[Leaderboard] Tori Vs. Black D'Sceptyr

towitori

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply
-First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
-All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
-In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is September 23, 12:00 AM, GMT+8
-The contest ends on September 26, 12:00 AM, GMT+8
-In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:

Make a card for any existing archetype.

Card A

Nazca Skylines

Field / Spell

Earthbound" monsters you control are unaffected by other Spell/Trap effects. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Level 5 or higher "Earthbound" monster from your hand whose ATK is equal to or lower than the difference in both player's LP without Tributing, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can shuffle 1 "Earthbound Immortal" monster from your field or Graveyard into the Deck; Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower DARK Synchro or Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck with the same original Type as that returnedmonster, but destroy it when this card leaves the Field Zone.

Card B

Cipher Render

LIGHT / Level 4

Psychic / Effect

ATK / 0 DEF / 1500

When a "Cipher" monster, except "Cipher Render", or "Kinetic Soldier" is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) and if you do, you cannot Xyz Summon monsters, except "Galaxy-Eyes" or "Cipher" Xyz Monsters during the turn you activate this effect. The controller of the LIGHT Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as an Xyz Material can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Cipher Render" once per turn.

Quickly making a list of all monsters accessibly in the ED by Card A:

Uru - None
Apu - Sigfried, Mefist, Beowulf, Sabre Tiger, Frightfur Chimera
Chacu - None
Cusillu - None
Ccarayhua - None
Aslla/Rasca - Silverwind, Nerokius

That's...not a very large pool. It also only works with 3 of them, with 1 of those 3 probably not being run with the rest. The Spell/Trap unaffection is neat, and the Normal Summoning effect is...weird...but I feel it doesn't get them out fast enough. I guess if you're losing this allows you to pull one out of your hat, but your opponent probably has a way to get rid of it by then. However, all in all, I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem. Even without the last effect, it's still an okay card to some extent, as the pool you do have access to is weak.

Card B provides some draw power, and some Xyz material, but the first effect...really kills it. It's not because it's bad (because it's not) but the phrasing is off. Like, really off. The "and if you do" referring to the entire turn is weird, because what if I've already Xyz Summoned something like castel? I mean, the effect says I cannot Xyz non-Cipher monsters...but that only applies if I actually do Special Summon it, so there's no restriction preventing me from doing it beforehand...

Even without that card phrasing issue, Card B is just not fast enough as it relies on other cards to be good in Xyz Summoning, and is only live if it is used for Xyz Summoning, and has no other uses in the archetype due to the restriction. Voting for Card A.

Card A gives EBIs some much-needed protection from Raigeki and other forms of common removal (well, outside of blowing themselves up, but that's pretty clear). The no Tribute thing is neat though, but either you need to be ahead in LP (in which case you can just proceed to attack the opponent further) or losing (but you'll probably have a sizable deficit from LP payments and stuff); you'll likely be using the latter case. Like Dova mentioned though, there isn't too much you can really go into for Level 8 DARK choices (and really only from Piscu or something). Idea is fine, but in the long run, it really only supports two of them until Konami decides to release Level 8 specific Type / DARK Extra Deck for the others.

Card B helps Ciphers with some Xyz plays, but the summon restrictions hurt it quite a bit unless you can get Cipher Wings out to fuel into the Xyz (or just NS this first, then SS however many Wings you need). If Ciphers had some Rank 4s, maybe this would do more, but as the usable ones are Rank 8+, you don't have much options here. Draw option is fine, but overall the card is too restrictive for what it does, and only useful for Cipher if they got everything set up.

----

Voting A as well.

Archived