Why does everyone hate Republicans?

Sparta™

They were the best thing to come along. For example, remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington? Theodore Roosevelt? Some current people that are great They are all great people. What's wrong with Conservative thoughts? What is wrong with low Taxes? What is wrong with cutting spending? What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything? What's wrong with opposing gun control? Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012? You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd, Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

Now that the long speech is over, what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

No matter what happens, even though I do not like what's happening, Obama is my president, and I will always support the office of the presidency.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an incident with whether or not what she said was offensive. I personnaly think gay marriages are fine (cause I know 2 really nice guys that live together) as long as you don't do anything sexual.

Well, I do not support Gay Marriage, but I do support gay partnerships. Those are fine.

They hate gays.

That good enough?

I fall under the category of Republican' date=' and I don't hate gays. I know other people with republican views who don't hate them either. I find it hilarious that all the purported homophobia is lauded as the result of ignorance, yet someone who's against homophobia made a very ignorant comment while arguing against it.

The idea of conservatism on it's own is flawed, because everyone wants to change something.

I'm assuming you're a democrat by your posts here. Obama is our current democrat president. "Change" was essentially Obama's campaign slogan. Your posts reek of hypocrisy.

Oh, and before you get after me about how "Not all democrats have the same views", your first post made a similar assumption about republicans. Just thought I'd attempt to avert any more hypocritical statements.

They hate gays.

That good enough?

I fall under the category of Republican' date=' and I don't hate gays. I know other people with republican views who don't hate them either. I find it hilarious that all the purported homophobia is lauded as the result of ignorance, yet someone who's against homophobia made a very ignorant comment while arguing against it.

[/quote']

Point taken. I withdraw my earlier comment.

They were the best thing to come along.

Long from it.

For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington? Theodore Roosevelt?

[/quote']

Lincoln was a republican when the parties were basically the opposite of what they are now. Washington had not political affiliation. Roosevelt was one of if not the only good republican besides Lincoln.

Some current people that are great They are all great people. What's wrong with Conservative thoughts?

By which you mean...? I'm gonna say because its highly influenced by religion and often involves voilence to get anything done?

What is wrong with low Taxes?

Lowering taxes cuts funding to things like schools and public playgrounds the the salaries of workers contracted by the city.

What is wrong with cutting spending?

Nothing' date=' as long as the cuts are efficient and take away from programs that are no longer needed.

What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything?

Nothing. This is one of the few conservitive ideals I agree with.

What's wrong with opposing gun control?

By that you mean forbidding the sale of (semi)automatic weapons? I don't think that people shouldn't be allowed to purchase guns. I just don't think that any civilians need semiautomatic weaponry.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012?

No. Its because she can't give a straight answer to anything. She rambled about being able to see a small Russian military compound on an island from a hill in Alaska when asked about foreign policy.

You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act?

No. And neither does anyone else because the Consumer Reinvestment Act. Its called the Community Reinvestment Act. And Bill Clinton didn't sign the original act. It was Jimmy Carter. Clinton only helped to make it more reliable and more cost effective.

That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed.

No' date=' it didn't. It was designed to eradicate financial descrimination among low income neighborhoods.

Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd, Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

Care to give examples?

Now that the long speech is over' date=' what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?[/quote']

Overall ignorance and disreguard for the rights of people who are not like them.

No matter what happens' date=' even though I do not like what's happening.

[/quote']

Not a lot of people do.

Obama is my president' date=' and I will always support the office of the presidency.

[/quote']

Long from it.

For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington? Theodore Roosevelt?

[/quote']

Lincoln was a republican when the parties were basically the opposite of what they are now. Washington had not political affiliation. Roosevelt was one of if not the only good republican besides Lincoln.

Some current people that are great They are all great people. What's wrong with Conservative thoughts?

By which you mean...? I'm gonna say because its highly influenced by religion and often involves voilence to get anything done?

Lowering taxes cuts funding to things like schools and public playgrounds the the salaries of workers contracted by the city.

Nothing' date=' as long as the cuts are efficient and take away from programs that are no longer needed.

What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything?

By that you mean forbidding the sale of (semi)automatic weapons? I don't think that people shouldn't be allowed to purchase guns. I just don't think that any civilians need semiautomatic weaponry.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012?

No. Its because she can't give a straight answer to anything. She rambled about being able to see a small Russian military compound on an island from a hill in Alaska when asked about foreign policy.

You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act?

No. And neither does anyone else because the Consumer Reinvestment Act. Its called the Community Reinvestment Act. And Bill Clinton didn't sign the original act. It was Jimmy Carter. Clinton only helped to make it more reliable and more cost effective.

