Alphabetical Order {{Started}} {{Accepting}} <(PG13)> <(FILM)>

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I left the emo child to ponder the question, though I could practically feel him following me. I needed to find homeroom so I could laugh-cry at the idiots there, too.

The teachers were better at Aphthiton Kleos, or so I heard. I'd need to see that for myself before I believed it. The ideology was already better; it seemed I'd finally found a secular school where an author-philosopher could learn something. After all, one can only take the inerrancy of the Bible so far, and the administration at Coello seemed to think pi equaled three.

I hummed "Sumus Victores" as I strolled the halls. Not "We Are the Champions," "Sumus Victores." Many fools I came across begged the difference. They and I did not get along well.

My schedule was a strange one. I was to take three hours of courses at Aphthiton Kleos, then return to Coello for lunch and take the rest of the day there. The homeroom teacher would be teaching Earth science 9A as the first course; that was followed by literature 0912A; then by algebra 9A; then by Latin 09A. Fortunately, I am assured to be proof to idiots in at least the linguistic courses. Only the noblest of mind would dare take Aphthiton Kleos's highly effective Latin schooling. Fortunate, sum magno mente.

Then it was back to Coello for lunch, followed by the last three hours of the day. This year, I got global history 1R; I doubted it would be of much use through the religious screen of biblical inerrancy that so depreciated the school. Then was homeec/art/tech/whatever with the most idiotic class ever assembled, then orchestra, then the only class the administration wished to teach, Bible studies.

Hmph. Some schedule that was. Started off well enough and ended horribly, as was the case with most attempts at friendship I'd made in my younger year. If you're going to try a simile, by the way, try something unorthodox like that one.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek ignored the young girl, and continued inside the school. School. Hmph. The only thing he hated more than anything else, ironically. But still, here he was, trying to survive another day without resolving to suicide. He suddenly realised that the young girl he met later had spoken to him, and looked up. "Yes, I do have my basis..." he replied. "Your life...my life...everyone's life...is just an endless circle of sorrow, rage...and ultimately...death. This circle haunts the lives of the people that roam the Earth, constricting them...corroding them...and kills them. I, on the other hand, has accepted that life 'sucks', as i verbically incorrectly said it, when I meant that life is 'not worth living in the basis of our Cosmos'..." he picked up an apple from his bag, and chewed on it. "And that, my friend, is my basis..."

OoC: I'm a girl, dammit.

IC:

Generally, homerooms spanned all four years, making for total chaos in the first ten minutes of the day. These levels of interaction were all but hilarious.

The emo from before came up with a nice response invoking severe degrees of nihilism as he took a seat next to me in homebase. Still, there were serious flaws. "So that's all there is to it?" I challenged dryly. "Suffering and death, suffering and death, with no way out? Your claim states that no one is ever happy, ever."

ooc: A legendary RP crafted by a legendary member.

True Name: Leveeta Alludian Orianta Dejerger

Alias: Eve Dejerger

Age // Grade: 10 // 6th

Appearance: A sweet young girl who has long black hair. Her skin is white and she has light blue eyes. Her height is 4'7 and her weight is 78 pounds.

Personality: She is a kind and caring young girl mostly because she is to young to understand how the world works. She will trust almost anyone and loves nature and all it's inhabitants. However, she can't help but being rude and not knowing her place sometimes while others are talking. She gets sad easily but she also gets happy easily as well.

Secret Word: "ABSOLUTION"

ooc: This will be interesting I have never played a child before.

OoC: A painfully naïve sixth grader? Welcome to hell in a handbasket, Leveeta. Accepted; post whenever. I needn't tell you you're with Davok ibidem.

OoC: Whoops! Sorry, SG. Edited.

IC: "That may be so..." Derek retorted, and finished his apple, licking his lips. "There is, of course, salvation for those who locks themselves up in an imaginary world of happiness and optimism, never caring about the real world and its tragedies, always acting happy..." Derek sighed, and picked up his school gear from his bag, and threw them on his desk, organized them, and looked back at the girl. "Who are you, by the way? I'm Derek Joshua Namio..."

ooc: NO, NOT DAVOK =O

The young girl sat at her desk peacefully, which was in the back row of the small and bright classroom. It was the first class of the day, meaning that it was math for this naive student of Coello Grade School. She didn't care for math much at all, she was more taken with English because in that particular class she could write about almost anything. The teacher looked at her like he was about to give her a math problem to solve, but quickly turned his head to the black board to write something. The girl opened her notebook to the first page and started writing random things down and drawing different pictures that overall meant nothing to anyone else but her. The front cover had her name scribbled on it, "Eve DejerGer", at least that's who she was pretending to be...

ooc: we all know that were knights or do we still have to find out?

OoC: As of now, only Cairea knows the Alphabetical Order exists. The plot (read: I) will inform you of the AO's existence.

I introduced myself as, "Cairea Courenai."

"One must wonder, of course, about the nature of this 'real world' you speak of," I rebutted, "and about how imaginary a happy world can be. Happiness and optimism are unrelated, but I'll touch on that later."

The teacher began calling roll. "Eleventh grade William Apple?"

"Here, but I'm Billy."

"I'll get back to you after we're called," I warned Derek Namio, turning my attention to the names being called. I missed one name because of that, but the name's recipient was a girl with a high, wispy voice.

"Ninth grade Travis Araujo?"

"Here."

"Tenth grade Scott Arena?"

"Here."

Eleventh grade Ryan Bradley was too busy spitting gum in Billy Apple's face to notice his name being called, but that drew enough attendance to the teacher — Mr. DeCouteau; of the knife — that he was promptly sentenced to detention on the first day of school. This is why I hate my peers.

"Eighth grade... ah... Cai — "

I arrested his speech with mine own. It was nigh impossible to get anyone to listen to me while they were chuckling over the name Caireamoinscourenai Cynebaraducanarth and its myriad mispronunciations, which is why I constructed mine alias to begin with. "Cairea Courenai, if you would be so kind."

I checked over my rebuttal for Namemo while he continued with roll call. As I understood it, homeroom had only nineteen inhabitants, excluding me. I could find no real loopholes; it was much easier to provide a disproof than a proof.

Hmph. Namemo wasn't listening anymore. No wonder he was so absolutely nihilist; he didn't let any counter-theories spring up!

"Seriously?" I asked incredulously. "You want to believe that the world sucks, and there's no point in life?"

It wasn't my problem if Namemo wanted to mope around all day. I came up with mine own new question. Why don't these emo people just kill themselves if life sucks so much?

OoC: For God's sake! It isn't Namemo! It's N-A-M-I-O! NAMIO!

IC: Derek finished his philosophies, and began his studies. His Ipod was on low volume to not disturb the others, and he listened to 'Three Days Grace - Never Too Late'. "People are so prejudical..." he thought, and humphed at Cairea's miserable attempt to try and bring up the subject again.

OoC: Hey, SG? You think I'm a good RPer?

"If that were actually to occur, then the entire world would drown."

The monotonous voice echoed in from behind them, startling them enough to turn around.

Wonderful. Pantry rolled his eyes sarcastically as he thought. At least there's something to do in this boring school. His hazel-ish eyes stared mercilessly at Derek. Then he turned them to Cairea. His eyes wandered over her, wide open. Then the teacher called out his name.

"Davokk... Daaavokhast..."

"Davokkhastaadhulhu dis Da Pantrynisoniven." Pantry pronounced. "D."

OoC: @Kuja: To a degree. Also, Namio has a new nickname.

@Davok: How long have you been at Aphthiton Kleos...? w/e. It'll probably make more sense this way; just an ordinary gifted program.

IC:

...another gifted student with a ridiculous name...? I kept the Alphabetical Order in the back of my mind as I observed him. The first thing I realized was that he was basically ogling me.

"Er... stop staring please...?" I asked, a bit confused as to why anyone would stare at me quite so intently. Then — if he knows of the Order too, and is the D-Knight, I'd arouse his suspicion as much as he mine. Better suspicion than... something else.

OoC: Yeah, let's go with that. xD

Pantry let out a passive frown as he complied to the girl's request. Staring upward at the blackboard as the teacher wrote, the chalk delivering light thumps to the green surface. His eyes never left the board as he spoke.

"Caireamoinscourenai Cynebaraducanarth, I presume?" he mused, seemingly oblivious to the weird looks from the students around him and a warning glare from the teacher.

"Indeed..." Well, there were no questions asked now. That kind of mind-reading ability was not normal — it came straight from the Order.

On the other hand, maybe he'd seen the class roster somewhere? Irksomely, they never changed her name.

Still, the evidence was mounting quickly.

"...D-Knight, I assume. By the way, that 'moins' is homonymous with the French word. Doesn't rhyme with 'loins.'"

A strange tingling was felt in the back of Pantry's skull as Cairea spoke those words. His eyebrows raised as he slowly but surely turned his head in the girls direction. His eyes stared at her for a moment again, and then he spoke, his repetitive monotone breaking.

"And may I ask..." The boy requested. "What is that?"

OoC: I hate Edits.

