Why does everyone hate Republicans?

Sparta™

They were the best thing to come along. For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr?

[/quote']

Yes. I'm not terribly fond of any of them.

Seriously, if you're trying to convince people that Republicans are pretty cool guys, why list Bush Jr? Even the Republicans don't like Bush Jr.

Abraham Lincoln?

The modern Republican Party and the mid-nineteenth century Republican Party are the same in name only; the Party has undergone severe ideological changes over a century and a half.

George Washington?

Are you stupid? George Washington was not a Republican. In fact' date=' he was opposed to the very existence of political parties, and pretty much his entire leaving address was "HEY GUYS PARTIES ARE BAD DONT FORM THEM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE".

Theodore Roosevelt?

Like Lincoln, hardly the same party. The parties don't start to resemble their modern selves until FDR arrives. (Incidentally, the Republicans only got locked into their current state because they wanted to be anti-FDR in every way.)

Some current people that are great They are all great people.

This reminds me too much of Antony's speech at Caesar's funeral in Julius Caesar. Once every three lines' date=' he insists that Brutus is a good and honourable man. (The point of the speech, naturally, is that he [i']isn't[/i].)

What's wrong with Conservative thoughts?

The government has every responsibility to manage the economy' date=' as failure to do so leads to problems like, you know, the current economic crash (whose origins can be traced back to your precious Reagan). The government also has the responsibility to take care of public safety and to help those without the means to help themselves. However, it has no business whatsoever in regulating morality, such as deciding whom a person can marry and whether or not a person can have an abortion. Republicans largely believe the opposite of this.

What is wrong with low Taxes?

Republicans believe in lower taxes for the filthy rich, not for ordinary people. You may recall the figure $250,000 being thrown around in the 2008 election. Most people don't make that much money, and the few who do can afford to pay taxes.

What is wrong with cutting spending?

That sure sounds like a nice idea' date=' but where are you going to cut it? In the end, you cut programs that benefit ordinary people in order to slash the taxes of the wealthy - in effect, money is transferred from those who lack it to those who have too much already.

What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything?

Actually, I don't really have a problem with this - as long as the states are themselves being sensible. You may recall that leaving the states to decide whether slavery and later segregation were acceptable didn't work out so well.

What's wrong with opposing gun control?

Because it means less control.

Of guns.

Which can kill people.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012?

2867253326_792146d6e7.jpg

You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd' date=' Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

[/quote']

Yeah, those stupid Democrats! They're always campaigning for fewer restrictions on businesses and telling the government to have less control of the economy! They're not like the proud Republicans, who have always stood for larger government economic control!

Wait, something's backwards there.

Now that the long speech is over' date=' what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

[/quote']

Since you clearly have grievous misconceptions about your own party's ideology, I cannot explain to you what is wrong with what Republicans and Conservatives believe without first giving you an explanation of what it is that they believe. Frankly, if you are willing to follow a party and its ideology without even understanding said party and ideology, then you're too thick for that to be worth my time.

The Dem Politicians lobbied for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to create those terrible sub prime loans and they fell flat on their face...in addition gave Acorn our tax dollars to charge into private Banks embarrassing Bank officials into giving loans that ended up in foreclosure court....thank-you very much Dodd and Frank...and

I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this. It is called Wikipedia...and type in Abe Lincoln.

Because the majority of the south voted Democrat and the north Republican before FDR came along just for fun. Then they switched because they were bored, right?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this.

+ bangs damn head upon damn keyboard +

The Republican Party of 1858 =/= The Republican Party of FDR onward, ideology-wise!

Get it?

You mention Wikipedia - get your eyes fixed on what positions Abe & Co. took on in 1860, and compare it with today's Republicans!

funk!

* Max C. likes republicans

* Max C. says that they are closer to my views than democrats

* Max C. is independent

* Max C. also loves toads

:D

What?

Go spam in PokeCommunity.

and I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this.

The Republican Party of 1858 =/= The Republican Party of FDR onward' date=' ideology-wise!

Get it?

You mention Wikipedia - get your eyes fixed on what positions Abe & Co. took on in 1860, and compare it with today's Republicans!

f***!

[/quote']

Finally, someone other than Crab Helmet says something sensible.

And it's not like everyone hates Republicans. The majority of people, that being middle and lower class, like Democrats because they have better views. Republicans are too obsessed with rich people and don't care about majorities.

They were the best thing to come along. For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr?

[/quote']

Yes. I'm not terribly fond of any of them.

Seriously, if you're trying to convince people that Republicans are pretty cool guys, why list Bush Jr? Even the Republicans don't like Bush Jr.

Abraham Lincoln?

The modern Republican Party and the mid-nineteenth century Republican Party are the same in name only; the Party has undergone severe ideological changes over a century and a half.

George Washington?