That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed.

No' date=' it didn't. It was designed to eradicate financial descrimination among low income neighborhoods.

Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd, Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

Care to give examples?

Now that the long speech is over' date=' what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?[/quote']

Overall ignorance and disreguard for the rights of people who are not like them.

[/quote']

Not a lot of people do.

Obama is my president' date=' and I will always support the office of the presidency.

[/quote']

Well that's good to hear.

Before I say anything, I envy you for being a Republican and still staying loyal to your Democratic President. I commend you greatly for that.

Clinton was a moron.

Anyways, I plan to answer some of your questions. I am a full-out Democrat, so I'll try to be as least biased as possible.

First of all, no one trusts Repub's anymore. After the 2001-2009 Bush leadership, he got us into deeper sheet. Clinton sucked as well, but Bush didn't do anything to help the economy. The only thing he did correctly was preventing planned terrorist attacks, bar 9/11 which was partly (mostly) Clinton's fault as it is. When McCain gave his policies, they seemed the same as Bush's, and Americans did not want to weather another 4-8 years with a Republican, so they voted for Obama. He promised change and seemed to be a young and hip President. Hell, for all we know all of his plans could be bullshit. But McCain didn't have much of a plan. McCain, in my opinion, had no chance of winning. It was the wrong time for him to run in an election, and he would have had a better chance when America trusted Republican's.

Sarah Palin. A governer of Alaska. The way I see it, McCain had more of a chance winning with no Vice President than Sarah Palin. She was educated, I am not saying she was a hobo, but she just sounds really stupid. In debates, on interviews, etc. She sounded like she just came out of middle school. She made too many mistakes. I won't really elaborate on that, but people don't hate Palin because she is a woman. That's like saying my uncle didn't vote for Obama cuz he is black. Palin had really stupid ideas (ie, bridge to nowhere) and didn't sound intellectual. She basically costed McCain any chance at winning.

EDIT:

I support gay marriages, because I don't believe the government has no damn right to tell me who I can/can't marry. Republican's aren't winning a lot of support by not accepting gay marraiges.

Before I say anything' date=' I envy you for being a Republican and still staying loyal to your Democratic President. I commend you greatly for that.

Clinton was a moron.

Anyways, I plan to answer some of your questions. I am a full-out Democrat, so I'll try to be as least biased as possible.

First of all, no one trusts Repub's anymore. After the 2001-2009 Bush leadership, he got us into deeper s***. Clinton sucked as well, but Bush didn't do anything to help the economy. The only thing he did correctly was preventing planned terrorist attacks, bar 9/11 which was partly (mostly) Clinton's fault as it is. When McCain gave his policies, they seemed the same as Bush's, and Americans did not want to weather another 4-8 years with a Republican, so they voted for Obama. He promised change and seemed to be a young and hip President. Hell, for all we know all of his plans could be bullshit. But McCain didn't have much of a plan. McCain, in my opinion, had no chance of winning. It was the wrong time for him to run in an election, and he would have had a better chance when America trusted Republican's.

Sarah Palin. A governer of Alaska. The way I see it, McCain had more of a chance winning with no Vice President than Sarah Palin. She was educated, I am not saying she was a hobo, but she just sounds really stupid. In debates, on interviews, etc. She sounded like she just came out of middle school. She made too many mistakes. I won't really elaborate on that, but people don't hate Palin because she is a woman. That's like saying my uncle didn't vote for Obama cuz he is black. Palin had really stupid ideas (ie, bridge to nowhere) and didn't sound intellectual. She basically costed McCain any chance at winning.

EDIT:

I support gay marriages, because I don't believe the government has no damn right to tell me who I can/can't marry. Republican's aren't winning a lot of support by not accepting gay marraiges.

[/quote']

1. She "stopped" the bridge to nowhere in Alaska.

2. The campaign kept her away from the public and tried to tell her how to speak untill she finally broke out on her own and America could see the real Palin which you missed.

3. Before McCain announced his Vice President he was 9+ points behind Obama and surged 3 points ahead after the Republican Convention when he introduced Sarah Palin. He kept this lead until the stock market fell. And the voters had nobody to blame except the current administration and so McCain paid the price.

The current administration was Bush at the time, and his Republican acts were similar to what McCain was proposing. I am not saying Obama had a 100% correct plan, but he had a better plan than McCain. And Palin, IMO again, was probably just a ploy to appease women voters. Obviously, women are not that dumb and actually looked at the comparison of plans.

Long from it.

[/quote']

Care to give examples?

[/quote']

Not a lot of people do.

[/quote']

Long from it.

[/quote']

Care to give examples?

