• This is pretty good!
    • It's good.
    • It's bad.
    • I don't really like this.
    • This fan-fic SUCKS!!!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 57 was intense. The description of the monster took a while to read, but it was worth seeing the end of a good duel. Keep on writing, Mystery.

Thank you Haou. it's nice to see I have one fan who responds. I'm glad you think this duel turned out quite well. Just wait until I do the duel with the Chaos Liege, but I still have three Chaos henchmen and a few filler chapters and filler duels to go through first. I have an idea of what point I want the duel with the Chaos Liege to reach, but sometimes it is tough to get a duel to reach that point without rushing to that point of the duel. Honestly, I had the hardest time trying to figure out how Arkana would activate Rebirth Judgment, summon Cyberdark dragon and equip Cyber End Dragon to it, which is why this chapter took so long to write. In the end I figured it out, though, which makes me confident that I'll figure how I'll make my desired situation happens in the Chaos Liege's duel. You'll be really surprised when you find out who the Chaos Liege is, and what happens afterward. It'll be quite a shocker and add a brand new plot twist to this trilogy!

• 2 weeks later...

Well that chapter was a bit "Naruto". Don't you think? Overall, good chapter and good duel. I hope to see more soon.

@the bolded: That was the point. It was meant to be a blatant Naruto reference. Sasuke is now a dark emo (as noted by his DARK ace monster and his abandoning of his partner for power/victory, much like what Sasuke did in the anime) and Sakura looks like the Sakura of the Naruto series except with a school uniform. I choose Six Samurai because the Sakura (cherry blossom) plant is associated with Samurais. In fact, I further referenced the team by using Irou and Hand in that duel. Irou was dark like Sasuke and Hand of the Six Samurai looks female and quite flat, like Sakura (the flat part is a joke in NTAS).

The next chapter is the start of something new: another cross-fic. You might know who I'm doing the cross-fic withalready. i promise you the cross-fic will be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 59 is up. It's the start of the cross-fic, but not yet to the interesting part of the cross-fic.

Ok all we need now is a man in an orange jumpsuit with big blonde hair and whiskers walks up to Kim and asks for a duel. But anyway chapter 58 was awesome.

Sadly, there is no guy in an orange uniform and big blonde hair and whiskers yet. He might appear sometime though, but only if I have another Naruto-like chapter. Believe it!

Can't wait for the Duel. I hope it's gonna be good.

I hope so too. I'm still designing the archetype Duke will use. You can see it in the Written Cards section called "A Tale of Two Factions". I won't tell you which faction he'll be using, though, but you will still be able to see/design cards for his archetype and/or the rival archetype.

Yay look at that. Great chapter, can't wait to see how Duke's archetype will work. But you made a mistake in there on one of the lines your called mystery her nor him/her.

Thank you. Sometimes I forget to write both. I usually edit it by then, but thanks for catching me.

BTW, some of the edits I catch before posting just say "him", so which one I use if I write only one is a complete toss-up.

EDIT: Gee, I wonder what the random bad event will be. It wasn't Duke being noticed, though that certainly was an inconvenience to him.

Chapter 60 is up. I didn't really want to think of a really complicated duel with the Amphibites since they and Aliens don't really clash strategies at all, so I kept it really simple. If I have them face off again, that duel will be a lot better one. This chapter also features Mystery character development, so reader beware.

Awesome duel MG all though I think mystery has some explaining to do why is he keeping animals in cages and then giveing them swords while there on a rampage.

If you mean it would be strange for anybody else to see that scene, then yes, Mystery would have to explain what happened.

If you are actually wondering what happened, reread the chapter and I think you'll figure it out.

[spoiler=In case you still don't, here's a hint]

AlienShocktrooperTAEV-EN-C-1E.jpg

Get it now?

• 3 weeks later...

Mystery Guest, are you planning on updating soon?

My cross-fic associate needs to send me the duel before I can update. For some reason, he didn't warn me he was having trouble with the duel until rather recently. For all I know, the duel could take a really long time for him to make.

Archived