Chemistry Dino Support [WRITTEN, pseudo-AGM]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

This started coming together when I saw that the Archetype Generator Meta had Hydrogeddon among its ranks. As I actually really liked chemistry and stuff when I was younger, I kinda wanted to expand on it pretty extensively. I tried to keep as much flavor as possible, but did shove aside flavor for practicality as points.

The deck is supposed to have many ways to be built, all depending on what combination of monsters you run. Of course, you could run everything and have all the options as well, so there really isn't an exclusive way that I had defined playing these.

So anyway, I hope you enjoy and, as always, CnC much appreciated!

[spoiler Basic Monsters (2)]
Neoneddon
Level 4 - DARK - Dragon - 2000/0
An odd wingless dragon that doesn't play nice with other monsters.
(This card is also always treated as a Dinosaur monster)

Nitrogeddon

Level 3 - FIRE - Dinosaur - 1200/200

Once per turn, you can target 1 Dinosaur monster you control: your opponent targets 1 monster they control; switch control of those targets.  If this card changes control, increase its ATK by 600.  If this card is destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Nitrogeddon" from your Deck.

(This card is also always treated as a Pyro monster)

Based on "Neon". It is a generally non-reactive element. Really only added because Carboneddon needed an in-deck, in-archetype target. 0 DEF comes into play later.

Nitrogeddon added for even more diversity + more structured burn plays.

[spoiler Basic Fusions (4)]
DiHydrogeddon
Level 6 - WIND - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 2400/1500
"Hydrogeddon" + "Hydrogeddon"
If this card destroys a monster by battle, banish it instead of sending it to the Graveyard, and if you do, this card gains 800 ATK, and if you do that, this card can declare another attack on a monster. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by card effect), you can Special Summon any number of "Hydrogeddon" from your Graveyard.

Diamond Carboneddon
Level 8 - LIGHT - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - ?/3000
2 or more "Carboneddon"
This card's ATK is equal to the number of "Carboneddon" on your side of the field or in your Graveyard x 1000. Once per turn, you can equip 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your hand or Graveyard to this card. This card gains these effects depending on the number of monsters equipped to it by this effect:
1 or more: this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

2 or more: this card can attack a number of times equal to the number of monsters equipped to it.
3 or more: target 1 of your equipped monsters; this effect becomes that monster's effect until the End Phase.

DiOxygeddon
Level 7 - WIND - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 2700/1200
"Oxygeddon" + "Oxygeddon"
If this card battles, inflict 800 damage to both players after damage calculation. If both players take effect damage at the same time, you can Special Summon 1 "Nitro Token" (Pyro/FIRE/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 1000) to either player's side of the field. If a "Nitro Token" gets destroyed, inflict 500 damage to its controller. During either player's turn, you can tribute this card; Special Summon up to 2 "Oxygeddon" from your Graveyard, but your opponent takes no battle damage for the rest of the turn.

Tribond Nitrogeddon

Level 6 - FIRE - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 2400/200

"Nitrogeddon" + "Nitrogeddon"

You can Fusion Summon this card using monsters from either player's side of the field.  This card cannot be destroyed card effects.  If this card is targeted for an attack by a non-token monster, Special Summon 1 "Nitro Token" (Pyro/FIRE/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 1000) to either player's side of the field: also, you can discard 1 Dinosaur monster; this card gains that monster's ATK until the end of damage calculations. If a "Nitro Token" gets destroyed, inflict 500 damage to its controller.

All meant to be bosses themselves by their own right.

[spoiler ' "NEX" clone + monsters (6)]
Isotize
Normal Spell
Send 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster in your hand or on your side of the field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Isotope" monster that includes the sent monster's name from your Extra Deck (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). If an "Isotope" monster leaves the field while this card is in the Graveyard, you can add this card to your hand. You can only add 1 "Isotize" per removed monster this way.

