B.D.K.'s Support: Aroma-tic Alliance (6/6)

Black D'Sceptyr

WAT IS THIS NOW THE BLADES OF CHANGE WORKSHOP HAS NEW MEMBERS ALREADY so yeah it does for right now, Kevintriedge and Draconus297.

See, Draconus, kevintridege and I were busy bouncing some wonderful ideas back and forth across the pond at a certain place and time, and I was all like. You know what would be great, and Draco was all like "Yeah?" and I was like "putting these cards we made effect for up in their own forum with some stellar art" and Draco was all like "well yeah that sounds like a far better idea than throwing them across this pond seriously man you realize paper gets wet and becomes hella unreadable in water right and I'm not even getting into how the hell YOU'RE able to skip them across the river it's like trying to benchpress a feather-"

OKAY THEN MOVING ON.

We made some really good cards today, and here they are, to enhance an Archetype that's gotten far too little love and isn't named U.A. Or Digital Bugs. Or Reptiliannes. Or Satell Constellars. Who created which card's errata is in the spoilers.

Enjoy.

aromaseraphy_jasmine_by_bdsceptyr-daqtox

[spoiler=Aromaseraphy Jasmine: Info (BDS)]
LIGHT/Plant-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 3/300 ATK/2100 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
While your LP is higher than your opponent's, each Plant-Type monster you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects once per turn. Once per turn, if you gain LP: You can Special Summon 1 6 or lower Plant-Type monster from your Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but return it to the hand during the End Phase.

aromaseraphy_cananga_by_bdsceptyr-daqu8h

[spoiler=Aromaseraphy Cananga: Info (BDS)]
EARTH/Plant-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 4/1600 ATK/1200 DEF

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, Plant-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks by your opponent's monsters with higher Levels/Ranks. Once per turn, if you gain LP: You can target 1 Set card on the field; shuffle that card into the Deck.

aromage_heracleum_by_bdsceptyr-daqw7n2.p

[spoiler=Aromage Heracleum: Info (Draconus)]
DARK/Plant-Type Effect Monster/Level 5/2000 ATK/1700 DEF

Lore: If you control a face-up "Aroma" card, except "Aromage Heracleum", while your LP are higher than your opponent's: You can Special Summon this monster from your hand, and if you do, you can add 1 "Aroma" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Aromage Heracleum". Once per turn, if you gain LP, you can target 1 "Aroma" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it. Its effects are negated, also it is treated as a Tuner. If you Summoned "Aromaseraphy Angelica" with this effect, it is not treated as a Tuner.

aromaseraphy_heracleum_by_bdsceptyr-daqw

[spoiler=Aromaseraphy Heracleum: Info (BDS)]
DARK/Plant-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 6/2200 ATK/1900 DEF

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, your opponent takes all battle damage you would take from a battle involving a Plant-Type monster you control. Once per turn, if you gain LP: You can shuffle up to 3 cards from either Graveyard into the Deck, and if you do, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each returned card.

aromaseraphy_bergamot_by_bdsceptyr-daqw6

[spoiler=Aromaseraphy Bergamot: Info (Draconus)]
FIRE/Plant-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 7/2600 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Aroma" monsters
While your LP is higher than your opponent's, your opponent cannot activate Normal Spell/Trap effects. Once per turn, if you gain LP: You can banish 1 card from your opponent's hand until the End Phase, then if it is a monster, you gain LP equal to its original ATK or DEF (whichever is higher). If the difference between your LP and your opponent's LP is 3000 or more, the activated effects of "Aroma" monsters you control, except "Aromaseraphy Bergamot", can be activated an additional time each turn. You can only control 1 "Aromaseraphy Bergamot".

tainted_winds_by_bdsceptyr-daqxxbc.png

[spoiler=Tainted Winds: Info (kevintriedge)]
Continuous Trap Card

Lore: Each player must pay 100 LP for each different Attribute among the "Aroma" monsters you control to activate Spell/Trap Cards or monster effects, except for "Winds" Trap Cards and "Aroma Garden". Once per turn, during the Main Phase: You can send 1 "Aroma" monster from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; this turn, it cannot attack or change its battle position, also its effects on the field cannot be activated. You can only control 1 "Tainted Winds".

