Console War

Poseidon©

Hey Cyber' date=' it's not just on YCM, it's in the world. Sales always defines quality, unless you are buying that crappy expensive leather that looks disgusting and burns your butt when you sit on it.

Also, I've never seen the PS3 as bulky.

[/quote']

Just because something sells well doesn't mean it's good.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Cyber' date=' it's not just on YCM, it's in the world. Sales always defines quality, unless you are buying that crappy expensive leather that looks disgusting and burns your butt when you sit on it.

[/quote']

Why would millions of people buy it if it sucked?

[/quote']

Because they're

A) Idiots

B) 10 year old kids

C) Though Nintendo weren't gonna milk people from there money and actually make games

Also being cheap helps it.

[/quote']

Because they're

A) Idiots

B) 10 year old kids

C) Though Nintendo weren't gonna milk people from there money and actually make games

Hmm...

Do you want me to believe the far fetched story that millions of people in the WORLD are idiots...

or the actuality that the Wii is better than the XBOX / PS3?

The Wii is a family console, which is why it gets sales like crazy. I'm not saying it's 100% epic, the graphics are sheet. I mean, even with HD, it can still only get 480p. But everything else about it is pretty epic.

It's not the cheapest console anymore.

Free WiFi > P2P

[/quote']

Because they're

A) Idiots

B) 10 year old kids

Hmm...

Do you want me to believe the far fetched story that millions of people in the WORLD are idiots...

The Wii is a family console, which is why it gets sales like crazy. I'm not saying it's 100% epic, the graphics are s***. I mean, even with HD, it can still only get 480p. But everything else about it is pretty epic.

Free WiFi > P2P

lolwut?

Your saying not most of the world are idiots? Are you actually serious?

[/quote']

Because they're

A) Idiots

B) 10 year old kids

Hmm...

The Wii is a family console, which is why it gets sales like crazy. I'm not saying it's 100% epic, the graphics are s***. I mean, even with HD, it can still only get 480p. But everything else about it is pretty epic.

Free WiFi > P2P

lolwut?

Your saying not most of the world are idiots? Are you actually serious?

A lot of people are idiots, but I doubt that over 50% of the population can be complete morons.

To altair and dark, I agree with Altair. Just look at Rock Band 2, it has over 600 songs for DLC plus 84 on disc and gets new good DLC every week. But still Guitar Hero World Tour sells better, do you know why? Because people assumed that GH was going to be good because of it's franchise. If you look at the Wii, everyone thought it was gonna be good because it made innovative controls wich turned out to be a gimmick. Well, that and SSBB.

PC... as a game console? Nice.

If the Wii is all gimmicks, how come it STILL has the highest sales of the three? Even in a drop-dead economy the Wii is selling more and more consoles every month. Then again, the XBOX 360 and PS3 are selling more and more each month, but not as much in comparison to the Wii.

I understand that if the Wii was bad, it would have a nice console-sold rate in the early stages. But if it sucked, it wouldn't be doing good right now.

I have a PS3 and Im very happy with it. Online play, the PSN has lots of good demos, and Life With Playstation is pretty fun. All the accessories are great as well. Then you can rent movies or buy them for cheap at the Playstation Store. Then you have all you Movies, music, and photos. You can even get an Eye Camera and create videos then edit them with EyeCreate.

I dont know much about the 360, but I have played it and the graphics don't compare to the PS3. I also noticed you need to pay more money to enjoy the 360.

I have yet to play a Wii but I wouldn't care to really. Theres no good games for the platform, but I would still like to try golf or bowling on it.

If the Wii is all gimmicks' date=' how come it STILL has the highest sales of the three? Even in a drop-dead economy the Wii is selling more and more consoles every month. Then again, the XBOX 360 and PS3 are selling more and more each month, but not as much in comparison to the Wii.

I understand that if the Wii was bad, it would have a nice console-sold rate in the early stages. But if it sucked, it wouldn't be doing good right now.

[/quote']

PC is the best out of all the consoles.

PS3 sales are higher than the Wii in Japan. The fact it's cheap is what helps it in this economy.

It won't for long, also your points are like your saying "I suck at gaming".

IMO, out of the 3 consoles, I'd have to say that the 360 is the best of the 3. But the Wii is my personal favorite, because the majority of the games I would want would show up on that console. The 360 has too many FPS's and mature stuff for my tastes. And the PS3 just doesn't have anything that would really appeal to me save the Blue-Ray, and that's only because I f***ing can't find Tim Burton's Batman on DVD.

If the Wii is all gimmicks' date=' how come it STILL has the highest sales of the three? Even in a drop-dead economy the Wii is selling more and more consoles every month. Then again, the XBOX 360 and PS3 are selling more and more each month, but not as much in comparison to the Wii.

[/quote']

PS3 sales are higher than the Wii in Japan. The fact it's cheap is what helps it in this economy.

1) The Wii has been beating PS3 in weekly sales in Japan since the beginning of May.

2) And yet, everytime people say the Wii will start sucking in sales, it never does. Odd.

