[CC Starter Deck] Emmisary of War

Sleepy

5OPvSNK.jpg

FIRE  Level 5  [Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect]  ATK/1600  DEF/1500  Scale 7

Pendulum Effect:

While this card is in your Pendulum Zone, Pendulum monsters in your hand, field, and face-up in your Extra Deck gain 1 Level. Once per turn: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You cannot Pendulum Summon the turn you activate this effect.

Monster Effect:

1 EARTH monster + 1 FIRE monster
You can Fusion Summon it by using face-up Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck as Fusion Materials, plus a DARK monster (do not use "Polymerization"). When Fusion Summoned: Place it in either player's Pendulum Zone. When this card declares an attack: Change all monsters your opponent controls to Attack Position.

- - - - - - -

This card is designed for the project I'm working on [link here]

, but you can also judge it in terms of the rest of the game.

It is meant as an alternative for when you cannot naturally complete your full scale. It gets fused from the Extra Deck with materials from the Extra Deck (or via normal Poly or Dragon's Mirror if you want, heck even Instant Fusion). It is forced to go to a Scale. Once it leaves the Scales you can bring it back as a monster.

It also makes Level 1 Pendulum Monsters able to come back.
The random burn is just.... a random burn.... *shrugs*
It is supposed to poke at the opponent (provocation) and force monsters into getting ready for battle. It's mostly just flavor.
I'm contemplating the idea of lowering its ATK and DEF stats for the sake of my project though.

I'm not sure if I'm helping but I think there are some errors in your wording.

Pendulum Effect:

While this card is face-up on the field in your Pendulum Zone, all Pendulum monsters in your hand, field, and face-up in your Extra Deck gain 1 Level. Once per turn: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You cannot Pendulum Summon the turn you activate this effect.

There is no other way to place Pendulum monsters in pendulum zone, only face-up. 

Monster Effect:

You can Fusion Summon this card by sending face-up Pendulum monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard (You do not use "Polymerization"). When this card is Fusion Summoned: Move Place this card it to an in either player's unoccupied Pendulum Zone on the field. When this card declares an attack: Change all monsters your opponent controls to Attack Position.

Feel like pendulum should be said there. Also I suggest shuffling Pendulum monsters to your Deck, to feel more like contact fusion. Oh and if you don't have a free pendulum zone, the effect will resolve like nothing happened monster stays there, so there is no need to specify unoccupied, also Pendulum Zone is only on the field and no need to specify that either. Other then that ye I don't know what to say, card looks balanced.

Oh I was wondering, why Earth and Fire? Anything going there?

I don't quite understand how you get it into your Monster Card Zone – did I miss an effect, is there a rule about pendulums I don't know, or do you need the help of other cards? Apart from that, however, the card looks fine to me, nothing too specific, there are propably enough decks with EARTH and FIRE monsters. Can you only use Pendulums for the Synchro Summoning by its own effect, or also Synchros, Xyzs and Fusions?

I'm not sure if I'm helping but I think there are some errors in your wording.

Pendulum Effect:

While this card is face-up on the field in your Pendulum Zone, all Pendulum monsters in your hand, field, and face-up in your Extra Deck gain 1 Level. Once per turn: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You cannot Pendulum Summon the turn you activate this effect.

There is no other way to place Pendulum monsters in pendulum zone, only face-up. 

Monster Effect:

You can Fusion Summon this card by sending face-up Pendulum monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard (You do not use "Polymerization"). When this card is Fusion Summoned: Move Place this card it to an in either player's unoccupied Pendulum Zone on the field. When this card declares an attack: Change all monsters your opponent controls to Attack Position.

Feel like pendulum should be said there. Also I suggest shuffling Pendulum monsters to your Deck, to feel more like contact fusion. Oh and if you don't have a free pendulum zone, the effect will resolve like nothing happened monster stays there, so there is no need to specify unoccupied, also Pendulum Zone is only on the field and no need to specify that either. Other then that ye I don't know what to say, card looks balanced.

Oh I was wondering, why Earth and Fire? Anything going there?

Sorry for the late reply. I actually was posting the card at around my 3 in the morning xD

I could change it so that it shuffles them into the deck. It works too~

The attributes are because I wanted the card to be generic enough, and the first chosen was FIRE because it is meant to be trying to make war, being all aggressive and hot headed and provoking. EARTH was chosen because, as the Fusion it is, it is some sort of ethereal being that came to Earth from another plane, needing the mix to make it.

I know you just said you already deemed it balanced, but I'm actually in the process of weakening it a bit. I'm lowering its ATK and DEF to around 1600, its Scale to 6, and making it so that it's "free" self-fusion takes a little bit more setup. Not by much, I'll add either a DARK or a WIND into the mix, but not sure yet...

I was gonna update it last night but I kind of..... fell asleep haha...

I'll update it in a little bit.

I don't quite understand how you get it into your Monster Card Zone – did I miss an effect, is there a rule about pendulums I don't know, or do you need the help of other cards? Apart from that, however, the card looks fine to me, nothing too specific, there are propably enough decks with EARTH and FIRE monsters. Can you only use Pendulums for the Synchro Summoning by its own effect, or also Synchros, Xyzs and Fusions?

It is meant to be forced into the Pendulum Zone whenever there's available space as a Scale, if it was Fusion Summoned, and only if Fusion Summoned.

You get to have it as a monster if there was not a Pendulum Zone for it to go to on either side, or when it is Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck (though that makes it need to be properly Summoned and destroyed first).

You can Summon it with Polymerization with monsters from the field, and they don't need to be Pendulum Monsters.

The self-Fusing effect using Pendulums accumulated in the Extra Deck is just a bonus. It's meant to give you half a Scale out of thin air if you are ever left without other means to complete one.

Or maybe this unfinished Pendulm?( someone please help me finish)

http://imgur.com/4Jod1gk

Hey, this relates to the project. Does this help as a fusion material?

http://imgur.com/5u4Ey1T

For the project itself, I try to not make archetype support just yet. I can make suggestions on them, but they need their own thread.

The same as what FairGamer said, don't hesitate to ask me if you have questions on how to do something~

Well that explains why you called yourself Sleepy and why you called this card Emissary of War. I know a bit about both. For example I'm gonna sleep right after I type this out and war?... Well war never changes. Now about card, if you want to weaken it, its your call. You can change its level, ATK DEF is not that important. It will most likely be abused in Synchro decks, but using 2 pendulum monsters from extra deck already seems enough cost. Standalone card is not that strong, you get free Pendulum 7 scale. Not that huge of a deal since most of the meta decks don't seem to have problem with getting them. This will probably work with Fire Igknight and some other Vanilla Earth Pendulum monsters. Oh and for the last Pendulum Effect limits Pendulum monsters you can use. Max you can use is level 5 monsters.

Well that explains why you called yourself Sleepy and why you called this card Emissary of War. I know a bit about both. For example I'm gonna sleep right after I type this out and war?... Well war never changes. Now about card, if you want to weaken it, its your call. You can change its level, ATK DEF is not that important. It will most likely be abused in Synchro decks, but using 2 pendulum monsters from extra deck already seems enough cost. Standalone card is not that strong, you get free Pendulum 7 scale. Not that huge of a deal since most of the meta decks don't seem to have problem with getting them. This will probably work with Fire Igknight and some other Vanilla Earth Pendulum monsters. Oh and for the last Pendulum Effect limits Pendulum monsters you can use. Max you can use is level 5 monsters.

That is true.... Decks nowadays can setup by themselves so it shouldn't be a big deal xD

It can technically work in Metalfoe, but by the time you'd want this card out, it'd have to have already run through most of its other plays.

I really like that it makes Level1s Pendulum Summonable. Many cards would take advantage of it, like D/D Savant Kepler and Trump Witch.

At first I was concerned the card could cause trouble given its nature of "card out of thin air" by contact fusing without card costs, but given the requirements I suppose it should be not as easy to abuse. Metalfoes already come close to fulfilling its requirements if they are using the Scout-Monolith pair, but even then, by the time they set up a FIRE, EARTH and DARK in the Extra Deck the duel should be pretty much over. After the change, IMO it can afford a bit more of ATK now, maybe 1800~1900.

On the other hand, lower tiers and casuals may make good use of it, also you can take a "shortcut" into it through Instant Fusion, and that may be problematic but I guess tests would be needed to better evaluate its impact.

Something I don't see being mentioned is its application as a Pendulum Summon disruptor for the opponent by placing it in one of the opponent's Pendulum Zones and blocking its scales, preferably if it already has a scale 6~8.

• 2 weeks later...

I concur with the above. Running this card in a deck such as odd-eyes performopals would be easy due to the searchability of secondonkey and the wide variety of attributes in performipals, and it would make odd-eyes unicorn summonable to boot. Its effect isn't overpowering and its middling stats justify its reasonable level. Altogether an impressive and balanced card that I wouldn't mind running myself.

Archived