[/quote']

Not a lot of people do.

[/quote']

President Lincoln in 1858 joined the Republican party that is the party of today. Go to Wikipedia. Now that I proven your first remark wrong, It would be a waste of my time to pursue the rest because you supported my belief in stating that Clinton signed the "Community Reinvestment Act" which enabled those who couldn't afford loans, got loans and brought down are economy. And I know it started in Jimmy Carter's administration, but it was Clinton who did the damage.

They were the best thing to come along. For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr?

[/quote']

Yes. I'm not terribly fond of any of them.

Seriously, if you're trying to convince people that Republicans are pretty cool guys, why list Bush Jr? Even the Republicans don't like Bush Jr.

Abraham Lincoln?

The modern Republican Party and the mid-nineteenth century Republican Party are the same in name only; the Party has undergone severe ideological changes over a century and a half.

George Washington?

Are you stupid? George Washington was not a Republican. In fact' date=' he was opposed to the very existence of political parties, and pretty much his entire leaving address was "HEY GUYS PARTIES ARE BAD DONT FORM THEM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE".

Theodore Roosevelt?

Like Lincoln, hardly the same party. The parties don't start to resemble their modern selves until FDR arrives. (Incidentally, the Republicans only got locked into their current state because they wanted to be anti-FDR in every way.)

Some current people that are great They are all great people.

This reminds me too much of Antony's speech at Caesar's funeral in Julius Caesar. Once every three lines' date=' he insists that Brutus is a good and honourable man. (The point of the speech, naturally, is that he [i']isn't[/i].)

What's wrong with Conservative thoughts?

The government has every responsibility to manage the economy' date=' as failure to do so leads to problems like, you know, the current economic crash (whose origins can be traced back to your precious Reagan). The government also has the responsibility to take care of public safety and to help those without the means to help themselves. However, it has no business whatsoever in regulating morality, such as deciding whom a person can marry and whether or not a person can have an abortion. Republicans largely believe the opposite of this.

Republicans believe in lower taxes for the filthy rich, not for ordinary people. You may recall the figure $250,000 being thrown around in the 2008 election. Most people don't make that much money, and the few who do can afford to pay taxes.

That sure sounds like a nice idea' date=' but where are you going to cut it? In the end, you cut programs that benefit ordinary people in order to slash the taxes of the wealthy - in effect, money is transferred from those who lack it to those who have too much already.

Actually, I don't really have a problem with this - as long as the states are themselves being sensible. You may recall that leaving the states to decide whether slavery and later segregation were acceptable didn't work out so well.

Because it means less control.

Of guns.

Which can kill people.

2867253326_792146d6e7.jpg

You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd' date=' Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

[/quote']

Yeah, those stupid Democrats! They're always campaigning for fewer restrictions on businesses and telling the government to have less control of the economy! They're not like the proud Republicans, who have always stood for larger government economic control!

Wait, something's backwards there.

Now that the long speech is over' date=' what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

[/quote']

Since you clearly have grievous misconceptions about your own party's ideology, I cannot explain to you what is wrong with what Republicans and Conservatives believe without first giving you an explanation of what it is that they believe. Frankly, if you are willing to follow a party and its ideology without even understanding said party and ideology, then you're too thick for that to be worth my time.

The current administration was Bush at the time' date=' and his Republican acts were similar to what McCain was proposing. I am not saying Obama had a 100% correct plan, but he had a better plan than McCain. And Palin, IMO again, was probably just a ploy to appease women voters. Obviously, women are not that dumb and actually looked at the comparison of plans.

[/quote']

But you didn't explain that they surged in the polls. Why didn't you address the fact that the McCain/Palin ticket were points ahead until the economy collapsed which tells me that had the economy remained stable McCain would have won.

Long from it.

While this may be a tad exaggerated' date=' would you care to support your claim? [/i']

[/quote']

I agree with all of your statements here

This statement shows lack of understanding. Whether you like it or not' date=' this nation is a Christian nation. It was founded by Christians under Christian ideals. It makes sense that there's religious undertones. The liberals should stop whining about crosses outside court houses and the references to God in the pledge of allegiance and on our currency, and actually work towards something important.

Also, there's a time for diplomacy and a time for force. We're not blowing up random people. In fact, we helped these people fight the soviets, and they repay us by trying to kill us? What's worse, using force to solve a problem after diplomatic measures have been taken, or sitting around giving support and money to the countries trying to destroy us?

While this has some truth, some taxes are absurd. They take more money from the wealthy, which is discrimination. Also, 75% of the highway workers are not needed. Same for the TSA. Most of the highway workers do nothing but stand around and look important, same as the TSA.

