[Written] Elemental HERO Storm Avian

Thomas★Zero

Elemental HERO Storm Avian

lv 3 WIND

Warrior/Effect

During either players turn when your opponent activates a Spell,Trap or Monster Effect while you control a face-up "HERO" monster, you can discard this card from your hand; negate the activation of that card and destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Elemental HERO Storm Avian" once per turn. When you activate "Polymerization" while this card is in your graveyard, you can use this card as a Fusion Material by banishing it from your graveyard.

ATK/1000 DEF/1000

Basically combing Avian with Feather Wind and giving a ability that allows it to be a Fusion Material from the graveyard.

I love it, it really is a nice combination of effects, and I'd love to see other HERO retrains of a similar style, like "Elemental HERO Burstinatrix" with "Burst Return", or "Elemental HERO Sparkman" with "Spark Blaster". The big thing this helps with of course is when you're sitting on "Masked Hero Dark Law", and using this to prevent your opponent from using Raigeki to deal with it or their other forms of removal, which is nice. It also works like "Effect Veiler" does for "Blue-Eyes" since "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist" can search it upon being sent to the Graveyard, and the fact that it works well with Omni-Heroes is icing on the cake. Hell, you could even splash it in "Destiny HEROs" too, since they like to use "Polymerization". "Elemental HERO Great Tornado" would be a nice card to help D-HEROs beat over some stuff if need be. This card is stupendously well designed, I love when new "HEROs" are made with the possibility to splash them in other "HERO" decks, and you did a great job. If you have anymore, I'd love to see them.

This card is honestly a good example for what can go wrong, when designing cards. This is basicly a handtrap Infernity Barrier, which does not have any real restriction, which cannot negate counter traps. Honestly Omni Negation is hardly a healthy concept, however adding them to an archtype that does not have problems in defensive regards, is simply asking for troubles, more abusive openings with Dark Law are simply the beginning and this even turning blazeman into a "1-card" fusion play afterwards is actually ridiculous. This card is simply unbalanced, unhealthy and not adding anything worthwhile to the game. 0/10 (Though that does not mean I do not like your try of making retrains of iconic E. Hero monsters, the execution however is hardly that interesting).

This card is honestly a good example for what can go wrong, when designing cards. This is basicly a handtrap Infernity Barrier, which does not have any real restriction, which cannot negate counter traps. Honestly Omni Negation is hardly a healthy concept, however adding them to an archtype that does not have problems in defensive regards, is simply asking for troubles, more abusive openings with Dark Law are simply the beginning and this even turning blazeman into a "1-card" fusion play afterwards is actually ridiculous. This card is simply unbalanced, unhealthy and not adding anything worthwhile to the game. 0/10 (Though that does not mean I do not like your try of making retrains of iconic E. Hero monsters, the execution however is hardly that interesting).

I'd be more likely to believe that omni-negation hand traps are a problem if "Tachyon Transmigration" wasn't a card. I do admit that controlling a "HERO" monster is an easier feat than controlling a "Tachyon" Xyz monster, but consider that "Nine Branches of the Yang Zing" exists, which is a Counter Trap you can plus off of. An archetypal specific negate card wouldn't be that big of a deal. So using that Infernity Counter Trap from 2011 that's been powercreeped into oblivion probably isn't the best choice when considering today's meta. And seriously, 0/10, you're telling me this card has no merit, I mean even if you don't like it, the PSCT is pretty decent, only needing a few corrections, the effect makes sense lore wise, and it offers a card that HEROs would actualy want to run. An overpowered card isn't a 0/10, fix your rating system, it's margin of error is ridiculous.

I'd be more likely to believe that omni-negation hand traps are a problem if "Tachyon Transmigration" wasn't a card. I do admit that controlling a "HERO" monster is an easier feat than controlling a "Tachyon" Xyz monster, but consider that "Nine Branches of the Yang Zing" exists, which is a Counter Trap you can plus off of. An archetypal specific negate card wouldn't be that big of a deal. So using that Infernity Counter Trap from 2011 that's been powercreeped into oblivion probably isn't the best choice when considering today's meta. And seriously, 0/10, you're telling me this card has no merit, I mean even if you don't like it, the PSCT is pretty decent, only needing a few corrections, the effect makes sense lore wise, and it offers a card that HEROs would actualy want to run. An overpowered card isn't a 0/10, fix your rating system, it's margin of error is ridiculous.

Did you just state that Tachyon Transmigration, which has an uncomparable activation requirement would be on the same level ? Of course you can state that, just as much as you can state Upstart Goblin to be on the level of Pot of Greed. As for my rating for the card, perhaps 1/10 would have been appropriate due to the PSCT and the card trying to enhance iconic heroes in the form of retrains, as for why I am stating this deserves next to no points would be the fact this does not add anything to the game, while turning heroes into a full helmet deck, with a heavily searchable, recyclable helmet mode hand trap, which, beyond what I said grants a deck something it neither needs nor deserves. Nine Branches at least fixes a problem the archtype has, this merely oppresses the opponent in a deck that has no such issues in that regard. As for constructive critique for the designer I would suggest granting it effects, which would not work as well with the masked hero build, as with the "classic" fusion build.

Did you just state that Tachyon Transmigration, which has an uncomparable activation requirement would be on the same level ? Of course you can state that, just as much as you can state Upstart Goblin to be on the level of Pot of Greed. As for my rating for the card, perhaps 1/10 would have been appropriate due to the PSCT and the card trying to enhance iconic heroes in the form of retrains, as for why I am stating this deserves next to no points would be the fact this does not add anything to the game, while turning heroes into a full helmet deck, with a heavily searchable, recyclable helmet mode hand trap, which, beyond what I said grants a deck something it neither needs nor deserves.

I feel like you didn't even read what I said, I acknowledged that "Tachyon Transmigration" has a harder activation requirement, so if I need to spell it out for you, "NO, I DIDN'T SAY THEY WERE ON THE SAME LEVEL," just that there's a precedence for these kind of hand traps, and I followed it up with another powerful archetypal Counter Trap that's been introduced post-2011, since I guess that's the last time you played the game using "Infernity Barrier" as an example of what a Counter Trap should look like.

I feel like you didn't even read what I said, I acknowledged that "Tachyon Transmigration" has a harder activation requirement, so if I need to spell it out for you, "NO, I DIDN'T SAY THEY WERE ON THE SAME LEVEL," just that there's a precedence for these kind of hand traps, and I followed it up with another powerful archetypal Counter Trap that's been introduced post-2011, since I guess that's the last time you played the game using "Infernity Barrier" as an example of what a Counter Trap should look like.

1.) I merely took it as an example for Omni-negation traps, which does not limit it to being a counter trap and/or handtrap. 2.) As for Tachyon Transmigration: You are overestimating what I said about it being a handtrap, it is merely an added bonus that one can use it right away and without fear of twin twisters, my main issue with the cards is that cards, which have these kind of effects and hardly investment are highly problematic, if added to the right archtype, not to mention that unlike Tachyon Transmigration etc this card is ridiculously easy to search and recycle.

Archived