[Written] Pot of Artistry

Thomas★Zero

To be fair, I really don't see a Deck that can necessarily use this; given that most Decks are Archetypal and generally share the same Attribute and Type (however there are some exceptions). Taking into consideration the current meta, I don't think there are many Decks that can actually use this; maybe outside HEROs or something (but even those have some issues, given the common cards that see play in there).

You can get away with just requiring the same Type to be honest; the Attribute difference makes it hard to use this properly otherwise outside of certain Decks and recycling certain ED monsters.

To be fair, I really don't see a Deck that can necessarily use this; given that most Decks are Archetypal and generally share the same Attribute and Type (however there are some exceptions). Taking into consideration the current meta, I don't think there are many Decks that can actually use this; maybe outside HEROs or something (but even those have some issues, given the common cards that see play in there).

You can get away with just requiring the same Type to be honest; the Attribute difference makes it hard to use this properly otherwise outside of certain Decks and recycling certain ED monsters.

Yang Zing would be able to use this being all Wyrm Monsters with different attributes.

Yang Zing would be able to use this being all Wyrm Monsters with different attributes.

Yeah, I temporarily forgot about them when I wrote initial comments; YZ are a definite candidate for this card's usage. 

While they can use it, this is somewhat inferior to Path, which lets you draw another card for the same amount of effort. I'm not too familiar with how current YZ function (well, barring the new Synchro they got) and how much they need to recycle in the Deck, but I don't see a reason to run this over Path for the most part; aside from recycling generic Wyrms they happen to use. 

Suppose you can use 1 copy of this for that purpose though. 

To be blatantly honest, it's a better card now that you've added the fact they don't all have to be the same type, but I've gotta say: as a Yang Zing player, I'd never really play this over Path, and I would most likely side this if I know I'm going into a longer game round two. Even then, I'd only side one, at most. This card just isn't all that good (compared to Path) since it only recycles 3 and adds 1, which offsets the loss of hand advantage, but doesn't do all that much in the long run. It's pretty good in HEROs, I guess, and Aliens, but other than that, I'm blanking on a meta archetype that works with this. (Maybe Ritual Beasts? Or Zefra?) I guess Dragons could count, but I'm pretty sure Blue-Eyes just uses its own archetype's cards, and maybe some Galaxy-Eyes stuff, but other than that...?

Anyways, my point is that it's a nice attempt, but it'll never surpass YZ Path and no meta deck could use this effeciently. It's a nice effort, again, but besides rogue decks like Aliens (which have to risk running less-than-stellar cards to make it work, i.e. Hunter or Telepath) this card just isn't that useful. Sorry, but I can't even think of a fix for this. Sakura covered everything I would've, besides adding a "draw 2" to it, over the "draw 1".

Archived