Hydrogeddon Isotope - Deutereddon
Level 4* - WATER - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 2000/1400
Must first be Special Summoned with "Isotize". You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by tributing 1 "Hydrogeddon" and 1 "Neutreddon Token". You can only Special Summon 1 "Hydrogeddon Isotope - Deutereddon" per turn this way. This card's name is treated as "Hydrogeddon" while on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Neutreddon Token" (Dinosaur/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either player's side of the field. If this card destroys a monster by battle, you can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 monster whose original name is "Hydrogeddon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. Its ATK is doubled until your opponent's next End Phase.

Rarefind Carboneddon Isotope
Level 4* - EARTH - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 1600/1300
Must first be Special Summoned with "Isotize". You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by tributing 1 "Carboneddon" and 1 "Neutreddon Token". You can only Special Summon 1 "Rarefind Carboneddon Isotope" per turn this way. This card's name is treated as "Carboneddon" while on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Neutreddon Token" (Dinosaur/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either player's side of the field. You can tribute this card and banish 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Ancient Bio-Radioisotope Carboneddon
Level 5* - EARTH - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 0/0
Must first be Special Summoned with "Isotize". You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by tributing 1 "Carboneddon" and 2 "Neutreddon Tokens". You can only Special Summon 1 "Ancient Bio-Radioisotope Carboneddon" per turn this way. This card's name is treated as "Carboneddon" while on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 2 "Neutreddon Tokens" (Dinosaur/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either player's side of the field. Once per battle phase, if this card battles a monster, return that monster to the top of its owner's Deck at the start of damage calculation, then, this card gains that monster's ATK and can declare a second attack. Destroy this card during your opponent's End Phase.

Superheavy Oxygeddon Isotope
Level 6 - WIND - Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect - 2200/800
Must first be Special Summoned with "Isotize". You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by tributing 1 "Oxygeddon" and 2 "Neutreddon Token". You can only Special Summon 1 "Superheavy Oxygeddon Isotope" per turn this way. This card's name is treated as "Oxygeddon" while on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 2 "Neutreddon Tokens" (Dinosaur/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either player's side of the field and, if you do, inflict 800 damage to both players. You can target 1 "Oxygeddon" in your Graveyard; equip it to this card. This card can only be equipped with 1 "Oxygeddon". If this monster would be destroyed by a card effect, you can destroy the equipped card instead.

Radioisotope Neoneddon
Level 8* - DARK - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 3000/0
Must first be Special Summoned with "Isotize". This card is also always treated as a Dinosaur monster. You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by tributing 1 "Neoneddon" and Special Summoning 1 "Neutreddon Token" (Dinosaur/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) but it cannot be tributed. You can only Special Summon 1 "Radioisotope Neoneddon" per turn this way. This card's name is treated as "Neoneddon" while on the field or in the Graveyard. This card cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. Once per turn, you can target 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster in your Graveyard; this card's name becomes that target's name. Destroy this card during the End Phase. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can destroy 1 "Neutreddon Token"; Special Summon 1 "Neoneddon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Not exactly "bosses" but really helps bring out the potential of the original monsters. The "Neutreddon Tokens" are supposed to represent the extra Neutrons in the atoms.

[spoiler Rituals (4)]
Mass Bonding
Ritual Spell
You can Ritual Summon any Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your hand by shuffling the appropriate monsters stated on the card from your field, Graveyard, or Banished Zone into your Deck. Once per turn, you can send 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your hand or field to the Graveyard and reveal this card in your hand; add 1 Ritual Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your Deck to your hand whose effect has the sent monster's name in it. If you do, this card remains revealed until the End Phase. Once per turn, you can shuffle this card and up to 3 Dinosaur "eddon" monsters from your Graveyard or Banished Zone into your Deck.

Hydrocarboneddon Dragon
Level 10 - WIND - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 3400/3000
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Mass Bonding" using 3 "Hydrogeddon" and 1 "Carboneddon". This card is also always treated as a Dinosaur monster. You can reveal this card in your hand; add 1 "Hydrogeddon" or "Carboneddon" from your Deck to your hand. If you do, "Methyleddon Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned this turn and this card remains revealed until the End Phase. Monsters on the field cannot activate their effects. Also, if a monster on the field is destroyed, it cannot activate its effect in the Graveyard this turn.

