Console War

Poseidon©

I'm pretty sure it's OK to make this because Rule 9 said "please post in designated threads"

The one and only rule is to not be a Nintendrone, Xbots, or a Sony Defence Force.

Discuss all the faults of the console and compare.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT SPAM OR FLAME!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XBox 360:

Pros:

Currently has more games than the PS3. New DLC's every day. Cheap.

Cons:

Microsoft love their money, dont they? They charge 800MSP($10) for 3 game modes? Rip off. Red Ring of Death. €60 For a years Online Gameplay.

PS3:

Pros:

Brilliant graphics. Will beat the war between the XBox 360 in a few years. Free Online Gameplay. I think. . . . . .

Cons:

Very Expensive to buy. I hear that the CD thing brakes easily (someone confirm?).

Nintendo Wii:

Pros: Fun controls. Mario Galaxy, Zelda, MarioKart etc.

Cons: Games arent always great. Graphics in some games suck.

I own the current big 3 and for me its.

1.PS3

2.XBox 360

3.Wii

PS3 is the best becuse of the Graphics and whats few games it has of it own are very good. its flaw was its cost but im over that now

XBox 360 i like as a gameing machine, Halo 3 being the main reision i got it and becuse it has more games means im on it more, just the graphics are a let down once you play the ps3 so much

Then the Wii, when i got it i dint have the other two, it was amazing, but soon after SSBB i was let down, the only game relie for guys my age is mad world and well thats rubbish, its now down staires in the front room so me, my MUM my sister and co can play it together.....

that about sums it up. The Wii is the lovable puppy i have come to get board of.

The PS3 is the good looking old dog who slow but amazingly dose what you wont him to do

And the XBox 360 is the Golden Labardor who only sometimes crashes and dies!

PS3 main con is the disc processing speed. PS3 spins the disc at 200 revs per minute whereas xbox runs at 400 revs per minute. This allows xbox to have a higher processing power with quicker load times. Also even the sony executive have admitted that PS3 is a horrible console for third parties to programme on and thus lose exculsives.

The Sega Genesis' main flaw is that it's so old' date=' so all you young'uns are too fast for it. As Sonic would say to the Genesis, "You're too slow old man! Go die in a hole!"

[/quote']

Cant relie be classed in the war becuse the war is btween the new consoles. If ya wont a good old games console for me its the MegaDrive

Of the 3 I'd say this has the best, or at least most popular, list of games. However I find it to be a problem that most of those, or at least the most popular, games are FPS or shooters of some kind. Another problem is that the hardware has some major problems and a lot of 360 dye. It's been tested by G4 and they shown that it can take the smallest amount of punishment. The last "problem" is that if for what ever reason you can't get live on the 360 the system just fails that is the things main selling point.

PS3

By far the most powerful of the 3 systems. It has loads of things it can do. The main problem it has is that their aren't many really good exclusive title (I only know of like 4). However this problem is looking to be fixed within a year’s time since E3 should us several good ones.

Wii

It is a great party system since it has a lot of party game. Out side of that it doesn't have that much. To be blunt the Wii, or I should say Nintendo since it is their fault, really doesn't have many games made to appeal to the hard core gamer. Their are several but most of those are just to easy (not to say most games aren't easy now). However much like how the PS3 had games showing off what only the PS3 can do, Nintendo has announced several more core gamer games to come out in about a year. The main one being Other M that I find to just look amazing.

In the end I like the Wii best and that is mainly because the games on the other 2 just don't appeal to me. Sure their are a few that I'd like, but their aren't enough to make me go out and spend $+400 for the system and those games.

Instead of posting a long reasoning why I like/dislike what I like/dislike, here is a basic list.

Number one for me is the Wii. Call me a Nintendo fanboy, but you know it's the best with those sales figures.

Number two is PS3. Doing great in sales, and I will do anything for people to shut up about Halo and CoD. Also, is there even a halo in Halo?

And number three is XBOX 360. Cuz I said so.

Instead of posting a long reasoning why I like/dislike what I like/dislike' date=' here is a basic list.

Number one for me is the Wii. Call me a Nintendo fanboy, but you know it's the best with those sales figures.

Number two is PS3. Doing great in sales, and I will do anything for people to shut up about Halo and CoD. Also, is there even a halo in Halo?

And number three is XBOX 360. Cuz I said so.

[/quote']

ITT: Sales = Quality

I never played the PS3' date=' so I won't judge. All I know is that I wish I got an XBox and not a Wii.

[/quote']

This is a smart man. Everyone else, not really.

Mine is..

1. Wii. Developers are finally learning that there's a hardcore audience. Look at The Conduit and The Grinder, prefect examples. Good gameplay

2. PS3. Allot of variety.

3. Xbox 360. Those dam* Xbot's.

Some to sum it up, if you like shooting games get a Xbox. If you like all types of games get a PS3. If you like good gameplay, get a Wii.

Everyone all the consoles are good up above is ONLY my opinions. If you don't like them, you don't like them. Simple as that.

1. Wii - Not to be biased, but the Wii just has all of my favorite franchises on it. I don't really like the idea of a wiimote, but the Wii's amazing library and features more than makes up for it.

2. XBox 360 - Okay, this system isn't really that great. But they bought out Rareware, which means any Banjo or potential Jet Force Gemini titles will be on a Microsoft sytem from now on, plus Halo and Left 4 Dead were pretty decent games. But this system DOES have some of the most annoying fanboys...

3. PS3 - I dunno, this system just doesn't stand out enough. It's bulky, it's overpriced, and it's library is none too impressive. Sorry guys, it just doesn't make the cut in my eyes.

Hey Cyber, it's not just on YCM, it's in the world. Sales always defines quality, unless you are buying that crappy expensive leather that looks disgusting and burns your butt when you sit on it.

Also, I've never seen the PS3 as bulky.

Archived