1. 1. Do you like this fan-fic?

• Man! I just LOVE this fan-fic!
    • This is pretty good!
    • It's good.
    • It's bad.
    • I don't really like this.
    • This fan-fic SUCKS!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter 70]

The next day at 11:00 AM, Kim walked into the forest. She looked around. This forest has an eerie feeling to it, thought Kim. This forest feels like it has some power over it, protecting it. It also seems to be like a cosmic place in the universe since so many things seem to happen in this forest. Kim then found the open patch, which had a black castle on it. The sky above the castle turned pitch-dark as the night. Kim checked the door; it was unlocked. Kim opened the door and walked inside. Kim had to close her eyes and put her hand in front of her, for it was really quite bright.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” said a woman’s voice. The lights turned down. “I didn’t mean to blind you.”

Kim opened her eyes again and put her arm down. She saw a woman in a black dress that slid on the ground with a white veil on her head. The woman’s hands were covered with one white glove and one black glove. A woman? I certainly didn’t expect this. “Well, if you’re the Chaos Liege, you’re much more polite than I had anticipated. Maybe we should talk before I defeat you so that I can get some answers.”

“Indeed I am the Chaos Liege,” said the woman. She produced a light ball over her white glove and a black ball over her black glove. She threw each in opposite directions to the side of her. Each ball landed in a different torch. The Chaos Liege turned off all the other lights, causing the area to become half light and half dark. “I was hoping you’d say that. I figure I should properly explain my motives before destroying you.”

“Yeah, now that you said that, I think I’ll just choose to duel you now,” said Kim. “Now that I know you’re my enemy and negotiation isn’t possible.” Kim took the Easter Egg deck out of her Duel Disk and put in her Dark Deck. The shadows below her consumed her, changing her into her dark form. Kim activated her duel disk.

“I was afraid of that,” said the Chaos Liege, pacing back and forth. “Just give me some time to explain. After all, this will be the last time we will see each other.”

“This was the only time we saw each other, and I’m enjoying it less and less as you stall the duel,” yelled Kim.

“That, my Kim, is where you are wrong,” said the Chaos Liege. “It’s time for you to know the truth.” The Chaos liege took off her veil. Besides her having golden eyes and white hair, she looked almost exactly like Kim would in twenty years.

Kim had a very shocked look in her face. “M… mom?” asked Kim. “You’re… you’re alive?” Kim’s face then turned to disbelief. “This can’t be true! Dad said you died!”

“Yes, well, your father is a very manipulative man,” said the Chaos Liege. “Very manipulative, controlling, and dark. He’s so powerful, in fact, that he can erase your memory and has no qualms in doing that. He also knows how to program thoughts into people’s heads to make it feel like the indisputable truth to them.”

A lock in Kim’s mind opened. “So dad has been manipulating me this entire time?” asked Kim. “Well, now that you say it, it makes a lot of sense for dad.”

“Yes. How about I start from the beginning of the story,” started the Chaos Liege. “About fifteen or sixteen years ago, I was a young adult with powerful light powers. Then came along the sinner of my whole world, a rather young and dashing Damon Shadow. I could feel his dark power and I knew he was going to be a bad boy, so how I could resist? We got together really fast, got married really fast, and started on a child really fast. Little did I know, he had secretly corrupted me with darkness. By the time you were born, my light power was unnoticeably weakened and I had an unnoticeable darkness in me. You were born with no powers of either light or darkness. At the time, I figured that was the entirety of the case; after all, a child between a pure light and a pure dark would yield a child that would start with no powers but would slowly gain the chaotic powers upon maturity. Once you were born, your father’s true colors started to show slowly. When you were eight, I noticed that you had an affinity to darkness. And I fully realized something that I had dismissed earlier, your father had corrupted me and he was slowly going to corrupt you, too! I knew just how manipulative and controlling your father was and decided to cut my losses by leaving you with him. Over time, the darkness in me grew to the point where my light identity was lost and my chaos identity was born. I thought that maybe, when you were older, I could bring you to my side and we could take down your father. Maybe then, I could heal you of your affinity to darkness and let you use chaos power, like the one you were supposed to. But now that your father has given you his dark deck, the deck that most represents his power, I see that that just isn’t an option anymore. So you were right; negotiation isn’t possible as long as you’re using that dark deck.” The Chaos Liege took off a duel disk ranging from her back and attached it to her arm. It was the shape of an angel, with one side light and the other dark. The outstretched white ting held all the monster cards, the curled in, black wing held the spells and traps with a field spell zone, the angel’s head held the deck, and the body held the Graveyard and Removed-From-Play. The duel disk flashed a bit. “Let’s duel!” Kim and the Chaos Liege drew five cards. “This duel will split the loser’s soul and bring one half to be judged by the light and the other half to be swallowed by the shadows. I’ll go first. I draw!” The Chaos Liege drew a card. “I activate The Sanctuary in the Sky!” The area around them became an area above clouds. A castle lay behind the Chaos Liege. “Next, I activate Valhalla’s special ability: by discarding it, I can add Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen to my hand.” The Chaos Liege discarded the Hecatrice and a card popped out of the deck. The Chaos Liege took it out of the deck, which shuffled itself. “Next, I activate the Valhalla card.” The duel moved to inside the castle on the clouds, in a big red room with a throne. “I use its effect: Once per turn, if I control no monsters, I can special summon a Fairy-type monster from my hand. I call forth Darklord Asmodeus!” An angel with black wings, white clothes, and black armor appeared (ATK 3000). “I activate Darklord Asmodeus’ effect: once per turn, I send a Fairy-type monster from my deck to my Graveyard. I send Archlord Kristya to the Graveyard.” A card popped out of the Chaos Liege’s deck. “I’ll also activate Foolish Burial, so I can send Archlord Superbia to the Graveyard.” Another card popped out of the Chaos Liege’s deck. She sent them both to the Graveyard. “I end my turn.”