Oxyhydrogeddon Dragon
Level 10 - WATER - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 2600/3600
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Mass Bonding" using 2 "Hydrogeddon" and 1 "Oxygeddon". This card is also always treated as a Dinosaur monster. You can reveal this card in your hand; add 1 "Hydrogeddon" or "Oxygeddon" from your Deck to your hand. If you do, "Hydroxygeddon Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned this turn and this card remains revealed until the End Phase. If this card battles an opponent's monster, send all other monsters on the field to the Graveyard before damage calculation. Inflict 300 damage to both players for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Carbonyleddon Dragon
Level 10 - EARTH - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 3600/2100
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Mass Bonding" using 1 "Carboneddon" and 2 "Oxygeddon". This card is also always treated as a Dinosaur monster. You can reveal this card in your hand; add 1 "Carboneddon" or "Oxygeddon" from your Deck to your hand. If you do, "Carbonyleddon Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned this turn and this card remains revealed until the End Phase. During either player's turn, if your opponent adds a card to their hand outside their Draw Phase, you can discard the same number of cards they added, and if you do, they must banish those cards.

Truly the big bosses. I wanted 1 to be control-based, 1 to be aggro-based, and 1 to be stun-based. I might make a final "superboss" level 12 that needs Oxy, Hydro, and Carbon. ...or maybe not. I really don't know.

[spoiler Field Spell (1)]
Decay Material
Field Spell
When this card is activated, you can add 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your Deck to your hand. All Dinosaur "eddon" monsters gain 500 ATK. During your Standby Phase, Special Summon 1 "Neutreddon Token" (Dinosaur/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you take effect damage, you can Special Summon 1 Dinosaur monster from your Graveyard whose DEF is less than or equal to the damage you took.

Kinda more optional than field spells usually are nowadays, but can really extend plays with the Oxygeddon stuff and helps out the NEX cards by fielding tokens.

[spoiler Other Spell/Traps (1)]

True Alchemic Force
Quick-play Spell
Tribute 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster; Special Summon 1 Dinosaur "eddon" monster from your Deck with a different name than the tributed monster's on the field.

Alchemy was the idea of changing 1 element completely into something else.  That's the main flavor-point of this card.  Nice as it can transform any of the tokens into any of the MD monsters.

Tbh, I could totally keep expanding this archetype. There's tons of routes that I could explore through exclusively the MD monsters that already exist.

Dope! I like those cards! I take it your making cards that are based off the periodic table? It seems like an interesting idea! I believe that you should make the strongest Dino's called 'Diamondback' (a fusion Made from a Carbon named dinosaur, a fire dinosaur and an earth dinosaur.) and 'H2O Triceratops' (An XYZ monster made from three or more 'dinosaur' or 'water' monsters)  Just an idea ^-^

EDIT: I ment to say that the monsters had to be level 5 :3

That's fine, I was hoping to just make Diamondback a hard hitter with a whopping 3700 atk points and 2700 def points, and for H2O, i was hoping that by using an overlay unit it could either increase a monsters attack points by 1000 points or using it to take away 500 points from a monster! ^-^

EDIT: H2O would also have 1500 atk points and 2500 def points

• 3 weeks later...

That's fine, I was hoping to just make Diamondback a hard hitter with a whopping 3700 atk points and 2700 def points, and for H2O, i was hoping that by using an overlay unit it could either increase a monsters attack points by 1000 points or using it to take away 500 points from a monster! ^-^

EDIT: H2O would also have 1500 atk points and 2500 def points

Thanks for the ideas.  If I made a different kind of Chemistry-based archetype, I could keep something like this in mind.  As it is now, I'm not exactly sure if those ideas would do anything that hadn't been already covered initially.

Anyway, bump because I added another Isotope monster, fixed up the text for some others, and added a new spell.  Also because that new Water Dragon reignited my interest in these.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived