[/quote']

Oh god, I can't believe I missed this.

HE WILL DO SOMETHING UH I THINK

HE GOT A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE FOR STUFF HE HASNT DONE

HE IS BLACK

AND UM OTHER STUFF

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick comment' date=' Deficit: up with George bush over 8 years= BAD

HOWEVER, With obama: Deficit: OMGWTBBQITSUP (Up about 2X as much AND in 1 year)

Plus the HC bill... everyone hates it (except left wing nuts) It's INSANE

[/quote']

Screw the deficit: It is a result of independent circumstances beyond the governments control, unless you want more taxes.

The HC bill was very popular, you're just right wing.

See' date=' this is the reason everyone hates Republicans: their strategy is no longer to debate ideas but to debate [i']facts[/i]. They spread misinformation and lies, like the lie that the reform bill was unpopular, because it works for them and because you idiots believe it.

See' date=' this is the reason everyone hates Republicans: their strategy is no longer to debate ideas but to debate [i']facts[/i]. They spread misinformation and lies, like the lie that the reform bill was unpopular, because it works for them and because you idiots believe it.

Honestly, the only people who claim that the bill is unpopular are the people who dislike it. Sorry peeps, be funking upfront and say that YOU hate it. Don't try to throw your opinion out over the other half of America that thinks it's not such a bad idea.

Oh, and qwerty, I bet you don't know a thing about the contents of the bill. Don't claim to know what you're talking about, because you don't. The bill was essentially the bill suggested by McCain during the elections. You're disliking what is essentially Republican legislation. It's cool to be independent, but I would also be willing to bet that we'd be hearing no such complaints from you had it been headed by reps instead of dems.

The only reason they aren't voting for it themselves is because they want to shut down everything the dems try to do. It's their eleciton strategy. They claim to be for small government. Shoot down everything the dems do so that the dems don't look good, point at the lack of successes on the dems part (due to their interference) as evidence of their clear superiority, get elected, abandon their small government bullshit, spend a ton of money, funk some stuff up, and get thrown back out of office for another dem to perform clean up. The cycle repeats.

republicans believe people should get what they earn. democrats believe people should get what other people earn

Oh, funk that.

Republicans believe people MUST hoard their money from the needy.

Democrats believe people MUST share their money with the needy.

republicans believe people should get what they earn. democrats believe people should get what other people earn

Oh' date=' f*** that.

[/quote']

Frak to THAT!

The ones who support helping the needy are kind people and Churches.

The Dems have NOTHING to do with it, and, if you say all Christians are Dems, that's a FAT-Ars LIE! I'm a Christian, and my parents are Christians and w think the Democrats......well, they're more like Demo-cr**s

I don't hate the Republicans/Conservatives' date=' In Canada the Conservatives are like the most because the other big party cut Canada's army in half.

[/quote']

.... Which matters why? Come on, it's Canada. You don't need a funking army. The US only needs one because we're dumb enough to get ourselves involved in another war every few years.

Oh' date=' f*** that.

[/quote']

Frak to THAT!

The ones who support helping the needy are kind people and Churches.

The Dems have NOTHING to do with it, and, if you say all Christians are Dems, that's a FAT-Ars LIE! I'm a Christian, and my parents are Christians and w think the Democrats......well, they're more like Demo-cr**s

Of course not all "Christians" are democrats. But observe how many of these "Christians" are selfish gits who just want to keep their own pockets as heavily lined as possible. I very rarely come across a Christian who is nearly so kind and generous as his religion purports him to be.

But that has nothing to do with it. Religion just isn't a reflection of morality. It's insulting, by the way, that you assume that nonchristians are incapable of generosity. Or that democrats aren't kind people.

Now that we're through with that, we can get to the meat of the issue: You're wrong. Completely, irrevocably, unutterably, shockingly wrong. I mean, it's hard to express just how ludicrously wrong you are. If you like, I can think up some more adjectives to describe your state of irredeemable error, but I hardly think it's necessary, so instead I'll just point out why.

The democrats are the progressive party.

Progressives are in favor of civil reform to, you know, help people.

To be more specific, the democrats tend to favor government involvement in national and economic matters, while keeping their hands off personal matters.

That means that democrats like to institute programs like, you know, Social Security. Like to fund scientific research to, you know, advance the progress of the human race itself. Like to regulate big business sufficiently to keep big business from walking all over personal liberties and human rights. Like to save people's lives (Yeah, I mean the health care bill. It's ridiculously stunted as is, but it would originally have made some seriously useful changes. Guess who shot that down.). Oh, and they also like to educate the youth of the nation.