A deck utilizing Archlords and Darklords? What a powerful deck, especially since it summoned such a powerful monster in one turn. “I draw!” Kim drew a card. I have to destroy that Asmodeus. It’s probably the strongest monster in that deck, so if I beat it, the deck will be easy to beat, and I think I have just the plan to wipe out that Asmodeus! “I Special Summon Dark Grepher by sending Darklord Zerato to the Graveyard.” Kim sent Darklord Zerato to the Graveyard and a dark swordsman with demonic overalls appeared (ATK 1700). “I activate its effect: by discarding a DARK monster, I can send another one from my deck to the Graveyard.” Kim sent her Dark Horus card from her hand and her Darknight Parshath from jher deck to the Graveyard. “Next, I remove Dark Horus and Darknight Parshath from play to add Dark Nephthys to the Graveyard.” The Dark Horus and Darknight Parshath were sucked into a dark void and Kim sent her Dark Nephthys to the Graveyard. “Next, I activate D.D.R. – Different Dimension Reincarnation. I discard my last card to summon a monster I have removed from play.” Kim discarded her last card: Necro Gardna. “I summon Dark Horus.” A big black dragon appeared (ATK 3000). “Attack the Asmodeus!” The dragon breathed out blue fire. The angel lunged at the dragon. The angel flew through the fire and collided with the dragon.

“When Asmodeus is destroyed, I get two tokens: one Asmo, and the other Deus.” The angel split into two: the main body, wings, and head were the smo token (ATK 1800) and the limbs were the Deus token (ATK 1200).

“That’s fine! Dark Grepher, attack the Deus token!” The swordsman charged and slashed, but the arms and legs avoided the slash. “What?”

“The Asmo token can’t be destroyed by card effects and the Deus token can’t be destroyed in battle. Thanks to The Sanctuary in the Sky, I take no battle damage from battles with either.”

“So your Deus token can’t be destroyed in battle and you take no damage from its battle? Didn’t see that one coming. I end my turn.”

“Then it’s my draw!” The Chaos Liege drew a card. “I summon Trust Guardian.” A small fairy with pink wings and a pink helmet appeared (ATK 0). “Next, I activate Level Tuning, tuning down the levels of all my monsters by 1 until the End Phase.” The monsters looked a little weaker (Levels 3, 3, and 5 -> 2, 2, and 4). “I tune Level 2 Trust Guardian with Level 4 Asmo token and Level 2 Deus token.” The little fairy turned into two white stars, which turned into two green rings. The other two monsters jumped into the rings, becoming two orange wire frames of themselves and producing six white stars between them A pillar of light appeared. “Light and darkness may seem like bitter enemies, but they cannot be without each other. Write the ending of this strange love story! Synchro Summon! Combine the powers, Chaos Goddess!” A woman with a long scepter, a black dress with a white dress layering under it, white hair, one white wing, one black wing, and a big crown appeared (ATK 2500). “Trust Guardian now allows my Chaos Goddess to be protected from battle once per turn, by reducing its ATK and DEF by 400 at the end of the Damage Step. Now I activate Chaos Goddess’s effect: by sending a LIGHT monster from my hand to the Graveyard, I can summon a Level 5 or higher DARK one from the Graveyard. I send Meltiel, Sage of the Sky to the Graveyard to summon Darklord Superbia from the Graveyard.” The Chaos Liege sent a card to the Graveyard and a black orb with big red wings, a red face, and a stand appeared (ATK 2900). “When Superbia is summoned from the Graveyard, I can summon another Fairy from the Graveyard. I choose Archlord Kristya.” A white angel with white armor and red wings appeared (ATK 2800). “As long as Kristya’s on the field, neither player can Special Summon. Superbia, attack the Dark Grepher.” The ball flew toward the swordsman and smashed through it (Kim 8000 -> 6800). “Next, I attack with my other two angels.” The princess and the archangel flew over to Kim. The archangel punched Kim and the princess jabbed with the scepter (Kim 6800 -> 1400). “You have no cards in hand and none on your field. Thanks to Archlord Kristya, you can’t Special Summon your Phoenix either. So, what will you do?”

“You’ll see. I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I use my Dark Polarizing spell card. In order to activate it, I have to remove as many DARK monsters from my Graveyard as you have monsters on the field.” Dark Nephthys, Darklord Zerato, and Dark Grepher were sucked into a dark void. “Now I remove from play all non-DARK monsters on the field and draw cards equal to the number of DARK monsters on the field.” The princess and archangel disappeared into a dark void and Kim drew a card. “The only problem is that, in order to activate this card, I can’t have any monsters on the field and I can’t summon or set monsters this turn. I’ll just set a card and end my turn.” A card appeared in front of Kim.

“Come on! You’ve lost!” I draw!” The Chaos Liege drew a card. “Superbia, attack!” The ball angel charged forward. A small metal guardian blocked the attack and fell nto a dark void. “I removed Necro Gardna to negate your attack.”

“Fine! I end my turn.”

“Good then, my draw!” Kim drew a card. “I activate Burial from a Different Dimension, so I can return Necro Gardna to my Graveyard.” The guardian returned to the Graveyard. “Next, I use Return from the Different Dimension!” Kim lost half of her life points (Kim 1400 -> 700). “At a cost of half my life points, I can bring back my monsters from the removed-from-play. I bring out Dark Horus, Darklord Zerato, Dark Nephthys, Darknight Parshath, and Dark Grepher.” A big dark dragon, a dark fairy with red wings, a dark phoenix, a dark centaur and a dark swordsman with demonic overalls appeared (ATKs 3000, 2800, 2400, 1900, and 1700, respectively). “Darknight Parshath gains 100 ATK for each DARK monster inn my Graveyard.” The centaur’s sword glowed (ATK 1900 -> 2000). “When Dark Nephthys is Special Summoned, it wipes out a Spell or Trap. I’m destroying this castle, The Sanctuary in the Sky!” The phoenix released dark fire from its wings, leaving the entire castle in ruins. “Dark Horus, destroy Superbia!” The big dragon blew dark fire at the fairy (Chaos Liege 8000 -> 7900). “All the others, direct attack!” The swordsmen slashed at the Chaos Liege with their swords while the phoenix blew dark fire on her (Chaos Liege 7900 -> 0). The holograms faded. The Chaos Liege fell.

“Excellent job, Kim,” said the Chaos Liege, weakly. “If anything, you’re a good duelist with that deck. Now, I don’t have much time. Your friends will return. Everyone will return, and all their souls will be returned in the correct places as well. I, however, will not be able to be returned, even if you are defeated.” The Chaos Liege’s body started to glow. “I only ask one thing. Come closer.” Kim walked over to the Chaos Liege, kneeled down, and propped her up. “Take my Chaos Goddess card!” The Chaos Liege held it up. Kim reached for it, but it fragmented into two light pieces and two dark pieces. The two light pieces floated away. “I was afraid this would happen. The light still resists you. Take the dark sections of the card. When you do, you will gain my darkness – more of your father’s darkness. Find the light pieces and combine them with the dark pieces. When you do, you’ll get the Chaos Goddess card and the power to use both light and darkness.” The Chaos Liege’s body glowed brighter. “I don’t have much time left. One more thing: I don’t care when, but please defeat your father.” The Chaos Liege exploded into light and darkness. The light drifted to where the light pieces were and they disappeared. The dark pieces fell into Kim’s hand and the Chaos Liege’s darkness flowed into Kim.