IMO' date=' out of the 3 consoles, I'd have to say that the 360 is the best of the 3. But the Wii is my personal favorite, because the majority of the games I would want would show up on that console. The 360 has too many FPS's and mature stuff for my tastes. And the PS3 just doesn't have anything that would really appeal to me save the Blue-Ray, and that's only because I f***ing can't find Tim Burton's Batman on DVD.

[/quote']

1) The Wii has been beating PS3 in weekly sales in Japan since the beginning of May.

2) And yet, everytime people say the Wii will start sucking in sales, it never does. Odd.

Beginning of May in what year? =\

Everyone said after SSBB sales die down, Wii sales will die down. Didn't happen then.

Everyone said after WiiFit sales die down, Wii sales will die down. WiiFit sales don't look like they are dying down anytime soon.

PS3 has to be the best. I've played it, the graphics are outstanding, it has a large variety of popular games, similar to the PS2. The only reason it's not selling is because of the shitty economy, otherwise it would be tops (do not deny it, you know it's true).

Reluctantly saying, the 360 is second. I've never enjoyed the 360 as much as the other consoles, but sadly enough it beats the Wii. All the 360 has are good FPSs and nothing else. Plus, online is expensive, especially when the only good games are $60.

Wii is third, making me sad. It has poor graphics (they resemble late PS2 games and very early 360 games) and the controls are poor. Innovating idea, but Nintendo better learn their lesson next time. Wii does have some gems such as Brawl, WL: Shake It! (i loved it) and Twilight Princess, but it does NOT have enough to appeal to more hardcore gamers and/or gamers who don't want only Nintendo-based titles to be any good.

Note: I do not own any of these consoles, nor will I until the PS3 drops in price (Xmas price drops ftw) or the other consoles get some better games besides FPSs and Nintendo character-based ones. I can't wait for the new gen =[

IMO' date=' out of the 3 consoles, I'd have to say that the 360 is the best of the 3. But the Wii is my personal favorite, because the majority of the games I would want would show up on that console. The 360 has too many FPS's and mature stuff for my tastes. And the PS3 just doesn't have anything that would really appeal to me save the Blue-Ray, and that's only because I f***ing can't find Tim Burton's Batman on DVD.

[/quote']

Beginning of May in what year? =\

Everyone said after SSBB sales die down, Wii sales will die down. Didn't happen then.

Everyone said after WiiFit sales die down, Wii sales will die down. WiiFit sales don't look like they are dying down anytime soon.

Didn't make myself quite clear.

The week of Feb 23 '09, the PS3 passed the Wii.

The Wii repassed the PS3 during the week of May 4 '09

A last gen kids console will only sell so much.

Get out of here.

I realise the sales don't die down' date=' [i']but that's only because kids don't know there are better consoles.[/i]

1) Read:

kids console

2) Also, keep in mind that opinion≠fact. So that's only because kids don't know there are consoles that are better in some people's opinions.

3) The italicized part is just retarded.

Wii isn't a kids console. This is a family console. The reason the Wii sells so well is because of that.

The following applies for exclusive titles.

Also the games on the Wii are much more varied then those on the 360, which is mainly shooters. The PS3 has variety but it's problem, as I said in my first post, is that it has like 4 good exclusive titles right now. The Wii has main stream appeal and as a nice list of good exclusives. Also, I will say the 360 has the best library of games, but that doesn't mean crap if those games don't appeal to you.

Also please stop talking about graphics. All they are is eye candy and when saying how good a console is it should be the last thing on the list.

Probably half of my friends are obsessed with the XBOX 360 and PS3, and even they acknowledge the Wii's innovative design.

Maybe Nintendo should have waited until sensor-technology got better, but it gives them a new edge over the other two companies.

And I can see Nintendo being the first company to get virtual reality out, because they have already got this far.

EDIT: Not virtual reality, but putting sensors all over a room so it's real-time and real-location play.

Wii isn't a kids console. This is a family console. The reason the Wii sells so well is because of that.

True, true. So many people just label it as a kids console. Might as well use their logic against them when necessary.

You've got to think broad-scale, though. More than 50% (just an estimate) of Wii users are going to be under 16, labeling them kids. I am not saying that older people are younger people than 13-16 don't play the Wii, but most video game platforms are targeted at this crowd. You won't see my dad playing SSBB, while he will play WiiSports.

You've got to think broad-scale' date=' though. More than 50% (just an estimate) of Wii users are going to be under 16, labeling them kids. I am not saying that older people are younger people than 13-16 don't play the Wii, but most video game platforms are targeted at this crowd. You won't see my dad playing SSBB, while he will play WiiSports.

[/quote']

While that is the bulk of the people playing the games, a large number of them are aimed at adults, or just the family in general. I mean really. What kid is going to play Wii Fit?

You've got to think broad-scale' date=' though. More than 50% (just an estimate) of Wii users are going to be under 16, labeling them kids. I am not saying that older people are younger people than 13-16 don't play the Wii, but most video game platforms are targeted at this crowd. You won't see my dad playing SSBB, while he will play WiiSports.

[/quote']

While that is the bulk of the people playing the games, a large number of them are aimed at adults, or just the family in general. I mean really. What kid is going to play Wii Fit?

A fat kid.

Archived