Yugioh and PokeMon: Which will Last?

What Do You Want to See Happen?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Do You Want to See Happen?

• Yugioh and PokeMon Should End Soon
    • One of the Shows Should End Soon
    • Something New Should Start

I've really stopped following Yugioh after the third season of GX and I never could keep track of PokeMon (which has how many seasons now?).

I think its time for both series to retire soon. I want to see something fresh and new. Yeah both series add new characters and concepts to their games but its time to put up the Duel Disks and PokeBalls and start from scratch.

It doesn't have to be a reboot of anything or be based on either series but I just want to see something worth watching on TV again.

Opinions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd-highest selling series' date=' fact. It also has a ridiculously huge competetive following.

Yu-Gi-Oh!'s making too much money.

Neither will end anytime soon.

[/quote']

QFT

Q. Why do you think there's a Gold/Silver remake for pokemon?

A. $$$

I'm going to have to go with pokemone dying before yugioh...pokemone seems to be running out of ideas...It feels as though the Gold/Silver remakes will be the last two games, they already made a god pokemon...what do you do now? make a real storyline?

They've already confirmed that they're continuing with the games. Haven't you seen that interview' date=' the guy's name isn't coming to mind at the moment, but it was an important person.

[/quote']

Well I guess I got to go on another alnight information hunt...

...I expect the new ones to be extremly borring unless you can use the DSi to capture people...picture box steals souls!!!!!

There's no need for an all-night info hunt. I actually know which website did the interview.

Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master' date=' the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced [b'](since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal.[/b] So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.

There's no need for an all-night info hunt. I actually know which website did the interview.

Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master' date=' the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced [b'](since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal.[/b] So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.

Thanks for the info...didn't think about the whole thing with children losing interest and thus no one realy carring that it's all repatition...

Well considering that pokemon is about a thousand times more then yugioh as far as apeal to parents and children I believe that yugioh, sadly, will die out far before pokemon...

Lets see(* Means joined mid-series):

Pokemon Original Main Characters: Ash, Misty, & Brock

Yugioh Original: Yugi, Tea, Joey(Only naming 3)

Pokemon 2nd Gen: Same

Yugioh: Same

Pokemon 3rd: Ash, May, Brock, Max(Didn't change much)

Yugioh 3rd: TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Jaden, Alexis, & forgot the blue haired kid's name.

Pokemon 4th: Ash, Brock, Dawn, May*

Yugioh 4th: Jack & Yusei(Could only name 2)

Pokemon hasn't changed. It's still the same. Kids don't get confused unless it's new to them. Yugioh is always changing. Pokemon is the ideal show. And you don't have to get used to too much in Pokemon. ALOT in Yugioh.

With Pokemon they follow the same plot every episode its literally.

Ash meets New Person/Pokemon, TR tried to steal Said Pokemon or Pikachu, Ash defeats them. The End.

Or alternativly Ash gets lost....same stuff happens, the end.

YGO would do better if Season Finales were better.

DM had good season finales.

GX was just hapharzard, S1 great, S2....sure w/e, S3 proved mixed, S4 self destructed the series.

5Ds, 1st was good and a real rush, 2nd from what I've heard ruined the whole season plot.

(YGO characters have to stay dead....)

In terms of characters, YGO has a tendency of killing the whole cast only for them to revive within 20 episodes.

Since Pokemon is repeating old plots, shouldn't it end? I mean yeah its good money and it has a large fan base but looking past all that it needs to end soon. Are people really going to continue watching Pokemon in 2020?

I think Yugioh should last long because theres still some life left. If there was a good plot and we got to know the characters better I would invest more time into the show like I did before. But bother series need to come to a close.

DBZ did and its still very profitable. There still games, movies, and boxsets so theres still some money coming in. Yugioh and Pokemon could do the same thing, maybe re-release the original Yugioh series in HD with the correct card effects and maybe the same voice cast could return. Just some ideas.

Correct card effects? The Original Series didn't do card effects. So that's not possible. Card effects are w/e the anime want them to be.

The problem with YGO is Ryou VA died during or just after the end of Duelist Kingdom, hence in Japan he had a different VA after that. So your second idea doesn't work.

YGO is vehicle for advertising the cards.

Ash meets New Person/Pokemon' date=' TR tried to steal Said Pokemon or Pikachu, Ash defeats them. The End.

[/quote']

True That. Though you left somthing out: A lot of Pokemon Episodes are liek "OHAIINEVERMETYOUBUTILLHELPUANDNEVERSEEYAGAIN" And a LOT of Fillers

Ash meets New Person/Pokemon' date=' TR tried to steal Said Pokemon or Pikachu, Ash defeats them. The End.

[/quote']

True That. Though you left somthing out: A lot of Pokemon Episodes are liek "OHAIINEVERMETYOUBUTILLHELPUANDNEVERSEEYAGAIN" And a LOT of Fillers

how about an option that saids that they will continue

Yu-Gi and Pokemon could BOTH use an MMORPG

Pokemon has various storylines they can do, ie have ash and them visit some of the Game only places (region from Colosseum) and a ton of things they can bring back and in [return of Mewtwo to fight Mecha Mewtwo LOL or Ash finally meeting face to face with Ho-oh]

Yu-Gi i'm sure they can think of things

Archived