I can’t believe that I really just made my own mother disappear. I have to confront dad about this! Kim ran out into the forest and noticed the castle disappearing behind her. Well, isn’t that kinda strange. Kim then continued running and running, out of the forest and out of the campus grounds. She continued running all the way home. She knocked on the door to her house. Her father opened the door. “Why didn’t you tell me about mom? Why did you wipe my memory of her leaving?”

“So you found the truth,” said Damon. “Come inside and I’ll tell you everything.”

“Fine!” Kim walked in and slammed the door. “Now give me all the answers I want.”

“You believed me?” asked Damon. Blue fire covered the walls. “Guess what, I lied! Loser of the duel gets sucked into the shadows!” Damon took out and activated his duel disk. Kim activated her duel disk.

It seems like this is it! I have my dad’s deck, the power he corrupted my mom with, as well as a lot of other darkness from many other sources! There’s no way I will lose!

[spoiler=Chapter 71]

“I’ll go first!” said Damon. “I draw!” He drew a card. “I activate Pandemonium.” The area turned into an altar with many ruins surrounding it. “Now I summon Archfiend General.” An orange demon with black wings, gray skeleton armor, and a siver sword appeared (ATK 2100). “I’ll set two cards and end my turn.” Two facedown cards appeared in front of Damon.

“It’s my turn. I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I’ll set a monster and two cardas and end my turn.” Three facedown cards, one sideways, appeared in front of Kim.

“You must have gotten quite a bad hand. That deck is usually much more explosive. I would certainly know. My draw!” Damon drew a card. “I summon Archfiend Soldier!” A pink demon with silver horns and a yellow skeleton appeared (ATK 1900). “Archfiend Soldier, attack!” The pink demon slashed at the facedown card, revealed to be a small metal guardian (DEF 1300). The warrior was broken to pieces. “Archfiend Soldier, attack!” The orange demon slashed with his sword (Kim 8000 -> 5900). Blue flame crawled up Kim’s leg. “The closer your life points are to zero, the more the shadows will consume you. Once you hit 0, the shadows will swallow you whole. Anyway, I end my turn.”

“Then I’ll go!” Kim drew a card. “I summon Armageddon Knight!” A swordsman with trash armor appeared (ATK 1400). “I activate Armageddon Knight’s effect, so I can ditch Dark Horus from my deck to my Graveyard.” A card popped out of Kim’s deck. She sent it to the Graveyard. “I end my turn.”

“You seem to be running out of ideas. Well then, let’s see if I can speed this up. I draw!” Damon drew a card. “I summon Terrorking Archfiend!” A red demon with a red crown, beige skeleton armor, blue claws, and a big blue sword appeared (ATK 2000). “Archfiend General, attack Armageddon Knight!” The orange demon slashed at the swordsman (Kim 5900 -> 5200). “Attack!” The pink demon lunged forward.

“I activate Call of the Haunted!” The trap card revealed itself.

“I don’t think so! Mystical Space Typhoon!” A tornado appeared, wiping out the trap. The pink demon continued to lunge forward (Kim 5200 -> 3300). “Attack!” The red demon slashed at Kim (Kim 3300 -> 1300). The darkness crawled even higher, covering much of Kim. “I set a card and end my turn.” A facedown card appeared in front of Damon.

“Then I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I summon Dark Armed Dragon!” A big dragon with metal spiked armor and big claws appeared (ATK 2800). “I activate its effect: I remove Armageddon Knight from play to destroy Pandemonium!” The Armageddon Knight was removed from play.

“I activate Divine Wrath!” Damon discarded a card and a bolt of lightning struck the dragon, destroying it.

“Fine! I Special Summon Dark Grepher by discarding Darklord Zerato.” Kim senty a card to the graveyard and a dark man in demonic overalls appeared crouched down and his sword in front of him (DEF 1600). “I use its effect: I discard Vice Dragon to send Dark Nephthys to the Graveyard.” A card in Kim’s deck popped out. Kim sent that card and the card in her hand to the Graveyard. “I end my turn.”

“Pathetic! This is the last move! I draw!” Damon drew a card. “Thanks to Pandemonium, I don’t have to pay to maintain my Terrorking Archfiend. I activate my facedown Trap Stun, so all Traps this turn are negated.”

What!? But that means that I can’t defend myself with Defense Draw!

“Archfiend Soldier, attack!” The pink demon slashed at the swordsman, destroying it. “Now, Terrorking, attack!” The red crowned demon slashed, only to find a metal guardian blocking the attack. “Necro Gardna, I see. Now I have my General end this!” The orange demon slashed at Kim (Kim 1300 -> 0). The shadows started to devour Kim further.

“NOOOO!!!!” Kim screamed as she disappeared into the shadows.

~

Kim woke up in a room that wasn’t her dorm room. Huh? she asked herself. Where am I, and what happened? Kim saw a mirror and walked over to it. She was in her dark outfit.

“How’s my darling doing?” asked Damon.

“Dad,” started Kim. “What happened?”

“You walked over here and started talking about how you didn’t feel so good, and then you just passed out. I brought you over to this bed for you to rest on and I waited for you to wake up.”

“My mind feels so clear, and I feel so powerful. My memory is kinda foggy.”

“Your memory will return soon, don’t worry about that. Of course you feel powerful. You are the Guardian of Darkness after all. You have THE dark deck, the deck that most represents darkness and its power. You have very much dark power as well.”

“You’re right… I am the Guardian of Darkness, aren’t I!” stated Kim.

“Indeed, but try to be discrete in this. Many people fear and dislike the darkness and may try to destroy you if they see this form of you without getting to really know you personally. Luckily, you’ve got a built-in way of disguising yourself: your necklace.”

“My necklace?” Kim asked, holding onto the black chain necklace with the rather big onyx-black stone at the bottom.

“Yes. Just concentrate and you can change into your human form. Try it.” Kim concentrated and the shadow on the ground covered her body, and then receded, revealing her Duel Academy uniform. “While in this form, you wield the Easter Egg deck.”

“Yes, I remember that. My memory is starting to come back.”

