Improving Group Differences

What Is Better For You?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Is Better For You?

• Colour-Coded Group Names
    • Moderator and Super Moderator Star Pips Changed
    • Specific Moderator Names Listed In Their Sections
    • Another Option, Suggest It Now

Okay, it seems we have three individual concepts to help make differences between members and Moderators and Super Moderators, however we want to hear your ideas on what you think would make it easier for YOU. If you think a different idea would work, suggest what you think would make it easier for YOU.

Choice 1: Colour-Coded Group Names - This means giving a different colour to Moderators and Super Moderators therefore showing who controls only a select few or even one section of moderation, and who controls the entire forum as far as moderation is concerned.

Choice 2: Moderator and Super Moderator Star Pips Changed - Since Members also can have 5 and 6 stars, seeing the difference between a Moderator or Super Moderator and a normal Member can be hard, so why not change what the Moderator and Super Moderator pips look like for a easier difference.

Choice 3: Specific Moderator Names Listed In Their Sections - This means when you go to a specific forum on the site, at the bottom of all the posts or perhaps the top it will list the Moderators who are able to moderate that section, therefore making things easier.

Choice 4: Another Option, Suggest It Now - If you feel none of these options will work, but you can think of another that would then tell us!

Guest Fake Apology

cooler coded names.

also' date=' the Section Moderated By:(YOUR NAME HERE) works fine

[/quote']

Agreed. Both would be effective, i think.

Furthermore, come to think about it twice, wouldn't it be superb if YCMaker implemented all of those ideas of the poll?

Well, looks like you got to it first than me. ;)

I have to say, you've also been given it some thought, and I would happen to agree with you.

I would suggest also that a link for new members like "What's this?" should be posted somewhere on a post, so they can be educated into this.

Thanks, and have the great rest of the day.

That is true Brush' date=' but I figured since there was some negativity about the colour coded, it made sense just to get members' opinions about all the ideas.

[/quote']

Bloodrun being Bloodrun doesn't count as negativity.

Wasn't #3 impossible due to lack of plugins?

#2 gets support from mineself.

Actually, #3 is easily possible. All it'll take is a few changes to the CSS of the theme and I can easily get it done. Learnt it from checking out the CSS of vBulletin-like themes for MyBB. =D

hahahahha pips lol that reminds me of star trek TNG and also that english kid in South Park who is also named pip. lol. pips

I would say color code and adjust the pips just so being a mod could be more awesome and you could have pip grandeur xD

Guest Fake Apology

I came up with another idea that may contribute to the solution of this 'problem' with the group differences, and maybe you should add that to the poll, BMG. Although it may sound a little crazy, what about disabling the star system and adding group images under usernames in order for usergroups to be indentified more easily?

Example: 32zs934.png

You get me?

Archived