[Leaderboard] Tori Vs. Black D'Sceptyr

towitori

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply
-First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
-All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
-In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is September 16, 12:00 AM, GMT+8
-The contest ends on September 20, 12:00 AM, GMT+8
-In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:
Make a Qli monster

Card A:

Qliphort Shield

EARTH / Level 4

Machine / Pendulum / Effect

ATK / 1800 DEF / 1000

Scale: 1/1

PE: You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Qli" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up "Qli" card you control, except this card; once during this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.

ME: If this card is Normal Summoned/Set, it is unaffected by activated effects from any monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's current Level. If this card is Special Summoned, destroy it during the End Phase. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Qli" card you control and 1 "Qli" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; return the first target to the hand and add the second target to the hand.

Card B:

Apoqliphort Powerplant

EARTH / Level 11

Machine / Effect

ATK / 3100 DEF / 2700

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 "Qli" monsters to Normal Summon/Set. If this card is Normal Summoned/Set, it is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects and by activated effects from any monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's current Level. Other Level 10 or lower monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF, also those monsters cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 "Qli" card from your hand or field into the Deck; Set 1 "Qli" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck, and if you do, that Set card can be activated this turn.

Card A is different from all other qlis in the sense that it is naturally level 4, meaning that its monster effect won't be able to touch any qli that's been properly tribute summoned, but that's okay since it can bounce itself to get that ever-so-important saqlifice recycled. Not only that, but it can bounce a scout scale to recycle its effect .Overall this card is a plussing machine (pun intended) for an archetype that is truly dangerous with that many pluses.

Card B is essentially an upgraded towers, but with a few differences. For one, it prevents the destruction of all your monsters under level 10, and also boosts them. Its second effect is being able shuffle any visable qli card sop that you can set any qli s/t. Searching for saqlifice? Sure. Get that qliphort down just in case the opp pulls out their UtL? You bet.

Over all, I don't really like either of these cards, but that's just me being salty over Qlis. So instead of voting for Card C out of salt, I'll go with card A, simply because there are more ways to play around it than card B.

Archived