“Basically, you don’t have to take your deck out of the duel disk anymore: you just have to concentrate and, when you change, the deck will too!”

“Indeed, that’s very nice!” responded Kim. “Well, I guess I should be getting back to Duel Academy now.”

“Okay. It was nice of you to visit, even though we really didn’t get to talk too much. I suppose you should be going on your way now.” Kim walked out of the house and Damon closed the door. Kim continued running and running and running past many streets to reach the campus. Kim walked to the open field.

“Kim! Kim!” yelled Mike, running towards her. “There’s something strange about Slash! He’s talking about eliminating you!”

“And I should be worried?” asked Kim.

“It gets worse!” he said. “He was talking aloud and a darker voice was answering him. The only people allowed in the fortress are Wicked Warlocks, and we were all throughout the building except in Slash’s main chamber!”

“Somebody from the outside got in? How did that happen?”

“I don’t know, but if Slash has a partner, you should be very worried.”

“Sounds like this situation will require urgent action to throw them off! Mike, I’m sure Arkana wouldn’t mind an overthrow if it seems I would become the leader. Get Arkana to join our cause and get him to get as many of the Wicked Warlocks to join our cause as well.”

“That much I will do!” asked Mike.

“Meet me right here at five. I have some of my own preparation to do. I’ll see if I can find anyone willing to join me. I’ll check in with you readers a few hours from now.”

A few hours later, Kim and James walked up to the middle of the open field. “I’m glad you decided to join me, James. I’m sure I can use some help.”

“Indeed. Darkness or no darkness, you’re my friend and I’ll protect you,” James responded. Mike and Arkana walked up.

“So what’s the plan?” asked Kim.

“We’ll enter the main chamber through a secret portal,” started Arkana. “That will bring you as close to the Master’s chambers as any portal would. I have members lined up to defend you in case any of the Wicked Warlocks or Slash tries anything. Everything is set up, so time is of the essence. If Slash notices something strange, he’ll have time to prepare. Anyway, let’s go!” Arkana led Mike, Kim, and James to a purple circle deep in the forest. It had twelve circles on it, each with the Kanji for DARK written on them. “We must be well-balanced on these; there are four people, so there should be two spaces between each one of us. Wait!” Arkana looked at James. “You’re not Dark like the rest of us; you can’t join us.”

“Are you sure?” asked James.

“I’ve got an idea,” replied Kim. “You two each stand with three spots between you.” Arkana stood on the spot furthest from where Kim was currently standing and Mike stood four spots closer to Kim. Kim moved to the spot that was the same distance from each of the two dark boys, moving James with her. They stood on the spot and Kim wrapped her arms around James. “Try this now!”

“Okay,” responded Arkana. Arkana charged up his staff and stuck it into the ground. A purple pillar of light appeared on the three spots that were being stood on, to the point where Kim couldn’t see in front of her. When the light receded back into the square, they were in a gray, dungeon-like area, with small torches hanging from the wall lighting the way up the staircase to a big, gray, metal door. About five people in black duel academy uniforms were there. “Alright men. I’m sure you’ve heard of Slash acting strange recently. We know that he knows that Kim has the dark deck and is therefore the heir to the throne of the Wicked Warlocks. Slash, not wanting to lose his seat of power, pointed out that rather obsolete rule that only guys are allowed into the Wicked Warlocks. Kim has a powerful darkness, is a good duelist, is a cute girl, and is more qualified as the leader than Slash. So tell me again, who do you guys want as a leader?”

“Kim!” they shouted.

“That’s why we’re here: to overthrow Slash and let Kim step into the place of power she deserves,” summarized Arkana.

“You guys should just defend me. You guys make it sound like this is my fight, so I’ll make it my fight,” stated Kim.

“That was the plan anyway,” stated Arkana. “Let’s proceed then.”

“I suppose we should take this cautiously,” said Kim.

“EVERYBODY, CHARGE!” shouted Arkana. The Wicked Warlocks charged at the door.

“Of course.” Kim rolled her eyes and ran to the door. Mike and James stood at the bottom of the staircase, looking for anyone who would defend Slash. The Wicked Warlocks opened the door and Kim walked into the master room. Slash looked at Kim.

“Oh, if it isn’t Kim, the girl that threatens my position,” said Slash. “I’m never letting you have this throne.” He took out a scythe and charged up dark power. “And this will be sure you don’t fight back!” He slashed with his scythe, releasing the dark blast. The Wicked Warlocks unleashed some dark power that stopped in front of Kim and negated the scythe slash. “So that’s how it’s gonna be. It looks like there’s only one way to resolve this.” He put away his scythe and took out a duel disk and activated it. “A duel.”

“You’re on!” Kim declared. The Wicked Warlocks walked into the room. Kim concentrated and the darkness covered her. Upon receding, she was in her dark outfit. She activated her duel disk. “Let’s duel!” They each drew five cards.

“I’m the current leader, so I’ll go first. I draw!” Slash drew a card. “I summon XX-Saber Boggart Knight!” A beastly knight with a red cape, blue pants, blue armor, and a glowing sword appeared (ATK 1900). “When Boggart Knight is summoned, I can summon another Level 4 or lower ‘X-Saber’ monster from my hand. I summon XX-Saber Fulhelmknight!” A woman with blond hair, a red cape, orange clothes, black armor, and a chain on her hand appeared (ATK 1300). “I’ll set two cards and end my turn.” Two cards appeared in front of Slash.

“Then I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I summon Dark Valkyria!” A girl in purple clothes, blue armor, and with big, black, metal wings with red orbs on them appeared (ATK 1800). “Dark Valkyria, attack Fulhelmknight!” The fairy flew toward the woman in orange clothes and black armor.

“I activate Fulhelmknight’s effect: I can negate your monster’s attack.” The woman threw out her chain, blocking the fairy’s attack.

“Fine. I set three facedown cards and end my turn.” Three facedown cards appeared in front of Kim.

“You’re making this way too easy. I draw!” Slash drew a card. “I guess now’s as good a time as any to reveal my power.”

“Huh?” asked Kim.

“Behold!” Slash yelled. “I discard a card and activate Slash Draw!” The card appeared on the field. “I send a card to the graveyard for every other card on the field, and then, I draw a card. If that card is Slash Draw, all cards on the field will be destroyed and you take 1000 points of damage for every card destroyed.”

“And so, what are the odds of that?”

“Heh heh heh. You’ll find out. Right now, though, is your last chance to respond. Are you going to use it?”

