[COTD] Seihai Kenshi Aurum/Star Grail Swordsman Aurum

Stargrail-Swordsman-Aurum.jpg?w=240&ssl=

FIRE Cyverse-Type Link Effect Monster
ATK 2000
Link-2

Links : BL, BR

Link Materials: 2 “Star Grail” monsters
The 2nd Effect of this card’s name can only be used once per turn.
(1) This card gains 300 ATK for each different “Star Grail” monster in your Graveyard
(2) You can Tribute 1 of your “Star Grail” monsters this card is Linked to, then target 1 of your monsters in the Graveyard other than that monster; Special Summon that monster to your side of the field that this card Links to.
(3) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Star Grail” monster from your hand.

sauce: https://ygorganization.com/pun-blocked-by-a-firewall/

https://ygorganization.com/seek-the-grail/

seems decent, generate things and float not much to say

i smell continuation of DT... so this guy is technically not new, he probably the one refer to one of the some mysterious Twitter lore:

機怪の残骸で武装する、真っ直ぐな心の少年。 星辰の森に古くから伝わる『星の勇者』に憧れており、妖精リースの願いを受けて、光を授かった仲間たちと共に七つの星遺物を解き放つ旅に出る。

“星明かりの勇者 掲げし剣に光を束ね 大いなる闇を討ち祓わん”

A youth with an honest heart, armed with the wreckage of a Kikai*. He admires the “Hero of the Stars” spoken among those in the Forest of Stars since ancient times, his wish was granted by the fairy Wreath, and now he’s on a journey to unleash the Seven Star Relics** alongside his friends who were also blessed by the light.

“The Hero of Starlight gathers the light and binds it to his sword, and strikes down the great darkness.”

* Kikai = 機怪, play on 機械 (Kikai read as Machine) but the second Kanji 怪 is the 怪 of 妖怪 (Yokai). So some sort of Mechanical monster?

** Seven Star Relics = 七つの星遺物. 七つの星 can mean the Big Dipper or the collection of the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.

https://ygorganization.com/wereonajourney/

the pic is hideously blurry as per now but its very Nekroz-ey with splash of Red. and if it really the one depicted by the lore i dare to say that his armor probably forge from the remains of Tierra...his shield looks very much like Qliphort Scout

and while on it im gonna post more of the twitters (since there no discussion over it):

https://ygorganization.com/oncemoreintothedtbreachdearfriends/

https://ygorganization.com/justwhoaretheseguys/

Ah here's the actual Link Monster Archetype I was expecting. Not much to say on how they are going to play with just this, maybe Graveyard based, sending cards from the Deck to boost this? Hard to really know with this. The name Aurum means gold apparently and with a name like Star Grail, maybe it's a reference to The Holy Grail. Maybe someone knows more about this stuff than I do so they could tell me why Aurum.

Ah here's the actual Link Monster Archetype I was expecting. Not much to say on how they are going to play with just this, maybe Graveyard based, sending cards from the Deck to boost this? Hard to really know with this. The name Aurum means gold apparently and with a name like Star Grail, maybe it's a reference to The Holy Grail. Maybe someone knows more about this stuff than I do so they could tell me why Aurum.

Indeed it sounds like a reference to the holy grail. Beyond that you can re-arrange the name in the following way star grail/swordsman/aurum, which leaves the name as a specification, so there could be more swordsmen, perhaps based on the elements (considering aurum somewhat points at AU, which stands for aurum and Gold, that being said scientific based archtypes happen every once in a while). On top of that specifying being a swordsman, implying it being rare enough not to consider it the majority and stating the opposite if need be, could lead to types of star grail monsters. This kind of reminds me of the Holy Grail War from the Fate franchise, considering such ideas/shows are sometimes turned into archtypes (e.g. Kozmo).

Calling it now, there will be Argentum, Ferrum, Cuprum and (if konami is cool enough) Stibium.

I suspect the FIRE attribute is in reference to metallurgy, as it was with metalfoes, signifying this could be a spiritual successor.

As for the card itself, it is really good. The 2 effect will presumably have great utility, as it allows you to juggle which zones you have linked. Note that it allows you to tribute a non-link to summon a link monster, increasing the availability of zones. Furthermore, when you use this guy for a link summon, you are able to summon a monster from hand, which is showing to be an incredibly powerful effect going forward.

The ATK gain ranges from cheesy to insane, depending on the number. In any case, it will likely have at least 2200 ATK, putting it at decent range.

Archived