False alarm... but I had something going. No ordinary person would be so intrigued by the casual mention of the phrase 'D-Knight,' or anything else I'd said. Still, I didn't know nearly enough about the Order to know how I was meant to awaken his powers. I might as well dismiss the matter for now.

"Never mind," I sighed. "Anyway, I'm Cairea Courenai. Not C.E.D.C. The long name gets in the way, and my credibility suffers."

Pantry cocked an eyebrow, and narrowed his eyes at the girl, doing that same intense stare. He shrugged and his eyes opened more clearly. He raised his arm in a horizontal fashion, palm sloped downwards.

"I shall care to remember that." He nodded. "You may refer to me as Pantry."

"Understood." I blinked; the name was hardly dignified. Still, I accepted his handshake, taking care to twist his wrist so our hands were in vertical equilibrium. I would not defer to him.

At least, not yet. I did have to remember than anyone and everyone was eligible as a love interest — and thus, as mine only superior.

I disengaged and listened for some faulty viewpoint to exploit.

D-knight.

A, B, C, D, E...

All in alphabetical order. A very organized form, the boy dared to think. Yet the fact that Alphabetical Order could remain to be interpreted as the name of an organization piqued Pantry's interest. And, if his deductions were correct, if he was D then Cairea would be C.

This school will be more interesting than I was lead to believe. Pantry's eyes turned once again to the blackboard. It appears in his musings he has missed most of the notes being written down, and already being erased as the clock ticked to next period.

For He Struggled against the wicked Confines of His wicked Children, and He hath Declared it thus that none Shall hold Him, and so He was freed from his prison and hath walked the world as Men before Him. For All shall worship Him, for He is All.

I rose, not having bothered to copy down the homeroom supply lists, and produced a slip of paper from within my elbow-length black glove. I glanced at the second item on the list:

O124 Major ♀m

Mrs. Major, first floor, orange wing, twenty-fourth room. I was off.

Rovenilumiaquadrus Vuducalifragistos zi Mikanamano Urlostaganurot waited patiently for his name to be called. Despite the roll call still going on, two of the students - who apparently had rather long names just like he did - were conversing on the other side of the room.

The teacher decided not to pay attention to the students named Cairea and Daavok...whatever his full name was. He could tell his name was being called, but the teacher stumbled yet again, obviously annoyed with having three students with unpronounceable names.

"Just call me Rilus." he told the teacher with a light wave of his hand

Eve was staring at what she wrote and drew in the notebook. Collectively, there were two or three poems about darkness in peoples souls and there were also drawings of hearts being sucked into darkness. She then gave a sigh as if she didn't want to draw or write any of the things on her paper at all. I have been having strange thoughts in the day and strange dreams and visions in the night. It feels like I don't belong here, like I'm not like everyone else in this class. Best to ignore it and keep on smiling! Eve thought as she cracked a smile at the teacher that was checking to see if she was comprehending what he was saying. But how can just pretend like everything is fine and just smile when I feel like things are so strange and awkward to me... Eve closed her eyes and gave another sigh, she then proceeded to keep writing and drawing in her notebook.

Welcome to Earth science 9A.

Mrs. Major certainly looked the part. Her dress was austere even in comparison to my wardrobe, and she actually managed to pull of a sort of triple bun that left no hair loose at all. Her face, resembling a stone wall more than anything, completed the intimidation.

I smirked when faced with such a person. The other students shrank away, fleeing as far back as possible. Thus, I was stuck with the front row, last seat on the left.

Mrs. Major's voice was more akin to a kindergarten teacher than a soldier, however, and many people began to regret fleeing as she brought up the supply list. As usual, I'd taken care to deal with my supplies completely over the summer, so I could listen for verbal crap.

A boring chorus of preaching and shouting emitted across the large white classroom. Students lay their heads down on their decks and yawned, just when their ears were blasted into oblivion by the incessant roaring of Mr. Daxter, the the teacher of Grade 8 Mathematics. Pantry closed his eyes and sighed against the droning on and on of the teacher's voice. A sudden stream of heat suddenly erupted behind him, and Pantry opened his eyes and turned.

Mr. Daxter stood over him, his lip tightened and his face red as a strawberry. His face shoved into Pantry's as he poured saliva on him.

"5*9+(sqrt 10)^3=?" He roared.

"76.6227766." Pantry replied, perfectly calm and collected.

Mr. Daxter stepped backwards, glaring at Pantry, but before he could say another word, the bell rang out and the students piled into the hallway.

OoC: Note, I don't really know what types of equations are in Grade 8 Math. TT_TT I'm going into Grade 8 next year, but at the moment I just got a random equation out of Google calculator. Oh, by the way, could you join my Roleplay, Batestown, Supreme? Link's in my sig.

Archived