“Oh course I will. I activate Emergency Provisions by sending the other Spells and Traps I control to the Graveyard, and I gain 1000 Lifer Points for each one.” The facedown revealed itself and the other two facedown cards Kim controlled disappeared (Kim 8000 -> 10000).

“Hmph. So that’s still six cards on the field besides Slash Draw.” Slash sent the top six cards of his deck to the Graveyard. “And now, I’ll show you the power of the Reaper!” He raised his right hand, which had a skull marking on it. The Grim Reaper appeared behind him. “So I can draw the card Slash Draw.” Slash put his right hand on his deck. “Say goodbye.” He drew his card, releasing a dark energy blast that knocked out all the cards on the field and slammed Kim (Kim 10000 -> 4000). “Don’t forget that I still have a card in hand, and I plan on using it. I summon XX-Saber Darksoul!” A human shaped creature in blue armor, red cape, a hood, and a scythe appeared (ATK 100). “Darksoul, attack!” The hooded creature slashed at Kim (Kim 4000 -> 3900). “I end my turn.”

“I was expecting something better from you, Slash. Then again, you not really being a threat might be why your own subordinates are trying to replace you. I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I hope that monster has a powerful special ability, because 100 points isn’t too impressive. I summon Dark Grepher!” A dark swordsman with demonic overalls and a silver sword appeared (ATK 1700). “I activate its effect: I discard a DARK monster from my hand and send a DARK monster from my deck to the Graveyard.” Kim discarded Dark Horus and sent Necro Gardna to the Graveyard. “Dark Grepher, attack!” The swordsman slashed at the beast (Slash 8000 -> 6400). “I end my turn.”

“At the end of a turn that Darksoul was sent to the Graveyard, I can add an ‘X-Saber’ monster from my deck to my hand.” A card popped out of his deck. He picked it up and revealed it X-Saber Anu Piranha. “Now I draw!” Slash drew a card. “I summon X-Saber Anu Piranha.” A woman with blond hair in red and black armor with a long, flexible sword appeared (ATK 1800). “Anu Piranha, attack!” The woman whipped the man with her sword (Kim 3900 -> 3800). “I set a card and end my turn.” A facedown card appeared in front of Slash.

“Now I draw!” Kim drew a card. If I put two cards on the field, he’ll activate Slash Draw. I need to think about my next move carefully. “I’ll just set a card and end my turn.” A card appeared facedown in front of Kim.

“Then I draw!” Slash drew a card. “Anu Piranha, attack!” The swordwoman lunged forward.

“I summon Battle Fader!” A pendulum appeared and chimed, blocking the attack.

“That’s fine. I activate Gottoms’ Emergency Call, letting me bring out XX-Saber Darksoul and XX-Saber Fulhelmknight.” The woman in orange clothes and black armor appeared, as well as the human figure with the scythe (ATKs 1300 and 100). “Next, I discard a card for Slash Draw!” The card appeared.

“Luckily, I have a response. I activate Damage Translation!” The trap revealed itself. “This card halves all damage I’ll take this turn.”

“Grr.” Slash sent five cards from his deck to the Graveyard and drew one. A dark aura slashed through the four monster’s Damage Transslation card (Kim 3800 -> 1300). “At the end of my turn, Darksoul adds an ‘X-Saber’ from my deck to my hand.” A card popped out of his deck. He revealed it XX-Saber Emmersblade.

“Don’t forget that I get a Ghost token.” A small ghost appeared (DEF 0). “Anyway, it’s my turn. I draw!” Kim drew a card. “Since four different DARK monsters are in my Graveyard, I can summon this with one DARK tribute. Without further ado, I tribute my Ghost token for Darklord Zerato.” The ghost turned into a rainbow portal, out of which came a dark fairy with red wings, a red helmet with purple horns, and a silver sword (ATK 2800). “Darklord Zerato, attack Slash directly!” The dark fairy flew over to and attacked Slash (Slash 6400 -> 3600). “That’s it for my turn.”

Pathetic. I draw!” Slash drew a card. “I set a monster and end my turn.” A sideways facedown card appeared in front of Slash.

“You’re calling me pathetic? I draw!” Kim drew a card. “Darklord Zerato, attack!” The dark fairy slashed at the facedown, revealing itself to be an armored insect with a red cape and green swords (DEF 1300).

“You’ve activated my Emmersblade’s effect: I can summon a Level 4 or lower ‘X-Saber’ out of my deck. I choose XX-Saber Ragigura.” A green reptile with a red cape and two daggers appeared (ATK 200). “When Ragigura is Special Summoned, I can add an ‘X-Saber’ monster from my Graveyard to my hand.” A card popped out of Slash’s graveyard. He revealed it XX-Saber Boggart Knight.

“I end my turn.”

“Then I draw!” Slash drew a card. “I summon XX-Saber Boggart Knight.” A beastly knight with a red cape, blue pants, blue armor, and a glowing sword appeared (ATK 1900). “Since I control two ‘X-Saber’ monsters, I can Special Summon XX-Saber Faultroll in my hand.” A man with red armor, wielding a giant sword appeared (ATK 2400). “Next, I use Faultroll’s effect: I can resurrect an ‘X-Saber’ monster. I choose XX-Saber Fulhelmknight!” The young woman with blond hair and orange and black armor appeared (ATK 1300). “I tune Level 3 Fulhelmknight with Level 6 Faultroll.” The young woman turned into three white stars, which turned into three green wings. The muscular man jumped into the rings and turned into a orange wire frame with six white stars in it. A pillar of light consumed them all. “Masters of the Saber, unite! True war talent will never be forgotten! Synchro Summon! Slash ignorance away, XX-Saber Gottoms!” A best covered completely in metal armor, with a red cape and a sword appeared (ATK 3100). “XX-Saber Gottoms, attack!” The giant armored beast charged forward.

“I activate Necro Gardna’s effect to stop the attack just once.” The giant monster’s sword slash was blocked.

“That’s fine. I use Gottoms’ effect: I tribute Ragigura to have you discard a card.” The lizard disappeared. Kim discarded the Darknight Parshath. “I end my turn.”

“I draw!” Kim drew a card. “Darklord Zerato, attack Boggart Knight!” The dark fairy slashed at the knight (Slash 3600 -> 2700). “I end my turn.”