Are you stupid? George Washington was not a Republican. In fact' date=' he was opposed to the very existence of political parties, and pretty much his entire leaving address was "HEY GUYS PARTIES ARE BAD DONT FORM THEM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE".

Theodore Roosevelt?

Like Lincoln, hardly the same party. The parties don't start to resemble their modern selves until FDR arrives. (Incidentally, the Republicans only got locked into their current state because they wanted to be anti-FDR in every way.)

Some current people that are great They are all great people.

This reminds me too much of Antony's speech at Caesar's funeral in Julius Caesar. Once every three lines' date=' he insists that Brutus is a good and honourable man. (The point of the speech, naturally, is that he [i']isn't[/i].)

What's wrong with Conservative thoughts?

The government has every responsibility to manage the economy' date=' as failure to do so leads to problems like, you know, the current economic crash (whose origins can be traced back to your precious Reagan). The government also has the responsibility to take care of public safety and to help those without the means to help themselves. However, it has no business whatsoever in regulating morality, such as deciding whom a person can marry and whether or not a person can have an abortion. Republicans largely believe the opposite of this.

What is wrong with low Taxes?

Republicans believe in lower taxes for the filthy rich, not for ordinary people. You may recall the figure $250,000 being thrown around in the 2008 election. Most people don't make that much money, and the few who do can afford to pay taxes.

What is wrong with cutting spending?

That sure sounds like a nice idea' date=' but where are you going to cut it? In the end, you cut programs that benefit ordinary people in order to slash the taxes of the wealthy - in effect, money is transferred from those who lack it to those who have too much already.

What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything?

Actually, I don't really have a problem with this - as long as the states are themselves being sensible. You may recall that leaving the states to decide whether slavery and later segregation were acceptable didn't work out so well.

What's wrong with opposing gun control?

Because it means less control.

Of guns.

Which can kill people.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012?

2867253326_792146d6e7.jpg

You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd' date=' Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

[/quote']

Yeah, those stupid Democrats! They're always campaigning for fewer restrictions on businesses and telling the government to have less control of the economy! They're not like the proud Republicans, who have always stood for larger government economic control!

Wait, something's backwards there.

Now that the long speech is over' date=' what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

[/quote']

Since you clearly have grievous misconceptions about your own party's ideology, I cannot explain to you what is wrong with what Republicans and Conservatives believe without first giving you an explanation of what it is that they believe. Frankly, if you are willing to follow a party and its ideology without even understanding said party and ideology, then you're too thick for that to be worth my time.

The Dem Politicians lobbied for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to create those terrible sub prime loans and they fell flat on their face...in addition gave Acorn our tax dollars to charge into private Banks embarrassing Bank officials into giving loans that ended up in foreclosure court....thank-you very much Dodd and Frank...and

I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this. It is called Wikipedia...and type in Abe Lincoln.

Because the majority of the south voted Democrat and the north Republican before FDR came along just for fun. Then they switched because they were bored, right?

That has nothing to do with party. It was over refusing to vote for a candidate who wanted to abolish slavery. That's right, Republicans wanted to abolish slavery, not Democrats.

Tabris, you can take Phoenix. :D

The Dem Politicians lobbied for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to create those terrible sub prime loans and they fell flat on their face...in addition gave Acorn our tax dollars to charge into private Banks embarrassing Bank officials into giving loans that ended up in foreclosure court....thank-you very much Dodd and Frank...

To say that that single act caused the economic collapse is the pinnacle of stupidity. The collapse resulted from a long chain of deregulatory efforts begun and championed by Ronald Reagan and continued most heavily by George H. W. Bush.

Again' date=' the Republican Party stands for economic deregulation, yet you are saying that the Republicans are the best because... the Democrats also did a bit of deregulation too. I hate to break it to you, but a murderer is still a murderer whether or not someone nearby happened to be a bread thief.

and I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this. It is called Wikipedia...and type in Abe Lincoln.

I didn't say it wasn't the same organization in name. What I said was that it was the same in name only - it has undergone such severe ideological changes over the past century and a half that the current party does not resemble its past self in any significant way. In fact, I said that already; it is unfortunate that your reading comprehension is unspeakably poor.

The Republican Party of 1858 =/= The Republican Party of FDR onward' date=' ideology-wise!

Get it?

f***!

[/quote']

Look, Lincoln believed in small federal government, states rights, and, capitalism. We still believe the same today. What is so confusing?!?!

I think this discussion is too heated and personal to be held here. This thread should get locked before someone takes a hit on their feeling bar.

I hope you understand that this is the debates section. I hope you understand what a debate is. The only way this could get to far is by:

A.) The majority of people inputting nothing to the convorsation and blatantly spamming.

B.) Cursing excessivley.

or

C.) Someone stalking an opposing member and murdering them.

Finally, someone other than Crab Helmet says something sensible.

I. Had. To. Steal. Crab's, Thunder.

He's. Been. Havin'. Too. Fuckin'. Much.