We don't need 10 people to work each X-ray scanner. We don't need all these extra workers on the highway. These jobs have no real use and are only there just to create jobs for people. I travel by plane more than anyone else on this site, I can guarantee it. I see and know how all this works. They just throw jobs at the airport to any immigrant that moves here.

It's a waste.

[i'] See my prior comment

Agreed

No' date=' he means ridiculous laws that can land you in jail if you don't wait for someone to knife you before shooting them. Laws that make obtaining any gun hard as hell. Raising taxes on ammunition to huge amounts to loophole around the declaration of the 2nd ammendent being valid. [/i']

I didn't watch too much of the debates' date=' but from what I saw she gave concise answers to everything. Not that I don't disagree with her on some points. I watched the vice presedential debates, and you could visibly tell by Biden's expression s and actions she was destroying his arguments. And she was. I think McCain didn't do very well in his debates against Obama, and that was what doomed him. [/i']

Jimmy Carter' date=' in my opinion, was not a very good president. Clinton did improve his policy though. In fact, Clinton gave us one of our best economies ever. [/i']

Care to give examples?

Democrats do the same thing.

[/quote']

Not a lot of people do.

[/quote']

I agree with both of you.

Crab striked hard.

Anyways.

The economy was bound to crash, and HUNDREDS of people knew that the economy was going to crash before election time happened. The crash happened. IF the crash didn't happen, you can't say that McCain would have won, and if he did (low chance is low), we don't know what kind of deep sheet he would put us in.

They were the best thing to come along. For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr?

[/quote']

Yes. I'm not terribly fond of any of them.

Seriously, if you're trying to convince people that Republicans are pretty cool guys, why list Bush Jr? Even the Republicans don't like Bush Jr.

Abraham Lincoln?

The modern Republican Party and the mid-nineteenth century Republican Party are the same in name only; the Party has undergone severe ideological changes over a century and a half.

George Washington?

Are you stupid? George Washington was not a Republican. In fact' date=' he was opposed to the very existence of political parties, and pretty much his entire leaving address was "HEY GUYS PARTIES ARE BAD DONT FORM THEM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE".

Theodore Roosevelt?

Like Lincoln, hardly the same party. The parties don't start to resemble their modern selves until FDR arrives. (Incidentally, the Republicans only got locked into their current state because they wanted to be anti-FDR in every way.)

Some current people that are great They are all great people.

This reminds me too much of Antony's speech at Caesar's funeral in Julius Caesar. Once every three lines' date=' he insists that Brutus is a good and honourable man. (The point of the speech, naturally, is that he [i']isn't[/i].)

What's wrong with Conservative thoughts?

The government has every responsibility to manage the economy' date=' as failure to do so leads to problems like, you know, the current economic crash (whose origins can be traced back to your precious Reagan). The government also has the responsibility to take care of public safety and to help those without the means to help themselves. However, it has no business whatsoever in regulating morality, such as deciding whom a person can marry and whether or not a person can have an abortion. Republicans largely believe the opposite of this.

Republicans believe in lower taxes for the filthy rich, not for ordinary people. You may recall the figure $250,000 being thrown around in the 2008 election. Most people don't make that much money, and the few who do can afford to pay taxes.

That sure sounds like a nice idea' date=' but where are you going to cut it? In the end, you cut programs that benefit ordinary people in order to slash the taxes of the wealthy - in effect, money is transferred from those who lack it to those who have too much already.

Actually, I don't really have a problem with this - as long as the states are themselves being sensible. You may recall that leaving the states to decide whether slavery and later segregation were acceptable didn't work out so well.

Because it means less control.

Of guns.

Which can kill people.

2867253326_792146d6e7.jpg

You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd' date=' Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

[/quote']

Yeah, those stupid Democrats! They're always campaigning for fewer restrictions on businesses and telling the government to have less control of the economy! They're not like the proud Republicans, who have always stood for larger government economic control!

Wait, something's backwards there.

Now that the long speech is over' date=' what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

[/quote']

Since you clearly have grievous misconceptions about your own party's ideology, I cannot explain to you what is wrong with what Republicans and Conservatives believe without first giving you an explanation of what it is that they believe. Frankly, if you are willing to follow a party and its ideology without even understanding said party and ideology, then you're too thick for that to be worth my time.

The Dem Politicians lobbied for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to create those terrible sub prime loans and they fell flat on their face...in addition gave Acorn our tax dollars to charge into private Banks embarrassing Bank officials into giving loans that ended up in foreclosure court....thank-you very much Dodd and Frank...and I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this. It is called Wikipedia...and type in Abe Lincoln.

Archived