“I draw!” Slash drew a card. “I summon X-Saber Palomuro.” A green lizard with brown spiky armor appeared (ATK 200). “Gottoms, attack!” The giant beast slashed at the dark fairy (Kim 1300 -> 1000). “Palomuro, attack!” The lizard slashed with his sword (Kim 1000 -> 800). “I use Gottoms’ effect: I Tribute it to send the card in your hand to the Graveyard.” The lizard disappeared and Kim discarded her hand. “I end my turn.”

“Well, I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I summon The Dark Creator!” A giant, dark titan appeared (ATK 2300). I can summon him when I have five or more DARK monsters in my Graveyard but no monsters on my field. I activate its effect: I remove Darklord Zerato from my Graveyard to summon Dark Valkyria!” The girl in purple with blue armor and black wings appeared again (ATK 1800). “I Second Summon Dark Valkyria.” The girl started sparkling. “Next, I activate its effect to add a Spell Counter to it.” The orbs on her wings started glowing. “Next, I remove the Spell Counter to destroy Gottoms.” The girl released a powerful blast from her wings, destroying the metal armored beast. “Darklord Zerato and Dark Valkyria, attack directly!” The girl punched Slash and the titan released a dark energy blast at Slash (Slash 2700 -> 0). The holograms faded.

“Ha ha ha!” shouted a voice. The Grim Reaper then rose out of Slash’s body. “I gave him the dark power to become the ruler of the Wicked Warlocks. Since he was defeated, I don’t think he’ll be of any use to me,” continued the Grim Reaper. He picked up his scythe and slashed the air.

“How about we duel?” asked Kim.

“Fine, but I must warn you, the stakes will be higher than any duel you have ever participated in.” He slashed, and the area around them became a graveyard surrounded by souls and floating skulls. “If you win, I will leave this place and never come back. I will move to another part of the world, but I guarantee you it won’t be in Satellite or in any place I have already visited. If you lose, however, the ghosts will rip the soul from your body and feast on it.” Zombies started to come out of the ground.

“Of course I accept your challenge!” Kim activated her duel disk again.

“You have no idea what you got yourself into.” A giant deck rose out of the ground and rested a little bit in front of the Grim Reaper. “Let’s duel!”

[spoiler=Chapter 72]

“Watch the ultimate technique of this game!” Five of the big cards levitated to in front of him. Kim drew five cards. “I will go first. I draw!” The top card levitated to in front of the Grim Reaper. “I activate Foolish Burial. With it, I can send a monster from my deck to the Graveyard. I choose Vengeful Lost Soul Soldier.” A card in the giant deck popped out of the deck, revealed itself Vengeful Lost Soul Soldier, and sunk into the ground. A tombstone appeared marked “Soldier”. “Next, I summon the tuner monster, Lost Soul Necromancer.” A translucent spirit with a big cloak and two small, black hands appeared (ATK 800). “Next, I activate its effect: by paying 800 Life Points, I can activate both of its effects: I send a monster in my Extra Deck to the Graveyard and I summon back a Level 4 or lower ‘Lost Soul’ monster from my Graveyard. I send Vengeful Lost Soul Dragon to the Graveyard and bring back Vengeful Lost Soul Soldier.” A stack of cards appeared next to the deck. A card slid itself out of it, revealed itself Vengeful Lost Soul Dragon, and slipped into the Graveyard. A tombstone appeared marked “Dragon”. The stack of cards slid into the ground. A shadowy spirit burst through the tombstone marked “Soldier” and turned into the shape of a human with heavy armor (ATK 1800). The Grim Reaper received a dark aura, but he didn’t seem to rally notice (Grim Reaper 8000 -> 7200).

“Why did you send your Synchro monster to the Graveyard? Don’t you need it in your Extra Deck to Synchro Summon?” asked Kim.

“The ‘Vengeful Lost Soul’ monsters are very different from other monsters. They cannot be summoned from anywhere other than the Graveyard. Let me show you. I tune my Level 3 Lost Soul Necromancer to my Level 4 Vengeful Lost Soul Soldier.” The spirit with the dark cloak and black hands turned into three white stars, which turned into three green rings. The shadowy human spirit jumped into it and turned into an orange wireframe of his shape with four white stars. A pillar of light appeared. “The Earth will shatter and the boundary will be broken! Vengeful souls shall now rule! Synchro Summon! Undefeated legend, Vengeful Lost Soul Dragon!” A dark shadow with the form of a smoky dragon burst through the gravestone (ATK 2700). The gravestone marked “Soldier” reassembled. “I end my turn.”

Synchro Summoning from the Graveyard? I’m gonna have to be careful, since he can just keep bringing it back. “I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I discard Darklord Zerato to Special Summon Dark Grepher!” A dark swordsman with demonic overalls appeared (ATK 1700). “Next, I activate his effect: I discard another DARK monster to send one from my deck to my Graveyard.” Kim sent Dark Horus from her hand and Dark Voltanis from her deck to the Graveyard. “Next, since I have exactly three DARK monsters in the Graveyard, I can summon Dark Armed Dragon!” A giant dark dragon with spiked armor and big fists appeared (ATK 2800). “Next, I remove two DARK monsters in my Graveyard to send Dark Nephthys to the Graveyard.” Darklord Zerato and Dark Horus disappeared into a dark void and a dark phoenix flew into a grave with blash ash on the ground. “Next, I remove Dark Voltanis from my Graveyard from play to activate Dark Armed Dragon’s ability: I destroy your Lost Soul Dragon!” The spiked dragon lit up a dark fireball and threw it toward the smoky dragon. The smoky dragon exploded.

“I remove my Vengeful Lost Soul Dragon from play. Another thing about ‘Vengeful Lost Soul’ monsters is that I either have to remove them from play or lose life, which doesn’t appear to be an optimal strategy against you.” The Vengeful Lost Soul Dragon was sucked into a dark void.

“You know it isn’t. Now, Dark Grepher and Dark Armed Dragon, attack!” The swordsman slashed at the Grim Reaper and the dragon punched him. He didn’t react to either (Grim Reaper 7200 -> 2700). “I end my turn. It looks like you’re already down.”

