1v1 (ah right, the above user's), so the cards there would work here. 

I will agree with Highlander that this is a strictly better Eccentrick for HEROs, even if it is basically a retrained Stratos. I mean, protection from targeting effects is nice and that, I can get behind on. But yeah, iffy on the rest of it, even if he already had that thing as a trigger effect (though right now, I think they can pop up to maybe 2-3 if they aren't going Rank 4 spam and using their members).

----

The hard OPT effects on both are fine though; in general, only real issue is the S/T destruction effect. 

Archived