Republicans are too obsessed with rich people and don't care about majorities.

A tad too unfair, now.

Better to say that Republicans obsess over promotin' business, which explains their attitiude towards such.

Finally' date=' someone other than Crab Helmet says something sensible.[/i']

I. Had. To. Steal. Crab's, Thunder.

He's. Been. Havin'. Too. Fuckin'. Much.

Republicans are too obsessed with rich people and don't care about majorities.

A tad too unfair, now.

Better to say that Republicans obsess over promotin' business, which explains their attitiude towards such.

Crab has too much thunder. You won't be able to steal it ALL.

That's not really unfair as much as it is true. Republican's obsess over rich people and business, and leave nothing for middle class and poor peoples. Me being upper-middle class gives me mad emotions towards Republicans.

I still think these sort of opinions should get kept to ourselves.

It's politics. BAI.

Get it?

f***!

[/quote']

Look, Lincoln believed in small federal government, states rights, and, capitalism. We still believe the same today. What is so confusing?!?!

We're not talking about Lincoln you mule. We're talking about the party in whole.

e1940_ecmap.GIF

2000.png

This is the 2000 electoral map with current party colors, red beign republican and blue being democrat.

Get it?

f***!

[/quote']

We're not talking about Lincoln you mule. We're talking about the party in whole.

e1940_ecmap.GIF

2000.png

This is the 2000 electoral map with current party colors, red beign republican and blue being democrat.

What shocks me is that DC wasn't part of the electoral college back then.

Tabris' date=' you can take Phoenix. :D

The Dem Politicians lobbied for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to create those terrible sub prime loans and they fell flat on their face...in addition gave Acorn our tax dollars to charge into private Banks embarrassing Bank officials into giving loans that ended up in foreclosure court....thank-you very much Dodd and Frank...

To say that that single act caused the economic collapse is the pinnacle of stupidity. The collapse resulted from a long chain of deregulatory efforts begun and championed by Ronald Reagan and continued most heavily by George H. W. Bush.

Again, the Republican Party stands for economic deregulation, yet you are saying that the Republicans are the best because... the Democrats also did a bit of deregulation too. I hate to break it to you, but a murderer is still a murderer whether or not someone nearby happened to be a bread thief.

and I still repeat...the Republican Party of today was formed in 1858 which Lincoln joined and won on so check your facts now so we can end this. It is called Wikipedia...and type in Abe Lincoln.

I didn't say it wasn't the same organization in name. What I said was that it was the same in name only - it has undergone such severe ideological changes over the past century and a half that the current party does not resemble its past self in any significant way. In fact' date=' I said that already; it is unfortunate that your reading comprehension is unspeakably poor.

[/quote']

Since I'm stupid, can you name me any acts of the republicans that brought on this debacle? And I agree, it just wasn't one thing. But I still want to know what republicans did and when that you feel makes this a bipartisan effort. The only thing I can think of is that McCain and Bush in 2004 did not pursue legislation hard enough to stop this mess. They gave up after one defeat in congress by the Democrats voting it down. That's when Barney Frank and the others were pursuing more money for special interest groups and profited off of these. (EX: Dodd and CountryWide)

*cough*AdvancedInterrogationTechniques*cough*cough*

cuffnouniversalhealthcarecuff

By the way' date=' does anyone know which president won the most electorial votes in history? I'll give you a hint: It's a republican.

[/quote']

OK, so we're into comparin' electoral votes.

... so what are ye tryin' to prove exactly?

By the way' date=' does anyone know which president won the most electorial votes in history? I'll give you a hint: It's a republican.

[/quote']

Because that is 100% revelant to the topic. Yep. [/sar]

Also, lern2spell electoral. [/sp]

*cough*AdvancedInterrogationTechniques*cough*cough*

Do you live in L.A. or New York? Never mind' date=' don't answer it, proof that you're able to type that statement is because of the interrogation techniques. It saved lives.

[/quote']

Ah live in deh Philippines, but ne'er mynd that.

Yes, advanced interrogation techniques did save the lives of... what?

[/quote']

Because that is 100% revelant to the topic. Yep. [/sar]

Also, lern2spell electoral. [/sp]

It is relevant because clinton rode on the coattails of that president which created the flourishing economy from his policies. It's called Reagan Economics.

You are actually arguing that the Republicans are the best because deregulation is evil.

Wow.

I am not physically capable of continuing this "discussion", as any point I make will clearly be reversed - "YES YOUR RIGHT GUN CONTROL IS GOOD FORTUNATELY REPUBLICANS LOVE GUN CONTROL AND DEMOCRATS HATE IT SO I GUESS WE AGREE AFTER ALL REPUBLICANS ROCK KTHXBAI" - by the sheer reality-warping power of computerwhiz98 making up utter nonsense. There's just nothing I can do when my opponent can equate one and two, so it's time for me to make an

exit.jpg

Archived