“You have one card in your hand. I draw!” A card floated up to the Grim Reaper. “I have five, and I’ll show you their power by turning this game around. I activate Vengeful Lost Souls’ Dimension Game. To activate it, I must send two monsters in my hand away: one to the Graveyard and one to exile.” The Continuous Spell card dropped itself onto the field, another monster sunk into the ground, and another monster flew into a dark void. A gravestone appeared “Sphinx”. “Next, I activate Graveyard of the Lost Souls.” The graveyard arena turned darker and more spirits flew around and closer to the ground. “While this card is out, the only way cards can be removed from the Graveyard from play except by ‘Lost Soul’ cards. In addition, I can get one of two effects every turn, and I’ll use one right now: I send Vengeful Lost Soul Condor back to the Graveyard.” A monster card came back from the dark void, sunk into the ground, and made a tombstone marked “Condor”. “Next, I use my Condor’s ability: I can Special Summon it from my Graveyard by removing your Dark Nephthys from play.” A shadowy condor broke out of the gravestone (ATK 2400) and Dark Nephthys flew into a dark void. “Furthermore, I can Normal Summon my Vengeful Lost Soul Sphinx from my Graveyard, and I do so.” A shadowy sphinx broke out of its tombstone (ATK 600). “Next, I use its ability: I return a monster on the field to the hand. I choose Dark Armed Dragon.” The spiky dragon disappeared back into Kim’s hand. “Vengeful Lost Soul Condor, attack Dark Grepher!” The shadow bird created a foggy wind gust (Kim 8000 -> 7300). “Vengeful Lost Soul Sphinx, attack!” The shadowy sphinx pounced on Kim and knocked her down (Kim 7300 -> 6700). “I still have one card in hand to spare. I’ll set it.” The last floating card set itself facedown in front of the Grim Reaper. “Next, I’ll remove your Dark Grepher to summon back Vengeful Lost Soul Soldier.” The shadowy soldier broke through the tombstone (ATK 1800) and Kim’s warrior was sucked into a dark void. “I end my turn. Let’s see what you can do, if anything.”

“You’d be surprised. I draw!” Kim drew a card. “I activate Chaos Draw. Since I have four cards removed from play and none in my Graveyard, I’m allowed to draw two cards.” Kim drew two cards. Kim looked at her handI’m unable to remove cards from Graveyards, but that doesn’t mean I can’t bring them back. This will be a solid route to my victory. “I summon Doomsday Horror!” A black imp with small wings and glowing green eyes appeared (ATK ?). “Its ATK points are equal to the number of DARK monsters that are removed from play x 300. None of your monsters are DARK, but mine are, so he gets a fair power boost (ATK 1200). “Doomsday Horror, attack the Sphinx!” The imp slashed at the small sphinx (Grim Reaper 2700 -> 2100).

“I choose to remove the Sphinx rather than lose life points.” The sphinx was sucked into a dark void.

“I’ll just end at a facedown.” Kim placed a card facedown. If I can get a Spell destruction card next turn and he does all the moves I think he will, I’ll win this duel.

“I draw!” A card levitated to the Grim Reaper. “Vengeful Lost Soul’s’ Dimension Game’s effect activates: it switches the ‘Vengeful Lost Soul’ monsters in my Graveyard and removed from play.” The graveyard was free of Vengeful Lost Souls, but that changed when the dragon and sphinx sunk back into the ground, rebuilding the gravestones. “I’ll attack your Doomsday Horror with my Condor!” The shadowy bird released a smoky gust, wiping out the imp (Kim 6700 -> 5500).

“When my Doomsday Horror is destroyed, all DARK monsters are returned to the Graveyard.” Four cards were taken from the void back into Kim’s graveyard. “Well, now I’m defenseless. Aren’t you going to attack me?”

“Hold that thought: I activate Needlebug Nest.” The trap revealed itself. “I send five more cards to the Graveyard.” The top five cards of the deck sunk into the Graveyard, creating an “Angel” tombstone and a “Baby Coelacanth” tombstone. “No, I think I’m fine. Onto Main Phase 2.”

What!

“I have a feeling that you’re luring me into a trap, so I’ll avoid that situation. I remove Darklord Zerato to summon Vengeful Lost Soul Angel!” A shadowy figure flew out of and broke the “Angel” tombstone (ATK 2000). “Next, I’ll use Vengeful Lost Soul Dragon’s effect to remove your Dark Horus.” The smoky dragon burst out of the “Dragon” tombstone (ATK 2700) as the Dark Horus card was sucked into a dark void. “Next, I use Graveyard of the Lost Souls’ effect to summon back Vengeful Lost Soul Baby Coelacanth at a cost of 300 Life Points, 300 for each Level.” The Grim Reaper barely noticed his life points being drained (Grim Reaper 2100 -> 1800) as a small shadowy fish broke out of the “Baby Coelacanth” tombstone (ATK 300). The Grim Reaper’s whole field was swarmed with shadowy figures. “And look at that: Soldier, Condor, Baby Coelacanth, Dragon, and Angel altogether. Five ‘Vengeful Lost Soul’ monsters on the field at the same time without even a Normal Summon this turn.”

“I get it, that’s impressive. You don’t need to gloat.”

“Oh, but I do, since those are the summoning conditions of the ultimate Soul monster: me.” The card in his hand revealed itself The Grim Reaper - Soul Collector. “I Tribute all five of these monsters to summon out The Grim Reaper – Soul Collector.” The five shadowy figures disappeared as the Grim Reaper split into two and one jumped onto the field. The cloaked skeleton with a scythe slashed its scythe (ATK 4000). “When my card is summoned, all ‘Vengeful Lost Souls’ are returned to the deck. When a monster is destroyed in battle, I remove any number of ‘Vengeful Lost Soul’ monsters up to the level of the destroyed monster from my hand, deck, Extra Deck, and Graveyard. When all twenty-one are removed from play by this effect, I win automatically.”

So that’s why he didn’t care about his Life Points too much: he was just trying to swarm to summon that card. But that’s quite a lot to risk; after all, he knows I have Dark Armed Dragon to destroy it.

“And before you think about it, the Grim Reaper cannot be destroyed.”

Darn!

“I end my turn!”

“Well then, I draw!” Kim drew a card. I need something stronger, but the only monster that’s that strong is Rainbow Dark Dragon, which will be tough to summon already. I can defend with dark Armed Dragon, but that’s probably what he wants me to do so he can clear seven out of his twenty-one monsters out. Maybe I should hold onto it in case I get the power-up cards to help Dark Armed Dragon surpass the Grim Reaper. Anyway, until then, I’m playing defensive. “I end my turn.”

“Really? You’re not gonna put up a fight against my card? I draw!” A card floated up to the Grim Reaper. “And I activate it immediately! Double Cyclone!” Two tornados appeared, wiping out Vengeful Lost Souls’ Dimension Game and Kim’s facedown Flashbang card. “So that’s why you wanted me to attack. Well, it can’t save you now. Grim Reaper, attack!” The grim reaper monster slashed with his scythe (Kim 5500 -> 1500). “I end my turn.”