It also means that the democrats don't funk with moralistic bible-thumping like bans on gay marriage, stem cell research, and abortion. They're more likely to support the legalization of soft drugs like marijuana (Do you know how many kids turn into criminals every year because that's illegal? Do you know how MUCH money the government spends on its drug wars, and how much MORE money it spends on throwing people in prison for this stuff?), and other controversial issues of interest. They directly oppose censorship.

This all adds up to one simple fact. In the large issues, they help people. A lot. And in the issues of personal liberties, there's less help going on, but at least they aren't actually RESTRICTING what people can do like conservatives.

You got it all mixed up.

1: I said, "kind people and Churches," which includes Non-Christian Kind People.

2: Those 'Selfish' Christians probably (I say PROBABLY) aren't 'real' Christians.

3: I HATE Marijuana usage, and don't support it.

4: My information comes from my family and my step-father is VERY well informed when it comes to politics. He tends to 'keep his ear to the ground' with this sort of thing.

5: Not all Dems are f***ers and idiots in my opinion. There are a FEW examples of ones that actually did something right.

So just PLEASE stop debating my moral values and get back to the MAIN topic.

Yeah...

Oh' date=' f*** that.

[/quote']

If that is the case, I should be considered neither.

Also, Palin is a nice topic to bring up. I want to see how the Republicans defend her/it.

Yeah...

Oh' date=' f*** that.

[/quote']

If that is the case, I should be considered neither.

Also, Palin is a nice topic to bring up. I want to see how the Republicans defend her/it. lol

Defend her from what charges, pray tell?

You got it all mixed up.

1: I said' date=' "kind people and Churches," which includes Non-Christian Kind People.

[b']THe implication remained. Beyond that, the whole point of democratic policy is to help people. So I think that pretty much qualifies every democrat as a kind person. Not necessarily on a personal level, I'll grant you, but on an intellectual one.[/b]

2: Those 'Selfish' Christians probably (I say PROBABLY) aren't 'real' Christians.

K.

No really though, what the hell does "real" mean? As in they don't truly behave the way Jesus wanted them to? Sure. Jesus is a cool guy and all, but the fact is a whole lot of the people in the "be like Jesus club" have gone and changed the rules. You can claim they aren't part of the club, but they're there, and they are representing, or at least affecting, Christianity's image.

Are there good Christians? Yeah. But it just isn't all that fair to say that to be Christian is to be good. Christianity essentially has no correlation with morality.

3: I HATE Marijuana usage, and don't support it.

Good for you. There haven't been any conclusive studies done on the topic, but from the bits and pieces that do exist, as well as from my own contact with (heavy) users, it sort of demotivates you.

Beyond that, it's mildly bad for you simply due to the fact that you're inhaling smoke, and you can say what you want to say about impaired judgement (less severe than alcohol, though). But the fact is, it's mostly harmless and it isn't addictive. We've got over-the-counter meds that can do far more harm than marijuana. Whether or not you choose to do it (I'm a bit of a straight-edge guy myself. I'm also generally against drinking, etc.), there's just not much reason for it to be illegal, and plenty of reason (if you don't care about the right to liberty, try on government expenditures relating to restriction of marijuana usage and imprisonment of offenders.) for NOT to be illegal.

4: My information comes from my family and my step-father is VERY well informed when it comes to politics. He tends to 'keep his ear to the ground' with this sort of thing.

No offense, but I really don't give a sheet what your step-father thinks. He's all cool for general knowledge, but if you're trying to grasp even some level of success in a debate (and yes, this is teh debate forum. Even if that doesn't mean much to you, just know that when talking to me, you can expect that level of dialogue.) then you need to do your own research and get your facts straight.

5: Not all Dems are f***ers and idiots in my opinion. There are a FEW examples of ones that actually did something right.

Glad to hear it. The democratic party has changed significantly throughout history, and many of its earlier policies reflect the present day Republican policies, so at least you aren't a complete moron.

So just PLEASE stop debating my moral values and get back to the MAIN topic.

I didn't call your moral integrity into question. I just pointed out how ridiculously wrong you were in every possible way. That's still true bud.

Defend her from what charges' date=' pray tell?[/i']

For being a complete idiot? <_<

McCain would've had better chances taking the Jew guy as his VP. Not being racist, but I forgot his name, and remembered that he was Jewish. <_<

The Jew guy..... Jon Stewart?

It's been awhile since the '08 elections. Yeah, I believe that was his name. I honestly don't know, but I just remember that he was a Jewish person. Because someone made a joke on how if he chose the Jewish candidate, and the obviously better one, he'd lose his idiotic women voters and also lose his Christian voters. Or something to that effect.

Archived