Akahime Swordmistress

The Nyx Avatar

AWNTNQE.jpg

LORE:2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent would Special Summon a monster from the Deck or activate a card effect that would Special Summon a monster from the Deck: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the Summon or effect and if you do, destroy the card. Banished cards cannot be moved. If this card battles a Special Summoned monster: You can pay 800 Life Points; increase this card's ATK by 600 until the end of the Damage Step.

I can probably see this card being used as a counter against stuff like Blue-Eyes (see White Stone of Ancients, Maiden/Sage, etc) and those are still prevalent, so that helps. Basically, it's Solemn Warning but limited to SSing things. Second effect can deal with stuff like Kozmos by preventing former from using the Field Spell to retrieve used members and I guess Chaos decks (Eclipse Wyvern); also stops Pot of Avidity. ATK boost is more/less fine and pretty much will let it run over most common bosses (bar Monarchs, Magnus and some other heavy bosses).

Stat-wise, it's strong enough to do what it needs to; that, and it's a Rekindling target for whatever that's worth. So yeah, it's fine from what I can make out of this.

I can probably see this card being used as a counter against stuff like Blue-Eyes (see White Stone of Ancients, Maiden/Sage, etc) and those are still prevalent, so that helps. Basically, it's Solemn Warning but limited to SSing things. Second effect can deal with stuff like Kozmos by preventing former from using the Field Spell to retrieve used members and I guess Chaos decks (Eclipse Wyvern); also stops Pot of Avidity. ATK boost is more/less fine and pretty much will let it run over most common bosses (bar Monarchs, Magnus and some other heavy bosses).

Stat-wise, it's strong enough to do what it needs to; that, and it's a Rekindling target for whatever that's worth. So yeah, it's fine from what I can make out of this.

Yeah; getting over Kozmo was the main intention I had with this card, while still making it a Generic Rank 4 Xyz monster.

Let's see. A generick Rank 4 Special Summoned using 2 LV4's that prevents Kozmo and Blue-Eyes from Special Summoning monsters from the Deck? And prevents banished monsters from leaving the banished zone? That's a nice monster you got there. It prevents Sage, White Stone of Ancients and Maiden from Special Summoning Blue-Eyes WD from the Deck, it also prevents Kozmo monsters from Special Summoning when they are destroyed and prevents Kozmotown from returning a banished Kozmo to the hand. Its ATK boosting effect is also nice for running over Special Summoned bosses like BEWD and Kozmo Dark Destroyer. Overall, I give it a score of 8/10 as i'd personally run it at 1 in a Rank 4 Spam Deck so yeah its a great card. Oh btw, maybe you should change the "Banished cards cannot be moved" to "Banished cards cannot be returned to the hand, Deck, Extra Deck, field or Graveyard" for correct OCG.

Let's see. A generick Rank 4 Special Summoned using 2 LV4's that prevents Kozmo and Blue-Eyes from Special Summoning monsters from the Deck? And prevents banished monsters from leaving the banished zone? That's a nice monster you got there. It prevents Sage, White Stone of Ancients and Maiden from Special Summoning Blue-Eyes WD from the Deck, it also prevents Kozmo monsters from Special Summoning when they are destroyed and prevents Kozmotown from returning a banished Kozmo to the hand. Its ATK boosting effect is also nice for running over Special Summoned bosses like BEWD and Kozmo Dark Destroyer. Overall, I give it a score of 8/10 as i'd personally run it at 1 so yeah great card. Oh btw, maybe you should change the "Banished cards cannot be moved" to "Banished cards cannot leave the Banished Zone" for correct OCG.

Just a little note that "banished zone" isn't an actual term used for banished cards; that's just used by players to describe where stuff goes (even though it would sound better when written properly in PSCT and all). So yeah, Nyx's wording is fine as far as card grammar goes; "moved" isn't really a term used either, but we get the idea is to restrict banished cards from going back to the hand, Deck, ED, Graveyard or being SS'd with effects like Escape from the Dark Dimension, etc.

"Banished cards cannot be returned to the hand, Deck, Extra Deck, field or Graveyard." (I suppose you can try this wording too, albeit longer, but otherwise we get what the card does [both should mean the same thing]).

Archived