UPDATE 1: 

aromage_lavender_by_bdsceptyr-dar2n9n.pn

[spoiler=Aromage Lavender: Info (Draconus)]

WIND/Plant-Type Effect Monster/Level 1/1000 ATK/200 DEF

Lore: While your LP is higher than your opponent's, this monster can be treated as a Tuner for a Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you gain LP, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using "Aroma" monsters you control (this is a Quick Effect). A Synchro Monster that was Synchro Summoned this way gains this effect.
• If it is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Aroma" non-Tuner monster from your hand with a Level lower than this card's.

aromaseraphy_lavender_by_bdsceptyr-daqzr

[spoiler=Aromaseraphy Lavender: Info (NEW BDS!)]
WIND/Plant-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 2/1200 ATK/400 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
While your LP is higher than your opponent's, this card cannot be targeted for an attack by an opponent's Special Summoned monster. Once per turn, if you gain LP: You can Set 1 "Winds" Trap Card directly from your Deck. That Set card can be activated during this turn.

Because you asked, here are both new Aroma cards created in the Create a Card Game, by myself and you.

Aromage Lavender

WIND - Level 1 - Plant/Tuner/Effect - 1000/0

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, this monster can be treated as a non-Tuner monster for a Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you gain LP: You can Synchro Summon using "Aroma" monsters you control as Material, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 "Aroma" monster with a lower Level than the Synchro Summoned monster from your hand or Graveyard when the Summon resolves.

Aromaseraphy Lavender

WIND - Level 2 - Plant/Synchro/Effect - 1200/200

1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, this card cannot be targeted for an attack by an opponent's Special Summoned monster. Once per turn, if you gain LP, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Plant-Type Synchro Monster, using monsters you control or in your hand as Synchro Materials.

Regarding a review . . . it's good Aroma support that gives the Deck actual options with their ED, and I absolutely love Aromas (my avi was Bergamot for a while). Not much more I can add, except for Tainted Winds having the potential to solidly backfire given the number of activated effects in Aroma Decks, especially the Ra-35 variant I run. *shrug*

I'm showing in this thread because I noticed Aromage Lavender needs important effect text fixing.

First, you cannot Synchro Summon a monster directly with an effect, you have to take the Formula Synchron/Yang Zing route, which have a "After the effect resolves, Synchro Summon..." clause.

Then, the "resolve" mechanic doesn't apply on Summons, or rather, Summons aren't mechanics that "resolve"; that's for cards and effects. So, you have to take a different route in order to Summon the monster from the hand after Synchro Summoning, in the sense that you cannot have both in the same effect because by the time you perform the Synchro Summon, Lavender's effect already resolved.

So, taking the above into account, I suggest the following as alternative:

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, this monster can be treated as a Tuner monster for a Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you gain LP, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using "Aroma" monsters you control (this is a Quick Effect). A Synchro Monster Summoned after this card's effect resolves gains this effect.

• If it is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Aroma" non-Tuner monster from your hand with a Level lower than this card's.

By the way, I'm glad now it's originally a non-Tuner and not the other way around; it's more flavorful that way since the rest of the Aromages are non-Tuners as well.

The artworks you found for Lavender are gorgeous. Where did you get them?

I've actually lost track, but most of them are on Pixiv, though the "Vanguard/Rage of Bahamut" keywords. That should get you started. 

I'm showing in this thread because I noticed Aromage Lavender needs important effect text fixing.

First, you cannot Synchro Summon a monster directly with an effect, you have to take the Formula Synchron/Yang Zing route, which have a "After the effect resolves, Synchro Summon..." clause.

Then, the "resolve" mechanic doesn't apply on Summons, or rather, Summons aren't mechanics that "resolve"; that's for cards and effects. So, you have to take a different route in order to Summon the monster from the hand after Synchro Summoning, in the sense that you cannot have both in the same effect because by the time you perform the Synchro Summon, Lavender's effect already resolved.

So, taking the above into account, I suggest the following as alternative:

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, this monster can be treated as a Tuner monster for a Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you gain LP, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using "Aroma" monsters you control (this is a Quick Effect). A Synchro Monster Summoned after this card's effect resolves gains this effect.

Thanks for the lookout mate. Fixed Lavender to fit the theme.

Archived