Why does everyone hate Republicans?

Sparta™

*cough*AdvancedInterrogationTechniques*cough*cough*

Do you live in L.A. or New York? Never mind' date=' don't answer it, proof that you're able to type that statement is because of the interrogation techniques. It saved lives.

[/quote']

Ah live in deh Philippines, but ne'er mynd that.

Yes, advanced interrogation techniques did save the lives of... what?

They saved the lives of many Americans, genius.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're referring to torture' date=' regulating it is the least our concerns.

If the following opinions offend you, I could care less.

We're at [i']War[[/i] with these nations/groups. Intel is important, and we need to get all the information we can, even if drastic measures are necessary. They are not American citizens. They have no rights over here.

When we're talking about life or death and crucial info is more important than some terrorist idiot's well being. Hypothetical Situation: If you needed the code for a bomb that could go off and decimate an entire city, are you going to ask nicely and give up when he doesn't give you the code? No, you're going to do whatever you can to squeeze the information out of the guy.

Human rights pales in importance to national security. The liberals put so many unnecessary measures into travel etc for national security that only make us feel safe rather than actually accomplishing anything, and yet they crucify their countrymen for taking actions necessary to national security? Imbeciles.

^

Dammit, Crab; even yer exit makes too much thunder.

Do you live in L.A. or New York? Never mind' date=' don't answer it, proof that you're able to type that statement is because of the interrogation techniques. It saved lives.

[/quote']

Ah live in deh Philippines, but ne'er mynd that.

Yes, advanced interrogation techniques did save the lives of... what?

They saved the lives of many Americans, genius.

And you swear that the confessions obtained from waterboardin', et al, are true and accurate?

Not fangled outta thin air? Eh?

We're at [i']War[[/i] with these nations/groups. Intel is important, and we need to get all the information we can, even if drastic measures are necessary. They are not American citizens. They have no rights over here.

When we're talking about life or death and crucial info is more important than some terrorist idiot's well being. Hypothetical Situation: If you needed the code for a bomb that could go off and decimate an entire city, are you going to ask nicely and give up when he doesn't give you the code? No, you're going to do whatever you can to squeeze the information out of the guy.

Human rights pales in importance to national security. The liberals put so many unnecessary measures into travel etc for national security that only make us feel safe rather than actually accomplishing anything, and yet they crucify their countrymen for taking actions necessary to national security? Imbeciles.

The ends don't justify the means, you fool.

By the way' date=' does anyone know which president won the most electorial votes in history? I'll give you a hint: It's a republican.

[/quote']

Because that is 100% revelant to the topic. Yep. [/sar]

Also, lern2spell electoral. [/sp]

It is relevant because clinton rode on the coattails of that president which created the flourishing economy from his policies. It's called Reagan Economics.

ReaganReaganReaganReaganReagan

Republican enough for yah?

When being tortured for information, the one being tortured will generally resort to saying or doing anything for the torture to stop.[/fact]

Is this debate/discussion at all? Honestly, it's just 2 proverbial rams butting heads, completely inherent of the other's opinion. Idc. I'm out.

By the way' date=' does anyone know which president won the most electorial votes in history? I'll give you a hint: It's a republican.

[/quote']

Because that is 100% revelant to the topic. Yep. [/sar]

Also, lern2spell electoral. [/sp]

It is relevant because clinton rode on the coattails of that president which created the flourishing economy from his policies. It's called Reagan Economics.

ReaganReaganReaganReaganReagan

Republican enough for yah?

When being tortured for information, the one being tortured will generally resort to saying or doing anything for the torture to stop.[/fact]

Is this debate/discussion at all? Honestly, it's just 2 proverbial rams butting heads, completely inherent of the other's opinion. Idc. I'm out.

And often the ones doing the torturing refuse to believe that they have no knowlege pretaining to terrorism, even when they don't.

And I bet if a bomb was going off in D.C. Obama would do a quick reversal on his beliefs to save his family like any other American. Liberals when faced with crucial time constraint intel would be the first to torture and rightly so. This is such a no-brainer.

To mine new groom/bride/whatever:

We're at War[ with these nations/groups. Intel is important, and we need to get all the information we can, even if drastic measures are necessary. They are not American citizens. They have no rights over here.

Those drastic measures also have their flaws - they might not, you know, say the truth.

I'll obsess a bit on yer example, given that I munch on the obvious.

So the guy has the secret, and he won't give ye? Very well, then: don't paralyze 'im, or kill 'im, or humiliate 'im. If necessary, trick 'im into divulgin' whatever the code is, or do DIY.

But this is me speakin'. Maybe punchin' the suspect till lights out does things real good.

Crab, did you have a counterargument against my views?

Or are you assuming his and my views are one and the same?

I'm not arguing anyone's stance but my own.

If you assume my arguments are brought down because his aren't exactly convincing and full of holes, due to the fact that our stances could both be considered "Republican", then I would like to point out that just because an argument next to mine has holes, does not mean mine is worsened. Rather similar to how the murderer's actions aren't lessened because a bread thief is near him, wouldn't you say?

Your adage is situational. Stealing bread from people (the bad means) to make yourself happy (the good end) is an example of it being correct. This statement only applies to situations where the end's importance does not outweigh any shortcomings the means have.

In this situation, our city is more important than the enemy's well being.

I could say the means don't justify the ends.

"Oh, we let our civilians die because we didn't want to do anything immoral." How screwed up does that sound?

Next time, make sure you fully understand what you're saying before spouting an overused phrase at me for your argument.

@Tabris: You don't think we try that first? Torture should be used as a final resort, but it should not be abhorred to the point we endanger ourselves for lack of using a useful tool.

Crab' date=' did you have a counterargument against my views?

Or are you assuming his and my views are one and the same?

I'm not arguing anyone's stance but my own.

If you assume my arguments are brought down because his aren't exactly convincing and full of holes, due to the fact that our stances could both be considered "Republican", then I would like to point out that just because an argument next to mine has holes, does not mean mine is worsened. Rather similar to how the murderer's actions aren't lessened because a bread thief is near him, wouldn't you say?

[/quote']

You are right, I am making hit and miss remarks, and the reason being is because I got slammed from all sides and I was trying to address as many issues in a short period of time which is actually a near impossibility. I was even getting corrected on my spelling. There was no way I could address each and every comeback from five or six people. I was only skimming the surface, because this was not a one on one discussion.

Here's another winner....Pres. Obama now wants to overhaul the financial system which I agree needs fixing. BUT he is only increasing the size of Govt. He wants to create agencies to watch the agencies(SEC) to insure they do their job and not fall asleep at the wheel again. That's like hiring a babysitter to watch the babysitter that watches the kids. I don't know about you...but I can't afford two babysitters and why would I? 4+ years from now, we will be so tax burdened, our life as we know it now will cease to exist. Only those who live in other countries will be glad that we have been brought to our knees as they already think we have too much. Maybe we do...but we worked for it. It is wrong to take what's mine and give it to those that refuse to break a sweat. I come from a single parent home and have watched my mother work seven days a week so we could have something. I have also seen parents of my friends not work, get drunk etc and then complain the system favors the wealthy. I disagree as I have seen it first hand...we live comfortable only because my mom worked long and hard hours and saved her money.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012?

I can see it now:

Sarah Palin: Seeing Russia from our house since 2008.

You actually can see Russia from Alaska, but you wouldn't know that since you've probably never even been there.

And you know, I almost wasn't going to reply because that post was so ignorant and stupid, it wasn't even worth replying to.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012?

I can see it now:

You actually can see Russia from Alaska' date=' but you wouldn't know that since you've probably never even been there.

And you know, I almost wasn't going to reply because that post was so ignorant and stupid, it wasn't even worth replying to.

[/quote']

You know, I know I already said I was leaving this topic, but this post is so awesome that I just have to return and explain how awesome it is. Let's face it: if Batman, Jack Bauer, and Kamina were forced to team up against an army of zombies and Jesus-in-a-giant-robot, it still wouldn't be nearly as awesome as this post.

Oh, and my post is totally on-topic because it mentions Jack Bauer, which is relevant to that discussion about torture that I wasn't reading because I was too busy being awestruck by that awesome post.

They were the best thing to come along. For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington? Theodore Roosevelt? Some current people that are great They are all great people. What's wrong with Conservative thoughts? What is wrong with low Taxes? What is wrong with cutting spending? What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything? What's wrong with opposing gun control? Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012? You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd, Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

Now that the long speech is over, what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

No matter what happens, even though I do not like what's happening, Obama is my president, and I will always support the office of the presidency.

[/quote']

Because Republicans are gay.

/topic

I can see it now:

You actually can see Russia from Alaska' date=' but you wouldn't know that since you've probably never even been there.

[/quote']

I still fail to see why the mere fact that Russia can be seen from Alaska is an issue. Russia, like most (NOT all) nations, will not be hostile unless provoked, which is both reasonable and intelligent. The USSR was the same (remember, Hitler broke the pact, not Stalin).

That aside, the "part of Russia" we are referring to - the Far Eastern Federal District - is the most sparsely populated of the 7 districts. More specifically, the actual federal subject in question is the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug (with an emphasis on the "Autonomous" part), which has a population just over 50,000. Hardly a threat in my eyes.

Oh, and one must keep in mind that Alaska was in actual fact sold to the US... by Russia! Had they thought much of it, wouldn't they have kept it?

Being an Australian my opinion is irrelevant, but McCain's and Palin's unjustifiable anti-Russian stance was what led me to root for the Democrats.

' pid='2375992' dateline='1245324307']

They were the best thing to come along. For example' date=' remember Ronald Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington? Theodore Roosevelt? Some current people that are great They are all great people. What's wrong with Conservative thoughts? What is wrong with low Taxes? What is wrong with cutting spending? What is wrong with more power to the states instead of federal government controlling everything? What's wrong with opposing gun control? Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin? Are the Democrats afraid of her because she has potential to win 2012? You know who started this mess? Clinton. Remember when Clinton signed the Consumer Reinvestment Act? That gave financial institutions even more power that eventually led to the collapse of our financial system because of their greed. Key note Democratic politicians Sen. Dodd, Sen. Reed, and the infamous Barney Frank were instrumental in aiding for having laws passed that sent us the final blow.

Now that the long speech is over, what is wrong with Republicans and Conservatives?

No matter what happens, even though I do not like what's happening, Obama is my president, and I will always support the office of the presidency.

[/quote']

/topic

You are a disgrace to Republicans and Democrats by saying that.

[/quote']

/topic

That is stupid, hyppocrytical and extremely stereotypical. I'm a democrat and I think that. Keep those stupid opinions to yourself.

No problem man. If there's an argument like this, I don't want to listen to what some guy that gets payed 10 bucks an hour has to say about politics on the radio. His opinion is probably retarded so I develope my own opinions. And after hearing that retard say republicans are gay I realize he's probably that radio guy.

No problem man. If there's an argument like this' date=' I don't want to listen to what some guy that gets payed 10 bucks an hour has to say about politics on the radio. His opinion is probably retarded so I develope my own opinions. And after hearing that retard say republicans are gay I realize he's probably that radio guy.

[/quote']

In Virginia, they have this radio station called WRVA. It's awesome because it gives proven facts of all sides of the party making mistakes. And I'll telly ya, there main topics are the white house. But yeah, you must be listening to liberal radio stations then.

[/quote']

/topic

Silly sheet.

[/quote']

Well first of all, George Washington and Honest Abe were before the party split into Democrats and Rupublicans.

And secondly, I think it's because most of the bad stuff lately that everyone remebers has happened during a Republican majority. So being human, we want someone to blame, and choose the ones in "power."

Next, I believe that certain key people in the government are corrupt and try to put a happy face on their plans to pad their pockets with cash. Ever notice how they don't pass laws that tax the rich? Or how they never cut THEIR salaries, just increase them?

And finally, it's not that everyone HATES Sarah Palin, it's just that she is so easy and so much fun to make fun of. I mean those SNL sketches were hilarious. Plus the facts she made Joe the Plumber famous and she can see Russia from her house, and poof, instant target for comedians.

Let me re-enter this topic to state that Abe was in fact, a Republican who won the presidential election against a Democrat.

This is typical jargon and bullshit from both sides. When one side is in power, the other is trying to find excuses for how shitty their opponents have made it. Only in America.

Let me re-enter this topic to state that Abe was in fact' date=' a Republican who won the presidential election against a Democrat.

This is typical jargon and bullshit from both sides. [b']When one side is in power, the other is trying to find excuses for how shitty their opponents have made it.[/b] Only in America.

Maybe because the Democrats are doing a crappy job, if you would pay attention to whats been going on and watch the news.

Archived