How am I going to defend myself against that thing? I can’t destroy it. If I defend myself with monsters, he’ll destroy them and further advance his other victory condition. Maybe I’ll think about this after I draw. “I draw!” Kim drew a card. Perfect! If I can get one more card…. “I set two cards and end my turn.” Two cards appeared in front of Kim.

“My turn. I draw!” A card levitated to in front of the Grim Reaper. “Grim Reaper, attack!” The grim reaper monster slashed with his scythe.

“I activate Defense Draw, so I draw a card and take no damage.” Kim drew a card and a clear shield blocked the scythe.

“Fine. I end my turn.”

“Then I draw!” Please let it be that card. Kim drew a card and looked at it. Yes! “Since I have exactly three DARK monsters in my Graveyard, I can summon Dark Armed Dragon.” The spiky dragon with big claws reappeared (ATK 2800). “Dark Armed Dragon, attack!” The dragon started to throw his punch.

“Did you just decide to give up?”

“Nope. I discard a card to activate Rising Energy on Dark Armed Dragon and then Shrink on yours.” Kim’s facedown card revealed itself Rising Energy. Kim discarded a card and the dark spiky dragon grew stronger (ATK 2800 -> 4300) while the grim reaper monster grew weaker (ATK 4000 -> 2000). The punch collided (Grim Reaper 1800 -> 0). The holograms faded and the Graveyard arena changed back to the regular scenery.

“You won this round, but I guarantee you I’ll find another host.” The Grim Reaper then noticed darkness crawling up his cloak. “W-What’s this?”

“You didn’t notice it, but I changed the duel into a Shadow Game when you were changing the scenery into a Graveyard. Rather than being able to disappear into another place on earth, you’ll just disappear… completely!” James ran into the room as the Grim Reaper slowly disappeared.

“Wow, Kim, you did it!” yelled James as he ran over to and hugged Kim.

Well, at least nobody has to worry about the Grim Reaper anymore.

“That was an amazing duel!” Arkana exclaimed as he pulled James off Kim. Mike ran up after Arkana. Arkana sensed Slash’s aura: only a small amount of darkness was there. “It looks like Slash isn’t really a dark sorcerer. Throw Slash out!” Arkana told the other boys. The boys brought Slash’s unconscious body out of the room. “So, after that’s done, what your first order of business, Kim?”

“Huh?” asked Kim.

“We did all of this to give you the power you deserved: the leader of the Wicked Warlocks,” stated Arkana. “You’ll be a great leader. Forget what Slash said.”

“Slash was right about one thing though: I’m a girl, and this is traditionally an all-boys club,” responded Kim. “Sure, I’m qualified, and I have the dark deck, but I still feel like I really shouldn’t. I hope you can understand.”

“Yeah, I suppose,” said Arkana.

“So is she with us?” asked the other members upon returning.

“Nope,” said Arkana. “She doesn’t want to join, and we should respect her opinion. Although this means we don’t have a leader.”

“Then, how about I do this?” responded Kim. “You and Mike duel for leader position.”

“That okay with you, Mike?” asked Arkana to Mike.

“You’re on!” declared Mike.

“If this is what you want, Kim, I’d be happy to honor your suggestion,” stated Arkana. “Just remember you can join in at any time and take the leader position. Everyone will back you up on it. Are you going to witness the duel?”

“No, I’d like to be escorted out,” stated Kim. James, Kim, and three Wicked Warlocks walked to the portal as Arkana and Mike activated their duel disks. Kim wrapped her arms around James as she stood on a circle and the other three lined up two spaces between each other. A beam of light appeared, blocking the view. When the pillar of light receded, they were deep in the forest again. Kim walked off the platform, James stumbling. The other three arranged themselves accordingly and disappeared into light again.

“That second teleportation took a lot out of me. Can we rest?” asked James.

“Sure,” said Kim as she changed back into her school uniform. She found a tree to sit up against and sat down. James sat down in front of Kim. Kim spread her legs, reached over, and pulled James in. James fell asleep in Kim’s arms. The wind blew, causing leaves to fall from the trees.

Aww. Such a romantic setting… Kim thought. She rubbed the end of her nose against James’ cheek. Thank you for helping me on my mission.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things first this is a great fan fic. Number two do these five with duel spirits have something to do with the charmer series of monster because there duel spirits match the charmers familiars?

1. Thank you.

2. I don't want to give away too much' date=' but they'll explain a bit of their back-story on Spirit Day.

Stop ending the chapter at the start of a Duel >.<

There will probably a few chapters where a duel is just too far off in the distance or one point in the middle can end with something epic that I feel I can end the chapter in the middle of the time between two duels, but otherwise I like this cycle of duel and story. It does two things:

1. It leaves you in suspense about how the duel will go.

2. It makes you wonder about what will happen after the duel in each scenario.

what's wrong with that? It leaves us wanting another chap quickly' date=' and I like every single one that way.

[/quote']

Also that. Thank you for pointing that out ragnarok.

Hey.

1. I must say I dislike English namings.

2. What Umbra said was right. You should try to bend your format a bit to make it attractive for the bigger audience.

3. I hope it doesn't really become like GX.

I'll try to check as much as I can.

1. Well' date=' that's just you. I'm sure not many of the other people mind as long as they know who's who. Plus, I try to keep my fics 4kids friendly (don't ask why), so I use the dub names.

2. I'll try something new. I'll try to address the problem of there being little to no detail.

3. It might, it might not. There will be a few things similar, but I'll try to keep it different.

I personally don't mind it being GX like TOO much, as long as it gets more serious very soon

It will. I'm sure of it.

Chapter 6 is up. I'm hoping the duel is formatted to the liking of many of the fans.

As for the duel-storyline cycle, I was thinking of Episode format chapters. If you like this idea better than duel-storyline cycle, please comment and use your expert wisdom to tell me where each of the previous chapters would have had their episodes begin and end if this fic were a Yugioh show.

if you like the duel-storyline cycle better, please tell me that too. there will be a few chapters which will have a moment suspenseful enough to end right there rather than continue on.

As for Kim getting more friends, don't worry, she will.

is this arkana related to or is the one from the yugioh series

If he were related to any yugioh character, he would probably be the grandson of Arkana from the Yugioh second series anime. Whether he's related to that Arkana or not will not serve any significance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived