Yugioh and PokeMon: Which will Last?

What Do You Want to See Happen?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Do You Want to See Happen?

• Yugioh and PokeMon Should End Soon
    • One of the Shows Should End Soon
    • Something New Should Start

yeah' date=' imagine Ash and them going there (during the 1st game, with the [b']Snag Machine[/b])

Anyways, it wouldn't be THAT much different than during the second game, aside from the characters the only difference would be that the snag machine's more high-tech (unless you count The Under's absence and people knowing about Cipher). I suppose a small filler saga is possible there though...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but in all 3 of db's the main characters mostly remained the same, and only the villains changed, which is acceptable. In YGO, everything changes.

I believe that YGO won't die, because children love it, but will lose it's quality fans and all children will be the last remaining fans, and it will be like crap every single day.

But Pokemon is still at it's peak, because there is no real storyline, get 8 badges, lose at a league, go try to win new one. Go dumb ash. But they must NOT create new Pokemon. Create a few more until it reaches 500, and it's enough. There are already far too many, and D/P wasn't really that creative on the new pokemon section. They're going through the "make it seem more techno era" (rotom is the best example, also check out how the colors of the pokemon are less-natural, and how they look non-animal, torterra and lower, empoleon, dialga and palkia don't even look like dragons) which YGO started going through with GX. It started with RBY in Pokemon, but they didn't exaggerate that much yet. So Pokemon will live on for a little while longer. But it would be better if they didn't create any new pokemon.

Pokemon is about to end with the "arceus movie"' date=' if I'm right.[/quote']

NO U!

Pokemon will still continue.

It will be Ash -> 1 of the popular side charactors(like Brock) -> and some random new person who is all "ZOMFG POKEMANZ KONTEZT!!!11"

But Pokemon is still at it's peak' date=' because there is no real storyline, get 8 badges, lose at a league, go try to win new one. Go dumb ash. But they must NOT create new Pokemon. Create a few more until it reaches 500, and it's enough. There are already far too many, and D/P wasn't really that creative on the new pokemon section. They're going through the "make it seem more techno era" (rotom is the best example, also check out how the colors of the pokemon are less-natural, and how they look non-animal, torterra and lower, empoleon, dialga and palkia don't even look like dragons) which YGO started going through with GX. It started with RBY in Pokemon, but they didn't exaggerate that much yet. So Pokemon will live on for a little while longer. But it would be better if they didn't create any new pokemon.

[/quote']

This is what annoys me about some people's opinions. Pokemon would be meaningless if they stopped making new ones, yet continued making episodes. People think it's repetitive NOW? Try and see what happens when they try and milk a season from pokemon they've already battled before (Keep in mind most episodes are based around showcasing a particular pokemon... and generally you can tell which one from the title...).

In any case, I doubt they're running out of ideas. People seem to forget that generations of pokemon each have a particular theme after the first... the second had a "Western theme" (That is, North-American wildlife), with Forest-themed pokemon prominent. Third had a tropical/island theme, with a ton of water-types. Fourth has a northern/mountainous theme, which introduces things more suited for living in cold temperatures (especially with armor and whatnot). The reason the pokemon look so different this time around, is due a different theme.

In anycase, I'm sorry to say, Pokemon will outlast Yugioh. As I just mentioned, as long as they keep making new ones, they pretty much have all they need for the next season. Plot's hardly relevant, it's the pokemon that matter.

Yugioh, on the other hand, is more like any other type of merchandise-based Anime... it'll last a long time with a large fan following, but eventually that'll dip, and it'll die. Moreso because it has a plot; It needs to recycle that plot every time around, making something different to go along with it. Say what you will, but Yugioh Plots are better than some people give them credit for... (Okay, they all involve card games, but what did you expect?).

Actually, pokemon's more in the... Let's see, Two, three, five, seven, eight-nineth saga (assuming Saga is the same thing as season), providing each title-sequence change indicates a new season. (Which I believe it does, as there's always a slight change in the title of the show at the same time).

As for yugioh...*shrugs* I haven't the foggiest. The original yugioh show lasted for...I think 5 seasons, Gx for something like 3-4, and I think 5d's on the second.

Actually' date=' pokemon's more in the... Let's see, Two, three, five, seven, eight-nineth saga (assuming Saga is the same thing as season), providing each title-sequence change indicates a new season. (Which I believe it does, as there's always a slight change in the title of the show at the same time).

As for yugioh...*shrugs* I haven't the foggiest. The original yugioh show lasted for...I think 5 seasons, Gx for something like 3-4, and I think 5d's on the second.

[/quote']

Also, the Japanese edit the opening every time a new Pokemon is obtained. xD

saga =/= season. .: Pokemon is on Saga 3. Yu-Gi-Oh! is also on Saga 3.

Pokemon has:

Original

Advanced

Diamond & Pearl

Yu-Gi-Oh! has:

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds

*Shrugs* Please explain the difference between a Saga and a Season for me.

Also, you forgot Orange Islands. Filler or not, they were a significant amount of episodes.

I go:

Original-

Orange Isles-

Jhoto-

Master Quest (Jhoto pt.2)-

Hoenn-

Something I forget (Hoenn part.2)-

Diamond & Pearl-

Platinum (Yes, that's the actual name they gave it, if I recall. Sinnoh Part 2, obviously).-

Also, I hardly see how Gx, original, and 5d are all seperate seasons. They're all practically different shows anyway, and have notably different plots at certain points. Is a Saga smaller or larger than a season anyway?

Saga - 1) A long story of heroic achievement especially in medieval prose narrative in Old Norse or Old Icelandic. 2) A long, involved account or series of incidents

Series - a sequence of related television or radio programs

(Source: Oxford Dictionary)

Basically they're intergrated, I'd say a saga would be more of a season, but could just as easily be a series.

Lets just go with the seasons/arc to make it simple, since Saga can mean both.

For example Serebii seperates Pokemon to 7 Seasons

Indigo League

Orange League

Johto League

Whirl Islands

Hoenn League

Kanto Battle Frontier

Shinnoh League

(602 Episodes/604 Announced)

Whilst Janime seperates YGO like this

YGO

YGO DM: Seasons 1-8

YGO DM: GX Season 1-4 (Parts 1 and 2 for Seasons 1-3)

5Ds Season 1-3

(496 Episodes Aired/500 Announced)

Not that, that has any relation to anything to when they might end. YGO has a while with Tag Force 4 due out in September, and with Pokemon bringing out Heart Gold/Soul Silver the same month, they've got more ideas.

I'm being clear here when I'm saying that the Japanese had the following as one season:

Indigo League

Orange League

Johto League

Whirl Islands

Therefore, they are one saga. End of discussion.

Capsule Monsters would count if the Battle Fronteir counts. xD.

I refuse to accept the existence of a dub only series.

Burnpsy, I wouldn't count them all as one season. How are you getting them way anyway? Don't go by air date, if that's how you did it, if it was that way YGO-5Ds would be probably 2 seasons.

both series are way overexpanded. yugioh may last a bit longer because it doesn't overuse the same storyline. pokemon does have a wider audience range with younger kids and girls added to their main audiance with all the cuteness they try to put in. pokemon is somehow super popular and as such may last longer. the pokemon games may not stop for a LONG time. murch out.

I refuse to accept the existence of a dub only series.

Burnpsy' date=' I wouldn't count them all as one season.[/b'] How are you getting them way anyway? Don't go by air date, if that's how you did it, if it was that way YGO-5Ds would be probably 2 seasons.

To the bold: The Japanese did, not me. Their "Original Series", while they changed their openings, it was officially all one season for them.

To the italicized: I cannot decipher this sentence. xD

Regardless, we're losing track of the topic.

Archived